Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't Ruin A Good Thing

aboyfrombklyn

My friend is an asshole! He is totally in love with his girlfriend! He's always saying how she's the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with, but he's afraid she'll never feel that way toward him. Now he's thinking about ending the relationship because he's "afraid to take a chance of getting hurt by continuing to love her", but I told him that if he's really in love with her, then he should take that chance because she is worth it. What if he broke up with her and ruined the chance of them being together forever?? He just doesn't get it!

:( thats a sad situation.... but unfortunately ur friend may need to learn the hard way. friends listen to advice of others only so much... but most times they need to learn for themselves... it sucks seeing ur friends situations from a different point of view than they see it.... let him do what he feels he needs to do. everything happens for a reason. and if the 2 are meant to be together, they will be.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

My friend is an asshole! He is totally in love with his girlfriend! He's always saying how she's the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with, but he's afraid she'll never feel that way toward him. Now he's thinking about ending the relationship because he's "afraid to take a chance of getting hurt by continuing to love her", but I told him that if he's really in love with her, then he should take that chance because she is worth it. What if he broke up with her and ruined the chance of them being together forever?? He just doesn't get it!

you sure he doesn´t get it? see, is it a good relationship when the feeling is not MUTUAL? she might like him for fun, yet not consider him the "love of her life" while he considers her as just this. this is not gonna end good when you think about it.

see, maybe you can relate to it when i describe it with another example. say you´re in a club, and you´re talking with a girl. there is a slight yet important difference between her WANTING me talk to her and her ACCEPTING me talk to her (in the sense of being so polite and not blowing me off, seeming to be interested in the convo). important, cause i will probably get nowhere with the one that just ACCEPTS me, however with the one that WANTS me...

okay, now let´s say you´re my buddy and you´re seeing me talk to her for a minute. unless you have A LOT game and you can read that little difference from her facial expression and body language you will probably interpret it the way you *think* it is, yet you do not KNOW what it is.

so, same situation. friend tells you about this, so you INTERPRET the situation, as you do not know what he knows. maybe the feeling *IS* just *NOT* mutual, and he knows he would ONLY hurt himself in the long run cause she´ll probably move on and leave him standing with his heart broken. do you *really* know that woman or are you ASSuming what she feels and how she behaves?

see, a relationship where the feeling is really mutual, of equal strengh, where both people invest and get out as much energy as the other, IS VERY RARE IMO! yet, *i*, and your friend obviously too, am not willing to settle for LESS :)!