Clubplanet Nightlife Community

conventional lifestyle...

dgmodel

i had this discussion, with my mother which flew into argument towards the end but just wanted to see your opinions on this topic... Do you need a Wife and a kid(s) to be complete, happy and successful??? my mother claims that this is a neccassity and a part of life... i told her that if i am content in my life and in my career and i didnt get married or have kids that my life would go on and it doesnt mean im a failure... and she believs that you must and you will get married and have kids and if not you will be miserable, and unsuccessful...i told her that she is just conditioned by centuries and years and years of ppl acting this way and telling us/her that she has to do this, although i ve been told this as well, see it on tv, live with it, around me etc, i feel differently... now bare in mind... i am on this infinite quest for misses right and or eventually getting her back if i missed her or made her leave... however if i never find her, i wont kill myself and i wont be depressed... anyone else feel this way or do you believe that you must get married and procreate in order to have a perfect life???

I really couldn't tell you...of course there are things other than family that can make you happy--career, friends, adventures, etc...but there's nothing like family. I suppose an individual would have to live life both ways--with a traditional family and without--to see if they are missing out either way. But I imagine that especially the experience of having children is one that cannot be replaced with other things in your life...

Guest jroo

whats that movie with nickolas cage? go watch it. the one where he gets to see his life without his family. i think its called family man or something.

in my opinion everyone is different and has different needs. in my opinion i want a family and kids to complete me. i dont want kids for a while. but i feel that i'll really get bored with life if i dont have someone to constantly harrass. hell, im already bored now. life is a long time. you should share it with someone in my opinion. but if you're happy fuck it. just get a chick and settle down when you're older. you can always adopt.

what might be conventional for you, might not be for someone else...

just do what you feel is right, in all aspects of your life, no one can really dictate to you what to do, in the end you will be the person to live with your decisions and their consequences...

fuck it and just be happy

Originally posted by jroo

whats that movie with nickolas cage? go watch it. the one where he gets to see his life without his family. i think its called family man or something.

in my opinion everyone is different and has different needs. in my opinion i want a family and kids to complete me. i dont want kids for a while. but i feel that i'll really get bored with life if i dont have someone to constantly harrass. hell, im already bored now. life is a long time. you should share it with someone in my opinion. but if you're happy fuck it. just get a chick and settle down when you're older. you can always adopt.

family man... one of my top10 favorite movies...

Originally posted by sassa

what might be conventional for you, might not be for someone else...

come on its more common than not... i think their are more married couples than single ppl... (i dont have fact but i thinks thats true, if anyone cares to find out for me from the census or something let me know)

alright, won't argue with you on that, but what i mean is: some people are marriage oriented, and do nothing but try to find mr. or ms. right, while other don't give a fuck, go on with their lives, and if it happens, it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't.

at least that is my attitude...

why worry about something you are not sure of......

I believe that it's true for most people... whether that means this "need" is simply something that has been ingrained in them by society from day 1, or that it's actually a basic, human need, I do not know. Prob. a bit of both. For myself, I do believe that life won't be complete until I've met that person to share it with... as for children tho, I seriously doubt I'm ever going to want them.