Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got pulled over doing 130!!

nyis4meatheads

OK, sure it was in Canada... and it was kilometers an hour, not miles an hour, but damn those Canadiens with their beady little eyes and flapping heads! :mad:

Question is... do I actually pay the ticket? My only reservation is that they wouldn't let me into Canada later on down the road.

Also, will this ticket count as a real U.S. speeding ticket? Because you can only get three in a year if you're a Mass. driver and this would be number two.

I need a lawyer. No, wait, I need to listen to Steve Lawler. Ahhh, that's better.

i dont think that this will count against your insurance. (bc usually its only tickets you get in-state, UNLESS the states have agreements with each other ie. NH, etc) for example, i got a ticket in Maryland, but it didnt' get any points on my insurance bc itwas OUt of State! i just paid it off and that was the end of it.

if you dont pay it, i think they will put a warrant out against you (YOU'D BE A FUGITIVE :eek: )

I got a ticket in ME (and paid it) and it doesn't show on my driving record at all. But if you're planning on going back, they'll probablly toss you in jail if you get into any kind of trouble up there - who knows how much it would end up costing you.

Yeah, my plan is definitely going to be to pay the ticket... because even though I know it'll slide for a long while, I could definitely see that coming back to haunt me in a bad way. Although, it would be cool to be a fugitive for a little while (not that I'm not already one... wait, I've said too much) ;)

I didn't really even look at the ticket. someone told me it was for $100, but I don't know if they did the Canadien to U.S. conversion or not. If they didn't that's what, like $6 American? :tongue:

Speaking of getting raped on the conversion, check this out. So, I ask people if I can just use American money in Canada and everyone tells me I can. Sweet. So I go up there with all U.S. money... we stop at an ATM machine in Canada, but there's no need for me to fool around with that stuff... I've got green-backs! So I get to the club... admission is $25 Canadien. Not bad at all. I try to pay with my debit card, figuring I'd get the best exchange rate. No dice, they don't accept them. But they do accept American money... but they don't do the conversion. OK, whatever, $25 isn't going to kill me.. we just drove for like 6 hours. So, I look through my wallet... all I've got is two 20s to pay with. I ask if the guy can change American money. Of course he can... so he gives me back $15... Canadien :mad: What should have been around a $17 ticket to the club, was now costing me almost $33. Freaking Canucks :(:tongue: