Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Sox

kaydup

Originally posted by prplhz

Always seem to disappoint me:blown: , I refuse to get my hopes up for this team ever again.:finger2:

Do you think that guy with the finger has something in his mouth? It looks like a pacifier, mabye he is an angry raver

Uh oh, sounds like a couple of people are off the wagon.

It's really just amazing that the exact same thing happens every single year. We're the best team in Baseball at the All Star break, then by mid-August we're 12 games out, everyone hates the sox and people start thinking about next year. How is this even possible? Every year they blame it on injuries, but you really can't this year.. .Manny's back for crying out loud and he blows now.

Red Sox fan - the job you love to hate.

nyis4meatheads....how can you say manny sucks...we all knew before he came here that he can swing the bat....thats all he is...and yet we use him for everything else....dont blame manny....the last 25 games he is hitting .410 with 12 homers and 29 rbi's...can you do that? no! so shut the fuck up and let the team do what it has to do. manny also missed 40 games and if you prorate his stats to include those game he has missed, hed be right behind arod...so blow me. go sox.

Originally posted by clubrat88

nyis4meatheads....how can you say manny sucks...we all knew before he came here that he can swing the bat....thats all he is...and yet we use him for everything else....dont blame manny....the last 25 games he is hitting .410 with 12 homers and 29 rbi's...can you do that? no! so shut the fuck up and let the team do what it has to do. manny also missed 40 games and if you prorate his stats to include those game he has missed, hed be right behind arod...so blow me. go sox.

I LOVE people who say things like, "Paul Pierce can score 50 points in a game, you can't, so shut the fuck up!" -- if you're an athlete, expect criticizm... if you're a sports fan, expect to be able to complain about how an athelete is performing. Just because I can't do something, doesn't mean I can't complain about it. That's freaking retarded.

Manny's season has been marginal at best. His hitting has been ANYTHING but clutch, and his average is crappy for what he's expected to produce. If Manny were making 3 million a year, I wouldn't be complaining. He gets paid a SHITLOAD more than that. If you think he's worth the money, I've got a bridge to sell you....

buddy...we all knew we were paying him 20million to swing a bat...look at the stats asshole before talking shit....he is the hottest hitter in baseball right now....read my post all over again and use that e-infested brain of yours to decipher it.....

Way to bottle it up and uncork it on a message board pal. What's the matter... getting the wednesday afternoon party slump?

If a .333 average is worth $20 mil. a year then the red sox management seriously need to get their heads checked. $20 million could almost buy a decent starting roation.... all 5 picthers. Instead we're in our usual hole... plenty of hitting, little good pitching and NOTHING in relief.

I love manny and all, but to say he's worth the money is ludicrous. No one is worth that much in baseball... not even Bonds. Plus, he has not been hitting in the clutch this season... that's what made him so great the first half of last year.

Go lurk around somewhere else :rolleyes:

buddy...we all knew we were paying him 20million to swing a bat...look at the stats asshole before talking shit....he is the hottest hitter in baseball right now....read my post all over again and use that e-infested brain of yours to decipher it.....

Gee all of this hostility, all for what? Because someone made a simple post about baseball? NYisformeatheads was stating his disappointment in the way that the Red Sox management is currently being run and the fact that it seems like we keep on pulling in all these big salaried baseball players, and we are getting nothing in return but a bunch of worries and pains in the arses. So for you to come on here when we don't even know who you are and start calling people names and writing bullshit about people, you should first of all check yourself and second of all check yourself into a mental institution because I think you have amnesia. You seem to be forgetting that you are a nobody around and here and never will be, fool!:rolleyes::laugh::tongue:

im not trying to be a somebody so dont judge me...all im saying is people blame manny for everything...the guy has one of the best swings ever....plain and simple...i never said he was worth the money...but its not him we should be bitching at...how about hillenbrand not doing nothing since june and all his errors lately...how about first base production, yup tony clark aint doing nothing but lets blame manny....he was hurt for 1/4 of the season....it was a key finger in his swing..and it is gonna affect him...and lately he has been clutch...stop talking shit until you know the facts!!!! thats why the sox will never win because uneducated fans such as yourself, blame the wrong people and the players get all fucked up because of you. fuck off and blow me!

im not trying to be a somebody so dont judge me...all im saying is people blame manny for everything...the guy has one of the best swings ever....plain and simple...i never said he was worth the money...but its not him we should be bitching at...how about hillenbrand not doing nothing since june and all his errors lately...how about first base production, yup tony clark aint doing nothing but lets blame manny....he was hurt for 1/4 of the season....it was a key finger in his swing..and it is gonna affect him...and lately he has been clutch...stop talking shit until you know the facts!!!! thats why the sox will never win because uneducated fans such as yourself, blame the wrong people and the players get all fucked up because of you. fuck off and blow me!

It seems that you might be a little "uneducated" yourself to be making such a general comment such as "blaming the wrong people and the players get all fucked up because of you":confused: How do the players get all fucked up and lose because of us?? And secondly who on this thread was blaming Manny for all of the Sox's whoes, how about NYisformeatheads exact thread was about Manny complaining about his injuries, then him stating that he feels Manny hasn't been doing much in terms of hits and run production this season. He never said anything about it all being Manny's fault that the Sox suck again this year, or that Manny tied all the pitchers hands together and asked them to throw potatoes to home plate. So get your facts straight before you go around picking fights with someone.

Now lets get back to talking about that damn curse here in Boston, I really think that's what the problem is here. I mean we have Derrick Lowe, who should win the CY Young this year and we still can't even get into the playoffs. I mean all of the talent we talked about at the beginning of the year and now here we are watching everyone elses team going to the playoffs, where is the outrage here folks....

BTW isn't this a clubbing message board :confused: , how do we always end up getting into arguments about the god damn sports teams around here anyways?

bitch you'e the uneducated one..he clearly states that "manny blows now"in his first post....you agree??? look at his stats, call weei and ask what his hitting has been like lately( the last 30 games) he is here to produce runs and when your other asshole players cant hit in the clutch how is he supposed to get them home, you tell me that? i dont want drama around this team and people blame the wrong people. let me tell you you suck at your job all the time and lets see how well you produce? come on people...

uh why dont you crawl back into your hole :blown:

and manny just like any ohter athlete should be able to handle the heat. do youthink this is the first time manny has ever been publicly criticized? i think not. people pay him money to perform, and if and when he doesn't , then of course you are going to hear it. just like in a job, if you dont do your job, your boss reprimands you. or you get a bad review. Manny is a big boy and i am sure he can handle it/. who the fuck are you anyways? his mom?

Pay me $20 million a year to do my job and I will gladly take millions of people telling me I suck at it. He is a PROFESSIONAL ahtlete in a major city... if he can't handle the heat, get the fuck out of the game. And it's not like Manny has been THAT criticized. For the amount he's getting paid, I'd expect much worse.

"thats why the sox will never win because uneducated fans such as yourself, blame the wrong people and the players get all fucked up because of you. fuck off and blow me!" -- this has to be the stupidest thing I've EVER read. The Red Sox lose because the fans are uneducated?!?! How much of a moron are you.. seriously? Teams don't lose because of fans... they lose because they don't perform. Plus, to top it off, Boston fans are some of the most educated in the country. Listen to any athelete get interviewed about Boston, and that's what they'll say. Sure they can be harsh, but that's half the fun of it!!

You are somehow dumber than I thought. I don't even know how that's possible.

Whoa clubrat- you've got the board heated! :rolleyes: Too bad nobody here really gives a shit if you've got yourself in a little hissy that someone thinks Manny blows.

So anyways (oh this is to everyone other than clubrat)- what's up for this weekend - anything worth coming into town for? I'm thinking of hitting the Roxy on Sat but I don't know if there's anything else going on????????

look all of you....read my points.....you are criticizing manny for not doing his job...he is hitting .333 (1st on team), 25 home runs(1st on team), 80 rbi's(2nd on team), he has a .440 obp(1st on team), and a .607 slug avg(1st on team)...not to mention he missed 40 games...just think of what those stats would like if he didnt miss them and the games he played hurt!!! just admit that manny is doing his job, thats my whole point here...the red sox organization decided to pay him 20 million...they knew he couldnt field or run, but they paid him that money to come here and hit in runs..and he has done it....start blaming hillenbrand for swinging at pitches in the dirt...and daubach staring at perfect strikes....ive just proved my point that you can not say manny blows so give it up people...and trust me no amount of money in the world is enough for millions of people to say you suck and arent doing your job right.

by the way you can all hate on me and ban me or whatever...and i'll even be a man and apologize for saying blow me and fuck off and everything else of that sort cause it was wrong...but we as fans need to realize that hearing this stuff everyday puts a damper on your performance out there...you dont think in the back of their heads everytime a fly ball goes their way they dont think subconciously "man i suck this year, every fan around here hates this team and so on and so on"...i mean we all got in a heated argument on a message board about this...think of being in the spotlight with that pressure?....i love the sox to death and this hasnt been a great season at all...but to say manny blows is overboard....maybe if i took a suttle approach earlier some of you would agree but i blow my gasket everytime i hear people say shit about manny cause he is producing along with nomar, pedro and d. lowe, as far as the rest of the squad...they got another month to prove themselves....but check the stats if you dont believe me and look at his stats compared to other players too and then come back and tell me he blows......

look all of you....read my points.....you are criticizing manny for not doing his job...he is hitting .333 (1st on team), 25 home runs(1st on team), 80 rbi's(2nd on team), he has a .440 obp(1st on team), and a .607 slug avg(1st on team)...not to mention he missed 40 games...just think of what those stats would like if he didnt miss them and the games he played hurt!!! just admit that manny is doing his job, thats my whole point here...the red sox organization decided to pay him 20 million...they knew he couldnt field or run, but they paid him that money to come here and hit in runs..and he has done it....start blaming hillenbrand for swinging at pitches in the dirt...and daubach staring at perfect strikes....ive just proved my point that you can not say manny blows so give it up people...and trust me no amount of money in the world is enough for millions of people to say you suck and arent doing your job right.

The only thing funnier than your sticking up for Manny, is your bashing of Hillenbran. How much does he cost us compared to Manny? That's VALUE added to your team. Plus he's only in his second year, and he's a complete phenom... he wasn't expected to do anything, and the kid's an allstar. Now that's what I call fucked up complaining.

If you pay me $20 million dollars a year, YOU CAN TELL ME I SUCK ALL DAY LONG. I'd be set for life in 365 days... I think that's worth it.

I've had enough of this... done topic. You are officially the biggest schmuck I've seen on here... and that's saying a lot (you should see some of the Jersey people).

Originally posted by whadupg

Whoa clubrat- you've got the board heated! :rolleyes: Too bad nobody here really gives a shit if you've got yourself in a little hissy that someone thinks Manny blows.

So anyways (oh this is to everyone other than clubrat)- what's up for this weekend - anything worth coming into town for? I'm thinking of hitting the Roxy on Sat but I don't know if there's anything else going on????????

I'm not sure what I'm up to on Friday. Who's at Avalon? Is resident playing at Roxy again? If not... I'd be up for Pravda (though my wallet might not be :rolleyes: )

Saturday's out though, got other plans :pint:

by the way you can all hate on me and ban me or whatever...and i'll even be a man and apologize for saying blow me and fuck off and everything else of that sort cause it was wrong...but we as fans need to realize that hearing this stuff everyday puts a damper on your performance out there...you dont think in the back of their heads everytime a fly ball goes their way they dont think subconciously "man i suck this year, every fan around here hates this team and so on and so on"...i mean we all got in a heated argument on a message board about this...think of being in the spotlight with that pressure?....i love the sox to death and this hasnt been a great season at all...but to say manny blows is overboard....maybe if i took a suttle approach earlier some of you would agree but i blow my gasket everytime i hear people say shit about manny cause he is producing along with nomar, pedro and d. lowe, as far as the rest of the squad...they got another month to prove themselves....but check the stats if you dont believe me and look at his stats compared to other players too and then come back and tell me he blows......

Now this gets me, if you are an athlete and the crowd gets to you then that is just sad in my opinion. Someone will always heckle you not matter if you are good or not. That isn't pressure, and if it is then they shouldn't be a pro athlete