Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yesterdays music VS todays music

zz6

well I wouldn't go so far as to call it crap but to answer your question, for the most part, no. Very few club traxx become classics, most fall by the way side becuz new tunes come out so often. The stuff that I heard last month at the clubs is not the same stuff that u hear now. Shows like American Bandstand and the like from our parents time played the same tunes for 6 months at a clip becuz 100's of tunes weren't being churned out on a weekly basis. Club music is disposable.

There are only a few tracks even from the 70's that you still hear in clubs, so if there's anything with lasting power, it will have to have been some pop song that went Top 10 that was just good to dance to. If I had to pick one track that will still be played in 20 years, the guess would be "Your Love is My Love"...

so, do you think in the year 2045, there will be a radio station playing hits from the 1990's 2000, 2002 etc?? I don't think so!! reason is??? the music sux these daze imho- will never stand the test of time!! lets hear from ya

music these days doesnt last because there are so many medians for hearing muisic that we hear the same songs over and over and over that we get tired of them very quickly. back in the old days you only had radio, and then MTV. now, we have radio stations killing songs, tv, clubs, stores play popular music, soundtracks to movies, etc. etc.

when a song comes out its played so much that we get bored of it quickly, and need something new. and with so many songs coming out, its hard to pick the few to keep as classics, so they all go down the drain.

with all respect, your position won't hold up. some of those songs from yester year have been played on radio, etc etc thousands of times. yet they still stand up. todays songs after a few times hearing don't stand up, because quite simply, those songs of today are poor, weak, will not stand the test of time. lets hear from ya. thx

I think some tracks will stand the test of time. Although it is a lot different in the 50's, 60's and 70'c compared to now. Now days people have access to so many different styles of music where as before it was pretty much ruled by record companies what songs would be a hit and therefore gain public recognition.

The United States in regards to music is also a lot different to the rest of the world. For most of the world dance/club/rave music became mainstream in around 1988. In the United States its still pretty much an underground thing.

tracks such as ride on time- black box

killer- adamski big fun- inner city were released around 1989 and still get a lot of radio/television airplay as well as clubs.

Mnay more tracks do as well with groups such as KLF or kylie minogue who were also around the 1988/89 dance music explosion.

One of the most eagerly awaited parties of the year here are belfast parties which play old skool rave and club music from 1987 to 1994. They are awesome parties which are held twice a year. The last one I went to sold 15,000 tickets in just a few hours and they are always sold out.

Although most club music will be left in a dust pile a few tracks every year manage to stay in peoples minds and this is why I think in so many years time we will still hear some of them.

cheers Zade

Modern music will eventually fade away....there's no substance to it....a lotttt of "new songs" take beats from older songs & incorperate a few changes and make it new... when you think about it..new music isn't really new at all....However...club music I feel will be around for a very long time....recently a lot of it has been commercialized..but for the most part club tracks are something you have to go out and find & know what your looking for...it hasn't become a fad in any way...this music has been around for years & the scene still goes strong...