Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sept. 11th, 2002 - what will you be doing ??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by babyfacewrior

sept. 11th should definitely not be a national holiday for the simple reason that no one will take off from work on sept. 11th in years to come and remember the people who lost their lives that day....

it will only be a matter of time before you hear your kids talking about how sick they are to be back at school and how they cant wait for 9/11.....how fucked up will that be???

if we make it a national holiday then it will just be another reason to have a barbecue or go to the mall or go out late the noight before and get fucked up....

maybe not now but in many years it will be just like Memorial day where we all go to temps instead of thinking about freedom or those who fought for our country......

we should all be at school or work just like we are on Dec. 7 every year, the worst day in our country's history as of sept. 10 2001...just my opinion though

You are right, after so many years the holidays "lose" their meaning. Yeah, I look forward to Memorial Day, and July 4th, but I think it's because I get to be with my friends and think about the good things we have.

I think 9/11 should be a remember, but more along the lines of silence.....