FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH, 2002. 3-8PM!!WEST LAWN OF THE US CAPITOL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++FREE music from

DJsTy-TDJ Sun

SwitchstanceLexus KingDeinfamous w/MC Son of NunSpeakers include:

Sam the Man BurnsAmanda Huie, Buzzlife Productions

Shawn Heller, Students for a Sensible Drug Policy

Juliette Siegfried (aka DJ Zelda), Metatrack Studios, AmtrackDJs

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Join us and 5 DJs for 5 hours of bangin noise and speeches for the most visible underground event in DC: a day of protest through music, art, and dancing in front of the US Capitol Building! Show America that we are united and have a right to exist.

We are ROAR! Ravers Organized Against the RAVE Act, an open collective representing the DC party scene and fighting against those who want to make us just as numb, boring and shrink-wrapped as the rest of America.

Sitting in the senate right now is a bill that threatens to fuck your

weekends, crash your party, shit on your vibe and trainwreck your music. The RAVE act (Reducing Americans Vulnerability to Ecstasy) is only the worst in a long string of attacks launched on us through the media, police andlocal and federal government. If it passes, any promoter can be fined$250,000

or given 10 years in jail effectively scaring anyone off anyone from

throwing innovative events for us to hear and live the music we love.

Aren't you old enough to make your own decisions? Like those civil liberties? Need some geriatric politician putting your friends in jail around election time? Remember when Buzz got shut down? Still pissed off?

THIS WON'T MAKE THE SCENE GO UNDERGROUND. IT WILL MAKE IT GO INTO THE DUST. MAKING GOVERNMENT WORK FOR YOU MEANS DANCING YOUR ASS OFF ON THEIR PROPERTY.

ROAR is a free all ages event! Bring your little sister, your

parentsand your coworkers. This is our only way to show the media and the government that we will not sit by and let them stomp all over our scene! Thisevent

is 100% legal, all permits are in place, so we will NOT be shut down!Please come early, come late, just come! - the event starts at 3 pm and lasts until 8 pm - Please be respectful and take your trash with youwhen you leave.Make signs and banners to bring with you - we want to make sure our message is heard loud and clear. But don't stop at banners andsigns,make shirts and hats, get creative! You can purchase t-shirts and other

apparel from Cafe Press at www.*********.com/roar_tees .

As a special incentive to those who attend the protest, Buzzlife will be handing out discount coupons at the protest good for admission to Buzzthat night. Come party with us from 3-8 and then head over to Buzz at 10 and party with DJ's Icey, Rennie Pilgrem, Dara and Scott Henry for a REDUCEDprice!

Directions to the West Lawn:The West Lawn of the Capitol is at the intersection of 1st St nw,Pennsylvania Ave NW and Maryland Ave SW and between Constitution and Independence.

The Capitol building is to the East and the Capitol Reflecting Pool is to the West. Parking is available at Union Station. The event is on a weekday and parking will be extremely limited in this area, so we encourage you to ride Metro. Take the Red line to Union Station or the Orange andBlue lines to Capitol South stop.

For those coming from out of town, you can take buses and trains

toUnion Station. Union Station is within easy walking distance of the Capitol. Please email any of the contacts below if you need hotel information. Several states have contacted us regarding bus trips, so please feel free to ask if you are trying to organize something.

Please forward this email to anyone and everyone who might

beinterested!

***Special thanks to all of our speakers and djs who donated their time,Buzzlife for promotional support, Glow and DC Life Media for donatingprinting of our flyers, Mike Saga for designing our flyer, Mark G for sound andlighting

and all our volunteers who donated their time and energy to

thiscause!***

Also, email your Senator and your House Member and let them know your opinion!!!!! Tell them you will be in attendance on September 6th andyou hope that they will also!http://ga1.org/campaign/rave

For additional information, please contact:

Joey:703-593-9297 Email: Joeybubbleboy@hotmail.com

Legba: 703-354-2044 Email: samuraidiscokat@hotmail.com

Jill: 410-241-7830 Email:

snazzy-screenname@hotpop.comwww.rpmonline.org/roar

Originally posted by malanee

Are you going cookiegirl?

Since I work for the man - I can't really go and participate in any way, but Gina and I were thinking of checking it out after work to see how they pull it off. But I really would only be able to watch from afar, if they caught my mug on the news I'd be in the hottest of hot water.

Anyone else?

Originally posted by cookiegirl

Since I work for the man - I can't really go and participate in any way, but Gina and I were thinking of checking it out after work to see how they pull it off. But I really would only be able to watch from afar, if they caught my mug on the news I'd be in the hottest of hot water.

Anyone else?

I would love to go check it out, actually. Anyone up for it?

Originally posted by vicman

this man spins house...in yo house! :blown:

P0001865.JPG

That's so funny, dude!

That guy on the right in that pic is a buddy of mine, and he's spinning House at my House tomorrow!

Heh, whatta small world.

PS - We're still hopin' DJ Storm is stopping by after her set at Stereo.

WHOO!!! Happy Labor Day Weekend to me!

So, Vic, Shady, what are you guys doing after 3:30am Saturday?

Originally posted by weyes

i sure hope people go sober...

No shit!

I REALLY don't think that getting a buncha ravers together to listen to music on the Mall is the best way to show old conservative lawmakers why they shouldn't be harder on ecstasy.

Originally posted by candeo

That's so funny, dude!

That guy on the right in that pic is a buddy of mine, and he's spinning House at my House tomorrow!

Heh, whatta small world.

PS - We're still hopin' DJ Storm is stopping by after her set at Stereo.

WHOO!!! Happy Labor Day Weekend to me!

So, Vic, Shady, what are you guys doing after 3:30am Saturday?

i'll be at some club in SoBe

but do you know lexus king? 'cos da man spins house!

Originally posted by candeo

No shit!

I REALLY don't think that getting a buncha ravers together to listen to music on the Mall is the best way to show old conservative lawmakers why they shouldn't be harder on ecstasy.

i'll bring larry, kitten and some herbs to spice things up a bit :blown: