Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My best friend... (( a lil' long ))

marcid21

Just about a year ago...I did something horrible...something seemingly terrible!!

...I forgot my best friends bday. I didn't forget it altogether, but realized the next day that I had forgotten it. I called a bunch of times, to apologize and what not, but she never returned my call....

...Up until last weekend, we had not spoken. I saw her drive past my apartment once a few months ago, and also rec'd a strange call on my bday in June, and thought it was her. I didn't try to persue things any, cause well...to be honest...we just seemed to be having issues at that point, and wasn't completely positive it was worth my while...

..so to the point....she showed up at my door last weekend, with a cup of my favorite coffee exactly the way i like it. Of course, I hugged her, and we chatted for like, hours...and then went to a bar here, and got sloshy. We've picked up...just where we left off...like we usually do after we have a squabble (( we've been friends for 10 yrs btw ))..and things seem fine...

I'm just wondering....have any of you been through similar situations? Lost touch, and then just picked up again???? I'm a lil' worried, not to mention skeptical about where exactly that part of my life comes back into play....cause literally....around this time last year, i'd say a new chapter in my life began. My ex and I had broken up, my best friend and I had parted...and...to be quiet honest...I don't think i've been happier! I've made new friends, dated great guys, have a great new job, and have been having a blast. Old friends that I still keep in touch with think the change is great...and...well...I suppose the moral of the story is...I like where I am right now. I like what I've made of myself...and where I was at a year ago...is somewhere I NEVER want to go back to. Along with my best friend, comes certain situations and drama, that I prefer to distance myself from. I wonder if she'll understand this....but more importantly...I wonder if she'll understand the place I am at now....

I hope this makes sense...I don't post all that much about my personal life on the boards...and well...I just figure some of you have probably been through similar sitations.

Damn life, all it's twists and turns! :(

One of my best friends and I have been friends since for 10 yrs. When we were freshmen in high school (about 14-15) we got into some really stupid fight about a guy about whom neither of us really gave a shit about. As a result, her and I didnt speak for a whole year. Then one day her and I were hanging out at the same spot and she just came up and started speaking to me. We picked up right where we left off, and things have been ok ever since. I think its the same way with all people that are supposed to be in your life (including x-friends, x-boyfriends/girlfriends) that get back together after a long break. If the person is really meant to be in your life, they even

~~me and one of my friends know each other for about 6 years....we were best friends then we started drifiting away at some point and then she moved to bk so we lost touch completely...we would just call each other on our birthdays thats it..........4 days ago she called me b/c a new guy she met turns out to be a guy we both kne wlke 5 yrs ago who changed completely....now we talk every day and planning on gonig to cancun this winter..........same as with ur situation with her comes some drama and a change of lifestyle and i personally wil not do that....i will be friends with her but we can never go back to the way we used to be and i suggest the same to be friends with her but dont fall completely back into what used to be:cool:

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~me and one of my friends know each other for about 6 years....we were best friends then we started drifiting away at some point and then she moved to bk so we lost touch completely...we would just call each other on our birthdays thats it..........4 days ago she called me b/c a new guy she met turns out to be a guy we both kne wlke 5 yrs ago who changed completely....now we talk every day and planning on gonig to cancun this winter..........same as with ur situation with her comes some drama and a change of lifestyle and i personally wil not do that....i will be friends with her but we can never go back to the way we used to be and i suggest the same to be friends with her but dont fall completely back into what used to be:cool:

are you guys gonna have a threesome in cancun?