Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Being Single These Days...

marcid21

...is definetly not what it used to be!

It seems more and more lately, when I go out...men have ZERO appeal. At first I thought it was just me...but the more I go out, and the more meaningless hookups linger, I think...no...it's not me...

I think it may have something to do with casual sex being more accepted, and just PREFERRED lately....

...am I wrong?

I dunno...for a while I was down for just a hookup here and there, didn't mean anything...obligation free...it was fine. But now... I dunno, the game seems tiresome, and really...JUST BORING!!!!

What's everyone's take on this? Am I insane, or is this just the nature of the beast these days? :blank:

Originally posted by marcid21

...is definetly not what it used to be!

It seems more and more lately, when I go out...men have ZERO appeal. At first I thought it was just me...but the more I go out, and the more meaningless hookups linger, I think...no...it's not me...

I think it may have something to do with casual sex being more accepted, and just PREFERRED lately....

...am I wrong?

I dunno...for a while I was down for just a hookup here and there, didn't mean anything...obligation free...it was fine. But now... I dunno, the game seems tiresome, and really...JUST BORING!!!!

What's everyone's take on this? Am I insane, or is this just the nature of the beast these days? :blank:

MORON ALERT!!!

:rolleyes: fucking wacko...

way to go marci...let's thank you for bringing womens' collective intelligence back 100 years...

btw: i obviously disagree with your statement...

now go cry yourself a fucking river...

Originally posted by highmay

MORON ALERT!!!

way to go marci...let's thank you for bringing womens' collective intelligence back 100 years...

omg...ahahhaa.....:laugh: payback's a bitch eh?

I apologize! I COMPLETELY forgot that you, Mr. Highmay are the MUTHAFUCKIN authority on womens' collective intelligence!

Since you seem to be the end all be all of the very existence of single females, won't you please enlighten me as to your motives for DARING to disagree with me.

I'd like to know what it is exactly that you know, and I'm missing...:blown:

I agree with you girls...I'm sure the game has always been the same, its just that the way we see it changes. I think that people at different points in their lives look for different things and though it may seem appealing at first, eventually (for most of us) it gets old...I'm just grateful that I won't have time for any more of that b.s. with the start of law school:blank:

it kinda sux but the grass is always greeener. . .

when youre with someone sometimes you miss your time alone, or being able to go out with whoever you want whenever you want, sometimes you put your happiness 2nd to your bf/gf...

i figure, now is the time to do what i want, appreciate being by myself and when i meet someone i do, whether its tomorrow or not for a long time.

go out and meet people, dont settle for anyone who isnt everything you want. work on being happy alone, happiness doesnt require being with someone. when youre happy you wont care whether youre single or in a relationship.

MORON ALERT!!!

ROTFLMAO...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:...ROTFLMAO

Originally posted by somebitch

it kinda sux but the grass is always greeener...

you know why the grass is always greener on the other side??? cause its fertilised with bullshit... once you get over there you realise that... i general rule of thumb that i go by in those types of situations is "the evil you know is better than the evil you dont..."

Originally posted by dgmodel

"the evil you know is better than the evil you dont..."

so true.....

I am actually happy being single, not that I don't think about being in the relationship, I just accept the fact that this is how it is now and I won't sit there and contemplate on how different would everything be if I had somebody next to me. time is too precious to waste it on thinking that everything is fucked up and wrong, etc. enjoy your single life!

i recently got out of long reletionship that screwed my life up...so had to let him go....havign fun by myself....what i hate though is that when a hot guy aproches me and i am thinking that ohh WOW and then he opens his mouth with some stupid line....:blown:

MORON ALERT!!!

Highmay....be nice....being single isn't all it's cracked up to be....too many players, not enough prizes. Being in a relationship definitely has it's perks.....

:love::kiss2::makeout::bj::licker::hump:

Guest jroo
Originally posted by dgmodel

you know why the grass is always greener on the other side??? cause its fertilised with bullshit... once you get over there you realise that... i general rule of thumb that i go by in those types of situations is "the evil you know is better than the evil you dont..."

fucking right on man!

Guest jroo
Originally posted by 2hot42

i recently got out of long reletionship that screwed my life up...so had to let him go....havign fun by myself....what i hate though is that when a hot guy aproches me and i am thinking that ohh WOW and then he opens his mouth with some stupid line....:blown:

that will always amaze me. why guys will use lines. its so fucking lame.

Very well said...

Ive never played "the game" so I cannot voice my opinion in those regards...but its our genetic nature to want the exact opposite of what we have....we want to be engaged when were single..single when were engaged...rich when were poor....unburdened when were rich...grass is always greener.

Originally posted by somebitch

it kinda sux but the grass is always greeener. . .

when youre with someone sometimes you miss your time alone, or being able to go out with whoever you want whenever you want, sometimes you put your happiness 2nd to your bf/gf...

i figure, now is the time to do what i want, appreciate being by myself and when i meet someone i do, whether its tomorrow or not for a long time.

go out and meet people, dont settle for anyone who isnt everything you want. work on being happy alone, happiness doesnt require being with someone. when youre happy you wont care whether youre single or in a relationship.

Originally posted by fantazy

so true.....

I am actually happy being single, not that I don't think about being in the relationship, I just accept the fact that this is how it is now and I won't sit there and contemplate on how different would everything be if I had somebody next to me. time is too precious to waste it on thinking that everything is fucked up and wrong, etc. enjoy your single life!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I like relationships, and falling in love is a great feeling. Plus, like phillydive said, being in relationships does definitely have its perks. But, you really do have to enjoy being single, but keep yourself open-minded to the possibility of a relationship. That way, you can enjoy your time by yourself and with your friends, go out, do whatever you want, but when someone comes around, and is so damn special that they are worth giving up the single life that you enjoy so much, you know that it is the right situation, and not something you are doing just to be with someone. *tosses 2 cents towards the sex board*

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

*tosses 2 cents towards the sex board*

*catches 2 cents, tosses them back*

I agree. Nobody should EVER take on a relationship "just to be with someone."

I've long been an opponent of "the game." If you're the type to play people, all you're gonna get is the type of person who likes to play and be played... not a useful approach to quality relationships, IMO.