Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you consider a person a loser if they arent married

Guest gabo

Originally posted by gabo

why do some people think that If yo udont get married by your 30s yo uare a loser ?

this chick I know said that if she isnt married by her 30th bday that she will marry the next guy she dates. I think that's crazy, how can you do that just cause you think youll be a failure to be single in your 30s.

anyone else think like that?

because we've been conditioned since day one, that the conventional lifestyle, (birth, school, university, career, marriage) equals success... and since this is instilled in us from the dawn of time, if we do not meet these requirements we tend to full unsuccessful or like a "loser" however i disagree... plenty of individuals are successful even though they may lack any one or all of the above... i can go on for hours on this but, this isnt neither the place nor the time...

3 things:

1. the most amazing man i've ever met is 34 and single. i love him more fervently than anyone i've ever loved, but have no romantic feelings for him whatsoever. he is everything i want in a mate: open, witty, intelligent, honest, funny, fun, sensitive, down-to-earth, educated, affectionate, and more, but there is absolutely no attraction between us. and it kills me to love him as much as i do and not have sexual feelings for him, because i've thought to myself over and over that, if i did, i'd have found "the one." some say i should just be glad to have such a great person in my life, but it just seems so unfair :( . anyway, i suppose that's not the relevant part of the story.

he's starting to feel that he should be married by now. he even said something a little while back about taking out an ad in the personals. that just made me so sad. i suppose being 34 and single can be scary to some, and i'll admit that it would be to me, but i will never settle, and he deserves someone who loves him as much as i do yet also loves him in bed ;) .

2. a co-worker of mine has been divorced twice and is in his mid-30s. he met a woman who fell for him and became very manipulative and possessive. he moved to l.a., partly to escape her (in chicago), but she keeps calling and calling. he visits chicago every now and then and sees her while there, because, hey, she's good in bed. but when he gets back to l.a., the phone doesn't stop ringing. he told my co-workers and me that, if she ever calls, we should say he's in a meeting. we all work in a job that doesn't have "meetings," so i don't know what he told her he does for a living... one night, on the phone, the woman asked him if he would ever marry her. he said, "maybe," so she'd leave him alone, but didn't know that she had her mom listening in. now my co-worker says he has to marry her because he can't break a promise, especially since her mom heard it on the phone :confused: .

about every day, my co-worker asks us (including some teenage kids!) if he should marry her. we all say no, then he tells us that all his friends say no as well and that he still wonders if he should, as though we hadn't just answered him. then he says that he doesn't like being married... the only reasons he has for marrying her are the promise one and that he thinks he's too old to be single. we tell him all the reasons why he shouldn't marry her on a daily basis, but it seems like he'll be going through with it anyway. i feel terrible for them both.

3. i am more than a continent, and not just literally, away from tastey.

and sorry for such a long post!

• 3 weeks later...