Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Lil Monster DJ" 7-year-old DJ

I dont know how to feel about this. What do you guys think? Mostly i'm just jealous cause I cant beat match to save my life, but. . . :tongue:

http://www.voiceoftheunderground.com/artists/jonathan.html

attachment.php?s=&postid=1001613

Jonathan Martin is a typical 7 year old boy, he loves building things with Lego's, playing computer games, and attending Karate several times a week. Born in Hoboken NJ, and moving to Orlando, Florida in 1998, Jonathan is in Second grade at Three Points Elementary, where he has--received the Principal award, Student of the Month awards, and completed First grade as an Honor student.

Even though school is priority, his biggest interest seems to be in the area of music and playing records. There isn’t a day that goes by that Jonathan isn't mixing at the home turntables making CD's and minidisks for family and friends. Related to his great interest in music, Jonathan was not born knowing how to play records. His father, Martin Aurelio, has mainly been his music mentor, while also serving as his best friend, and Karate buddy. A professional DJ since 1974 who presently works at the Monster Club in New York City, Martin Aurelio has coached Jonathan towards learning how to mix at the professional level. If it weren't for Jonathan's inquisitive mind, interest, and talented ear for music, in addition to his father's help, he probably wouldn't be playing music with his unique style today.

Jonathan plays is House, Tribal, Dance, and Trance. He receives the latest records and CD's, from his father who is also a billboard reporter. He then listens to the records and decides what to play. Jonathan himself is also on various record company mailing lists.

Jonathan learned how to mix professionally in January 2001, he received his first offer to play for 2 hours at a private pool party in Miami Beach, Florida. During this gig, Jonathan seemed to enjoy mixing and many were amazed at his skill level and attention to detail. Since then, he also played for two hours at the Monster Club in NYC,

Following that date Jonathan made a major appearance at Crobar, Miami with a 2 hrs set that left the crowd cheering and applauding for 10 min….

This Winter Music Conference he will join his father to play at the Voice of the Underground Warm-Up party and be baptized as the youngest dj to ever play for the Masters At Work, opening for Little Louie Vega and Kenny Dope Gonzalez.

Jonathan truly enjoys what he's doing and never seems to get tired of it. currently looking for dates starting in mid April. This summer will join his father on the Voice of the Underground World Tour.

i don't think this can be good. it's cool that he seems to like it but kids who start that early with anything can get dangerously burnout. it's cool that he has the opportunity to do this but kids should be more well rounded in their recreational activities.

I saw that kid spinnin at some pool @ WMC this year….he actually was pretty smooth mixing wise…..he seemed to be nervous/embarrassed or something but his pops egged him on to start mixing and when he finished his first mix everyone was cheering….probably if anyone else did that exact mix it would be no big deal at all but obviously its pretty nuts to see a 3 foot little kid holdin it down…..kinda wish I had a DJ pops training me since I was 5 but that’s a different story…. ; ) I was impressed though. Gotta give a lot of the credit to pop dukes I guess but yeah, it definitely shoots down our ego to see a 7 year old on the same level….haha…

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . I'd be more afraid of drug culture than him going deaf . . .

Thats what I was thinking. That kid is going to get exposed to some serious shit, no matter what his dad tries to do to protect him

I mean, look at all the child stars! they are all a bunch of degenerates. Take the cast of Different Strokes for example. need I say more.

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

Thats what I was thinking. That kid is going to get exposed to some serious shit, no matter what his dad tries to do to protect him

I mean, look at all the child stars! they are all a bunch of degenerates. Take the cast of Different Strokes for example. need I say more.

What'chu talkin'bout bubba?

1a.jpg

He's too young to be spinning in clubs (WTF is his father thinking lettiing him do this ?) but anyway....this kid should focus on other things besides spinning....school, friends, playing in dirt etc. BUT if he still has this same interest when he's older I think he should go for it b/c he could probably become a real success

Originally posted by hotcheme

idk... some kids who are exposed really young are real straight edge when they get to the age that their peers start doing drugs.

. . . I agree, but it takes a special type of person to not succumb to the temptation after the straight edge phase starts to die down (and in most people , this DOES happen ) . . I dunno, I just wouldn't want the kid to see all those mangled people having a 'chemically' good time knowing that he has no ability at that age to differentiate and guage why those people are enjoying themselves . . .

I believe this one was posted up

already..or perhaps I read it on the NB..

In any case I think it's damn cute

and I hope he becomes the MOZART

of DJ culture....

(What? You think those

powdered hair pompous bureaucrats

weren't bumping all kinds of shit up their noses

and grinding each other up the ass at the age

of twelve back then....)

Please. Turn tables are just another

instrument that drives the masses to do crazy things.

Guitars do it...Pianos USE to do it...

and now here we are.

Power to the kid.

He'll see all kinds of nasty things in the bizz..

But if he BECOMES a musical

prodigy the only addiction he might

fall prey to is a Vinyl addiction.

(If he's smart)

Originally posted by hoke

I agree, Maudy.

I've often wondered what would have happened if I'd discovered a passion and channeled my talents into it at an early age... this kid is lucky to have that.

Yea...

like me with cartoons....

I...

ummmm...

:blank:

BWAHAHAAAAAA!

I'm such a looser..

I suck...

I'm a loooseerrrrrrrr!

(Falls on floor sobbing)

*Blows nose..

oh...