Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is a pet worth $5 million?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TRAVEL/NEWS/08/29/cat.airline.lawsuit.ap/index.html

I personally agree with the couple's decision to sue (though the CNN poll is yielding completely opposite results). I don't know how much I would sue for if I were in their shoes, but pets are like members of the family, and it's simply not acceptable that an airline would "lose" an animal...

5 million is mildly insane :rolleyes: , but I don't know what worth you could attach to your pet... he's such a beautiful kitty too; if my little guy ever got lost like that I don't know what I'd do about it. :( That's just inexcusable.

On the lighter side of things... Hell... you gotta love it... the cat's name is FU!

"Upon arrival in San Francisco, Fu's crate had a large hole in a corner, the front door was broken and open, and the cat was gone, the claim said. "

...who's to say Fu didnt make a break for it after 15 years...

...during this past summer many carriers had an embargo on shipping pets as cargo...this incident will only worsen the situation...there are people that go to unbelievable lengths to travel with their pets, albeit dogs, cats, birds...i say, kennel them up if you can but i've got clients that will not travel unless their pet can too...

that is ridiculous. if you choose to bring your animal on an airplane you should realize that something can go wrong.. just as peoples luggage gets lost.

:idea: if they win ill buy an animal and make some friends at the baggage handling, ill give them a mil to lose my animal

:laugh:

for 5 mil i could eat cutesy cat meat burgers for breakfast lunch and dinner for a few lifetimes, as well as hire concumbines to have wild orgies with me, my cats, and lots of drugs to go with that. seriously 5 mil is a lot of money for a human nevermind a fucking feline. chances are kiddy kat is roaming the streets, meeting new kittens, partying like a motherfucker, and snorting tons of clean uncut cocaine....why would he ever wanna go back to these people anyway? i sure wouldn't.

Originally posted by somebitch

that is ridiculous. if you choose to bring your animal on an airplane you should realize that something can go wrong.. just as peoples luggage gets lost.

:idea: if they win ill buy an animal and make some friends at the baggage handling, ill give them a mil to lose my animal

:laugh:

So are you saying they should just accept it and not do anything about it??? NO FUCKING WAY!!! :mad: An animal is not a piece of luggage!!! Obviously shit happens, but that doesn't mean you should sit around with your thumb up your ass when it does!

im not saying do nothing but shit does happen. if you left your cat at your bestfriends place and it ran out the door, would you sue her for 5 mil?? if your cat had a surgery and died in the process would you sue the vet.??

i dont know... there are so many unwanted cats out there, just because this one had an owner doesnt mean it is somehow worth 5 million dollars.

im not saying do nothing but shit does happen. if you left your cat at your bestfriends place and it ran out the door, would you sue her for 5 mil?? if your cat had a surgery and died in the process would you sue the vet.??

i dont know... there are so many unwanted cats out there, just because this one had an owner doesnt mean it is somehow worth 5 million dollars.

...wow...def. not a pet owner...

But it was these people's JOBS to have safely transported the cat and returned it to it's owner...

it's not your friend's JOB to keep her door shut... and of course anything can happen on the operating table, as long as it wasn't negligent, the vet wouldn't be at fault...

As for the last statement, I will just reiterate what Phatman said, I know I couldn't say it any nicer...

...wow...def. not a pet owner...

Before you say this is a crazy law suit.

REMEMBER SOME BITCH GOT 17 MILLION FOR STUPIDLY SPILLING

" HOT " COFFEE ON HERSELF.

AND MCDONALDS IMPRINTED

" CAUTION EXTREMELY HOT " From that day on...

We all may say that some law suits are stupid... But remember these people are laughing 0n there way to the bank with a big check...

Well having recently put my dog to sleep, I can tell you that no sum will ever replace him or ease that pain... but I think they're entitled to some compensation.

As for the dumb bitch that scalded her twat at McDonalds... she should have won a Darwin honorable mention for keeping her offspring out of the gene pool...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Well having recently put my dog to sleep, I can tell you that no sum will ever replace him or ease that pain... but I think they're entitled to some compensation.

As for the dumb bitch that scalded her twat at McDonalds... she should have won a Darwin honorable mention for keeping her offspring out of the gene pool...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no i dont have any pets but i used to a long time ago. i love animals, i just dont think someone is entitled to 5 mil becasue they lost their cat.

ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE PET... HERE IS WHAT HE WILL PLEAD

HE IS NOW OBVIOSLY TRAUMATIZED BY THE WHOLE THING...

HE WILL MISS WORK FOR WEEKS CAUSE HE WILL HAVE NIGHTMARES OF HIS CAT JUMPING FROM THE PLANE.

HE WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MAKE LOVE TO HIS WIFE BECAUSE OF ALL THE PAIN AND SUFFERING. EVENTUALLY HE WILL GET HIMSELF BACK INTO WORK BUT HE WILL LOSE HIS JOB BECAUSE HE IS NO LONGER MENTALLY STABLE. WHICH IN TURN WILL LEAD TO HIS WIFE DIVORCING HIM FOR THE MAIL MAN...

TRUST ME ... THE CASE WILL BE SETTLED FOR A MEAR $3.5 MIL

ITS A SICK SICK WORLD...