Clubplanet Nightlife Community

miss teen usa pageant

weyes

i just caught a few minutes of the miss teen usa pageant, but that was more than enough. it was in the quarter-finals, i suppose, because there were about 12 girls left in the running. they showed the semi-finalists, though, so i saw 25 girls, and it was impossible to tell them apart. they all had straight or straightened hair (you could tell who killed their curls), and all of them had it past their shoulders, except for miss california. i caught them during the swimsuit competition, and the pageant required that everyone wear the same swimsuit, but here's what gets me: the top part of the bikini was a padded bra. what kind of message is this sending to the girls watching and to the teens competing who are supposed to be role models? that they have to have bigger boobs to be attractive? hey, i know you guys are all gonna get on me and tell me to relax, but these pageants are bad enough for women as it is. now requiring contestants to wear padded bras is just pushing them another step back :no: .

Guest jroo

maybe if one of them were to be themselves and ditch the bra and do their hair the way it is , they would have been picked. beauty is more about individual beauty. there is no set mold to what everyone this is beautiful. i think that the pageants would be better if they were themselves.

I sooooo agree with weyes...I watched a few minutes right at the beginning when the introduced the contestants...they all looked the same...long blond straight hair...weird.

Anyway, I found that whole thing so strange and amusing...what's up with those pageants... all this stupid focus on beauty and crap like that...and then they are all always presented like they are the next "Mother Theresa" and/or "Albert Einstein"...it's the funniest and most stupidest thing ever :rolleyes: