Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: Greece bans video games

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA

Yeah, you greek people all SMELL and you're WEIRD too! :tongue:

...nice...real nice...you're the one that dated one...and hooked up with another...and loves their food and culture...tsk tsk tsk...

*unworthy worry bead bearer*

That's so fucked up. That's like saying you aren't allowed to do anything fun in your spare time. ANYTHING.

Are they planning on going house to house to confiscate all the games they have now?

The reasoning behind it is so stupid.

"we can't decipher between programs that are for illegal gambling and other programs"... SO LET"S JUST BAN EVERYTHING.

I bet that law lasts all of a year tops before riots cause anarchy or a repeal of said law.

*flashback to our Prohibition... another bad idea by the conservative white-picket-fence-minivan-driving conglomerate*

GOD FORBID you don't have any more video games to play with...:rolleyes: what did people do before video games were invented...that's right, they occupied their time with other things, who gives a fuck if Greece is doing this? It doesn't affect anyone here in the States, so stop bitching about something so stupid. There are more serious problems this world has other than the Greeks not allowing games. losers

Originally posted by sassa

GOD FORBID you don't have any more video games to play with...:rolleyes: what did people do before video games were invented...that's right, they occupied their time with other things, who gives a fuck if Greece is doing this? It doesn't affect anyone here in the States, so stop bitching about something so stupid. There are more serious problems this world has other than the Greeks not allowing games. losers

First of all this is a public message board and peeps can talk about whatever they want. Granted it's not about music (hence the "OT" in the topic) but it's better than some of the usual crap you see.

Should more people occupy their time posting several thousand messages on a board? It's up to them what they want to do with their free time. Vid games have been around for 30 years and they are as valid a source of entertainment as your TV or a book, get used to it.

No one is bitching about it or thinks it can happen here. It's just comical that people's *right to play* is being revoked based on some presumption by a government. Or is that kind of censorship OK with you?

Originally posted by brooklynkid

First of all this is a public message board and peeps can talk about whatever they want. Granted it's not about music (hence the "OT" in the topic) but it's better than some of the usual crap you see.

Should more people occupy their time posting several thousand messages on a board? It's up to them what they want to do with their free time. Vid games have been around for 30 years and they are as valid a source of entertainment as your TV or a book, get used to it.

No one is bitching about it or thinks it can happen here. It's just comical that people's *right to play* is being revoked based on some presumption by a government. Or is that kind of censorship OK with you?

it's not fine, but it's not the end of the fucking world. that's my point. and what exactly are their reasons for banning the games...maybe they have a valid point...just because the games out here are pretty violent and still being sold to children and young teenagers, doesn't mean that other countries will excuse it.

i don't care either way, i play video games, but it's a priviledge, not a necessity.

it's not fine, but it's not the end of the fucking world. that's my point. and what exactly are their reasons for banning the games...maybe they have a valid point...just because the games out here are pretty violent and still being sold to children and young teenagers, doesn't mean that other countries will excuse it.

i don't care either way, i play video games, but it's a priviledge, not a necessity.

No one even implied that it was the end of the world. Most of the replies look pretty humorous to me.

If you would have read the article you would see that they are being banned because the Greek government is unable to decipher which games involve gambling. That means no Pokemon and Super Mario, or even Tetris for that matter. If I'm the new president and I "don't get" football (OMG do people gamble on football??) do I go ahead and ban it and penalize the millions who enjoy it? Gimme a break :rolleyes:

maybe bush should invade greece instead of iraq then. i can't BELIEVE the greek government would do something so horrendous!

I can't believe it either... its a pretty big infringement on people's rights...

Originally posted by brooklynkid

No, maybe Bush should just move to Greece. Then he can rationalize his own nonsense :D

why torture the greeks as well? i'll become president of greece, as long as i have scores of hot greek men taking care of my every demand ;)

bush should become president of antarctica and torture the wildlife there instead...or maybe we should send him into outer space instead of lance bass....:blank: