Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help me plan my weekend in South Beach!

DaVe

All right, so I'm coming down to South Beach for Labor Day weekend! And, I'm sticky'ing my post -- since I can. :)

What's going on? Anyone planning any meet-ups? Any great new restaurants to try? What parties should I not miss? Who's spinning and where?

Thanks a lot! I hope to have the chance to meet some of you!

Well I'll tell ya, but its going to cost you another Club Planet bottle opener.

OK maybe I'll settle for a lighter.

BTW obviously DT at Space on Sunday is where most of us will be.

And if you liked Touch last time, try RUMI which is also on Lincoln Rd, but towards the beach where there is acutally car traffic.

Friday- Crobar; Spin

Saturday- Club Jail (Bentley Suites) Jimmy T spinning all night long - - its a chill out lounge, 20 bucks all u can drink all night long:aright: ; Crobar; Lola (Deep House Movement); Space

Sunday- Pool Party Roof Top Party @ the Bentley Jimmy T. (daytime); Nikki Beach Club (daytime); Danny T @ Space

Monday- Recover - - Bacardi Lounge in the Airport before u leave;)

Originally posted by shroomy

Well I'll tell ya, but its going to cost you another Club Planet bottle opener.

OK maybe I'll settle for a lighter.

BTW obviously DT at Space on Sunday is where most of us will be.

And if you liked Touch last time, try RUMI which is also on Lincoln Rd, but towards the beach where there is acutally car traffic.

Great! Well, looks like I will not be sleeping on Sunday, since my flight leaves at 7am Monday. Can I check my luggage at Space? :D

local talent on fri @ lola

saturday??? nothing that great to mention

dt on sunday @ space (tho it's a negative for stac)

places to eat:

DiLeo's (on lincoln road)

Osterio de Teatro (next to crobar...awesome place)

Sushi Samba

Touch (on lincoln road)

Kiss (on lincoln Road)

Blue door at Delano

Nexxt Cafe (on lincoln road)

VanDyke Cafe (on lincoln road)

shore club & delano are both nice places to get overpriced drinks

have fun dave :)

hey mrmatas2277 sounds like a phat weekend, my friends and I are coming down from Baltimore for labor day also and trying to find stuff to do, obviously will be at Danny T sunday night..... you mentioned something about a pool party??? where? how much? how do we get in? sorry for too many questions

Originally posted by shlongus

hey mrmatas2277 sounds like a phat weekend, my friends and I are coming down from Baltimore for labor day also and trying to find stuff to do, obviously will be at Danny T sunday night..... you mentioned something about a pool party??? where? how much? how do we get in? sorry for too many questions

pool party is free...its at the bentley suites....which is on 5th and ocean drive...right beside the TGI Fridays....that will be on sunday...on saturday same place, at club jail (the lounge in the bentley, is 20 bucks all u can drink...u dont have to pay to get in...but for 20 bucks all u can drink...its a good deal...pm me later with ur info. and maybe we can meet up for some of these events...

Guest saleen351

HEY DAVE!

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE LOCAL TALENT ON THE BOARDS WHO ARE PLAYING THE MAIN ROOM THAT YOUR MAN JR JUST GOT DONE PLAYING TILL 8 PM AND YOU CAN'T MAKE IT A STICKY- THANKS FOR RETURNING MY PMS AND NOT PUTTING THE STICKY UP..... THE NJ BOARD IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST BOARDS AND THEY ARE FROM NJ PLAYING EXIT! NOT COOL.....THEY ALSO HAVE TWO TRACKS THAT ARE PLAYED FROM CLUB SPACE TO IBIZA AND YOU SIMPLY COULDN'T DO THEY A LITTLE FAVOR....

ALL I GOT TO DO IS GET THAT JERK OFF DONNY TO GIVE ME A SOBE BOARD ON VIP!

SALEEN OUT

Friday- Crobar; Spin

Saturday- Club Jail (Bentley Suites) Jimmy T spinning all night long - - its a chill out lounge, 20 bucks all u can drink all night long ; Crobar; Lola (Deep House Movement); Space

Sunday- Pool Party Roof Top Party @ the Bentley Jimmy T. (daytime); Nikki Beach Club (daytime); Danny T @ Space

Monday- Recover - - Bacardi Lounge in the Airport before u leave

Hey MrMattas thanks for those great suggestions. I'm a be waltzing all the way from DC into Miami for the weekend as well -- my first visit!

DT at Space is something I'd definitely like to do...but I'm kinda nervous about jus getting into the club that night. i'm sure its gonna be packed. Is it really that big of a deal just getting into the clubs down there? I mean every city has its arbitrary door policies, but I hear Miami is extra crazy. Any suggestions/comments?

Originally posted by ironfloor

DT at Space is something I'd definitely like to do...but I'm kinda nervous about jus getting into the club that night. i'm sure its gonna be packed. Is it really that big of a deal just getting into the clubs down there? I mean every city has its arbitrary door policies, but I hear Miami is extra crazy. Any suggestions/comments?

biggest thing at Space is getting there early...the earlier the better....after 1 am the price goes up, etc.....the door people can be really bad or good...its hit or miss, depends on their moods...so be polite, not too pushy...but at the sametime be seen by the door staff...i know it sounds contradictory but if u live here in Miami u know what i mean...it will be very crazy that night, so strap on ur seatbelt and enjoy the ride....:D

biggest thing at Space is getting there early...the earlier the better....after 1 am the price goes up, etc.....the door people can be really bad or good...its hit or miss, depends on their moods...so be polite, not too pushy...but at the sametime be seen by the door staff...i know it sounds contradictory but if u live here in Miami u know what i mean...it will be very crazy that night, so strap on ur seatbelt and enjoy the ride....

Word! many thanks for the tip. I definitely can't wait. i'm stoked for Miami, stoked for DT and stoked to get some fucking days off work.

As to working the bouncers, I hear ya. Normally here in DC I stride up to them big 7'8" muthas, grab'em by their lapels, stick my nose right in their face (I carry a stool with me) and DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT!

Think the same tactic will work in Miami?

.. hello? anybody there?:D

Originally posted by ironfloor

Normally here in DC I stride up to them big 7'8" muthas, grab'em by their lapels, stick my nose right in their face (I carry a stool with me) and DEMAND SPECIAL TREATMENT!

Think the same tactic will work in Miami?

I don't know, ask Saleen where it has gotten him.

And as for the door. Space has the easiest door policy of the major clubs here. Stand in line, pay your money and don't dress like a dork and your in.

You don't need the "face recognition" aka... you better bring honeys, that some of the other clubs usually enforce on big nights.

Fridays @ Lola...Funcky techy house music.....$5 cover

Its a way of life......

Lola, the same venue that hosted the Global Underground, Bedrock, & SAW partys @ the 2002 WMC is now hosting the "PHAT MUSIC SESSIONS" every friday night.

FUCKY TECHY HOUSY for all those Miami locals or tourists who still look after the legendary Groovejet.

DJ's Chris Duque & Mono Henao behind the decks.

247 23rd Street, Miami Beach (one block east of Groovejet, nowadays Rain)