Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kuro

DJ Millie?

Recommended Posts

DON'T FORGET!

09`06`02

Revaluation @ Top of the Hill

319 Pennsylvania Ave, NE (above Politiki's)

Washington DC

9pm - 3am | 21+

proper dress required

this month Nietzsche and Buster tag team from 12:00 - 1:30

You can't miss this!!!

Also, Millie Byun's official debut...

If Millie's gonna be spinning I'm definitely coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh you have GOT to be kidding me...you made this a sticky?!?! eggy!!!!

anyway, yes, i guess i am spinning out this friday night although i've warned brian repeatedly i'm REALLY not ready, but he insists that i need to play out. trust me, you dont really want to come hear me!!! i've only been spinning since june! and i dont dare call myself a dj b/c that would be an insult to the term, it really would. i dont really aspire to be a dj (as in spinning out and such) either, i really dont, i just wanted to learn b/c my love of the music sorta drove me to the addiction, ya' know? there's (almost) nothing better than going home and being able to (sorta) spin whatever you want and whatever order you want and (hopefully) one day being able to put a decent mix together. it wasnt enough just bouncing to the music anymore...i wanted to help CREATE the music.

plus i'd be a terrible dj in terms of reading the crowd, juggling what the crowd wants to hear vs what I want to hear, b/c i'll only play what I want to hear!!! screw the crowd and what it wants:) unless it's my friends, then i'll take their input, but honestly, i couldnt play out to a crowd i didnt respect (musically)

and the way work's been going (still here!:( ), looks like i wont get much practice in this week either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by MadamMillie

oh you have GOT to be kidding me...you made this a sticky?!?! eggy!!!!

anyway, yes, i guess i am spinning out this friday night although i've warned brian repeatedly i'm REALLY not ready, but he insists that i need to play out. trust me, you dont really want to come hear me!!! i've only been spinning since june! and i dont dare call myself a dj b/c that would be an insult to the term, it really would. i dont really aspire to be a dj (as in spinning out and such) either, i really dont, i just wanted to learn b/c my love of the music sorta drove me to the addiction, ya' know? there's (almost) nothing better than going home and being able to (sorta) spin whatever you want and whatever order you want and (hopefully) one day being able to put a decent mix together. it wasnt enough just bouncing to the music anymore...i wanted to help CREATE the music.

plus i'd be a terrible dj in terms of reading the crowd, juggling what the crowd wants to hear vs what I want to hear, b/c i'll only play what I want to hear!!! screw the crowd and what it wants:) unless it's my friends, then i'll take their input, but honestly, i couldnt play out to a crowd i didnt respect (musically)

and the way work's been going (still here!:( ), looks like i wont get much practice in this week either.

Just drop Castles in the Sky, followed by PPK-Resurrection, and you'll have Vic going wild and calling you God.

And always remember, if you're gonna trainwreck, trainwreck the fuck out the records and be proud of your work and smile. Nothing worse than watching DJ's that piss on themselves after they make a mistake. It kills the vibe more than wrecking itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jroo

a GREAT fucking night!!!! millie you did good. friday nights there are really starting to pick up too. the biggest crowd ive seen there. hey eric we got to go out and celebrate the fact that we survived . hey eric. you did survive right? eric..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks jroo:) it actually went MUCH better than i thought it would. only 1 semi-major trainwreck, and i was able to get out if it fairly quickly. HUGE thanks to buster for coming in the nick of time w/ his monitor!!! AND huge thanks to everyone who came out. we had a really good crowd that night. and yeah, some HEAVY drinking was going on. i dont think i ever wanna see suave that drunk again...EVER!!!! and jroo, you just shouldnt drive. period. :D til next month y'all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by MadamMillie

thanks jroo:) it actually went MUCH better than i thought it would. only 1 semi-major trainwreck, and i was able to get out if it fairly quickly. HUGE thanks to buster for coming in the nick of time w/ his monitor!!! AND huge thanks to everyone who came out. we had a really good crowd that night. and yeah, some HEAVY drinking was going on. i dont think i ever wanna see suave that drunk again...EVER!!!! and jroo, you just shouldnt drive. period. :D til next month y'all!

Tell the bouncer there to stop being such an ass. We got there around 9:30 and the fucker wouldn't let us up cause Yoon was wearing sneakers, so we just left. The fucker had a real attitude problem, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Tell the bouncer there to stop being such an ass. We got there around 9:30 and the fucker wouldn't let us up cause Yoon was wearing sneakers, so we just left. The fucker had a real attitude problem, too.

At Politki? The only time I went there I was dressed to go to Buzz right after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×