Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So how was it

kaydup

So what up everyone?? How was Friday night? I want reviews people.

I am so beat from this weekend, had a good time down in Baltimore. However there is a club there that has the biggest waste of the Phazon! Got to the door and the guy said this is just an all hip hop night. What a waste of a Phazon. Oh well thank god for the tons of bars down there.

Oh yeah I hate traffic :blown:

Really, really good time. I got just what I expected... good, good music in my favorite club in Boston.

The crowd was a little off all night. Aside from the people that were out JUST for Ali and Porter (who were awesome... seemed like everyone knew each other there), there were more meatheads per capita than I've ever seen in Axis, there was the biggest, most annoying breakdancing circle ever, the crowd completely thinned out on the dance floor at one point -- for what reason I have no idea (the music was awesome and all of sudden I look around and I'm one of 10 people dancing), but none of that really mattered, then night was still a blast!

Ali played a lot harder than he usually does, which was cool. His songs seemed a little easier to spot than usual, he didn't play as many mind-fuckish songs as I had expected, but he was still great. Porter tore it up just like you'd expect. Seemed like he might have had a little trouble getting into a groove when the dance floor cleared out like that, but he broght everything back in no-time.

But, as great as the club was, I have to say for myself the best part of my night was getting back to 1307 Commonwealth :D Friday was the last night at my old apartment. We got out of the club, looking for a somewhere to after-party.. so I called my place, my roomate answered (which was a shock, I figured he'd be sleeping), and he said to bring people over, he'd sleep at his girlfriend's place. So, a bunch of us headed over there and partied for a few more hours, I had a blast... perfect way to say goodbye to the old place... 1307 the send-off it needed! :)

You know breakers are annoying sometimes. I will give it to some if they are good. But, the ones here seem to do the same move over and over and over.... I mean come on if your good and you got moves do it, then get out. How many times do I have to look at you tilt your stupid self and put your legs up bent. Come one now what the hell is that, are they posing for something? Are they holding still so the judges can score them on poise? Just my opinion.

So are you in your new place yet? One of my friends from CT is moving into Davis square this weekend, so I may be down there.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Really, really good time. I got just what I expected... good, good music in my favorite club in Boston.

The crowd was a little off all night.

Yeah, I agree- the crowd wasn't what I expected, but the music was really good. We had a great time & danced all night - me and one of my friends were probablly two of the remaining 10 that were on the dancefloor! :D

Originally posted by kaydup

So are you in your new place yet? One of my friends from CT is moving into Davis square this weekend, so I may be down there.

Yup, moved in this weekend. The place is nice too, I'm psyched! Although, nothing will beat the location of my old place (well, this won't anyway). Right in between Davis Sq. and Porter Sq., about a 10 minute walk to both. Driving around that area is going to take a little getting used to (what's the point of making one two ways street when you can have 12 one-ways?).

Oh, and a couple of friends made the voyage from Allston. Their names: Hookah and Kegorator :smoke::pint:

Originally posted by whadupg

Yeah, I agree- the crowd wasn't what I expected, but the music was really good. We had a great time & danced all night - me and one of my friends were probablly two of the remaining 10 that were on the dancefloor! :D

Nice, glad to see you had a good time! What'd you think of Porter and Ali? Ali's definitely a favorite of mine (to say the least).

Well, seems we've tracked down 4 or 5 of the 10 people on the dance floor during the mass exodus.... good to know you were one of them!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Nice, glad to see you had a good time! What'd you think of Porter and Ali? Ali's definitely a favorite of mine (to say the least).

Well, seems we've tracked down 4 or 5 of the 10 people on the dance floor during the mass exodus.... good to know you were one of them!

Ok - don't hate me for asking this, but which one was which??? I think we missed alot of Ali at the early part of the night while we were drinking next door :(

So what up everyone?? How was Friday night? I want reviews people.

I am so beat from this weekend, had a good time down in Baltimore. However there is a club there that has the biggest waste of the Phazon! Got to the door and the guy said this is just an all hip hop night. What a waste of a Phazon. Oh well thank god for the tons of bars down there.

Oh yeah I hate traffic :blown:

:laugh: :laugh:

told ya...they made some attempt to bring in good talent a few months ago, and i think the effort would have been worth it, especially if they could book a couple of good dj's a month on a saturday, but nooooooooooo.....cheese brings in mega-bucks, so cheese on phazon it is!

i agree, good bars though.

next time hopefully you can make it down to dc. :D

Originally posted by vicman

:laugh: :laugh:

told ya...they made some attempt to bring in good talent a few months ago, and i think the effort would have been worth it, especially if they could book a couple of good dj's a month on a saturday, but nooooooooooo.....cheese brings in mega-bucks, so cheese on phazon it is!

i agree, good bars though.

next time hopefully you can make it down to dc. :D

Yeah we were going to go to Buzz on Friday, but we got wasted and plus the insane happy hour deals they had there killed us. My girlfriend went back to the room and passed out for a few hours while I ventured out to more happy hours:drunk:

Yeah we were going to go to Buzz on Friday, but we got wasted and plus the insane happy hour deals they had there killed us. My girlfriend went back to the room and passed out for a few hours while I ventured out to more happy hours:drunk:

Sounds like fun

:smoke:

Ok - don't hate me for asking this, but which one was which??? I think we missed alot of Ali at the early part of the night while we were drinking next door :(

So come on now, someone help me out - anyone know which one was which? :confused: I liked the dj that closed out the night - early in the night there was a point the music got a little, um, slow....

i guess having a passed out girl in a hotel room hundreds of miles from home while you get wasted isnt bad at all :D

Porter was light skinned brown/blond haired dude and Ali is the darker skinned guy. I think they where switching it up all night long, especially at the end of the night. From what I can remember and my memory is serving me to good right now, I think it was Porter that ended the night... Am I right folks???:confused:

So come on now, someone help me out - anyone know which one was which? :confused: I liked the dj that closed out the night - early in the night there was a point the music got a little, um, slow....

Oh, sorry about that. Ali was on first, but I don't know how early you got there. Porter came on pretty early after that. Porter is a bit taller, lighter skinned. Ali's shirt had some orange logo thing on it that was really visible from the dance floor. I believe Porter closed it out, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Oh, and I don't think Porter's music has ever been slow, so that must have been Ali!