Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Robbie Rivera

pimpineo

Originally posted by mikeydny

And were talking about Rivera tracks, are you kiddddddding me.....Availibility, everyone DJ in NY, there mother, and grandkids have everyone of his tracks, where do you think everything gets leaked from, shit where did "Miamis Own" Oscar.G's darkbeat track get leaked from, fuck, Resident DJS in MIAMI had to be handed it on CD because of availibility.....

pointless !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Robbie,

Robbie has held residencies in this town long before you know-it-alls arrived....and has also just agreed to a monthly residency at Crobar....

Trust me.....I was playing Robbie's tracks at Liquid down here looooong before NY got on it....Robbie did a track for my label waaayyy back....you guys have to do a little more research before you come out swinging like that....

and as far as Danny Tenaglia and Miami.....Danny had his first legitimate residency here in Miami.....and he credits that residency with teaching him how to build a night....as a matter of fact, he couldnt get a gig in NY thats why he came down here in the first place!

JUST THE FACTS....

O.G.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by djoscarg

Hey Andrew,

Can you burn me a copy of the dub?

I didnt know there was a dub.....who remixed it?

O.G.

http://www.vipguestlist.org/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25898

according to these guys, there is a dub, and they are usually on point. They get shit and ID's way before any one and some are your friends and some are record execs... So i'm not saying there is one, but its looks to me that someone either took the vocals out using like sound forge or a studio or its a fake, which if it was a fake then its a damm good one... Or one of your buddies leaked it out... etc....

And you are right about the leaking is fucking up the scene, this is why i imed you all the time and told you it was leaking... The track should not of been pressed at all.... Just my 2 cents..

ps on vip board

jessica focker = saleen351

i got banned from there and had to use a new name...

this thread has nothing to do with comparing ny to miami.....and the kids who support the djs everywhere, and pay over $20 a week to see them, rip songs and send them out, cuz usually u wait for tracks a little too long........shit gets leaked, cuz it takes too long and not everyone has vinyl.

Last month, Mikey said something to the effect of 'I wish it was September 13th already!'

What happened? Kris, Biz, and Louis got Robbie out to play, and you guys aren't gonna show? Damn.

Who says he's gonna be playing 'for' the Miami crowd. Most promoters, club owners, and marketing directors I've talked to hire a guest DJ to play what they play, not to play for a Miami crowd. If that's all they wanted, Spin would be Ivano every Friday...to quote a friend of mine who was in the biz (not Biz, ba-dum-ching) for many years..."I hired you to be you!"

Busy night for me and plenty others though, with Stryke's party, and Robbie too.

Come on out, you just may be surprised!

Originally posted by pod

Last month, Mikey said something to the effect of 'I wish it was September 13th already!'

What happened? Kris, Biz, and Louis got Robbie out to play, and you guys aren't gonna show? Damn.

Honestly, I was telling Dekan, I lost all interest of Sobe right now, my mind is totally set on school, which is more important then anything, including Robbie Rivera.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Who says he's gonna be playing 'for' the Miami crowd. Most promoters, club owners, and marketing directors I've talked to hire a guest DJ to play what they play, not to play for a Miami crowd. If that's all they wanted, Spin would be Ivano every Friday...to quote a friend of mine who was in the biz (not Biz, ba-dum-ching) for many years..."I hired you to be you!"

Busy night for me and plenty others though, with Stryke's party, and Robbie too.

Come on out, you just may be surprised!

i for one, never said or posted I would go.... RR is not my cup of tea.... but someone did mention masi and mello and denny tsettos in this thread. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm;)

I love how people go and turn this into a go back to NY thread, not to sound like a dick, but no one here knows my situation or my person life, so before you comment, shutup.

How about this, dont worry about the New Yorkers here.

Try this saying though, see if it works...

If you cant speak english, dont got papers, and referred to as a alien, take your raft, and sail south, Ciao....

Originally posted by saleen351

ps on vip board

jessica focker = saleen351

i got banned from there and had to use a new name...

Why does this not surprise me;)

As for RR... If I wasn't grounded from clubbing, I would most likely come out and hear him at SPIN.

But, since I can't come out ; I will have to catch him at Crobar sometime....

Lola:D

Hey Andrew,

Can you burn me a copy of the dub?

I didnt know there was a dub.....who remixed it?

You guys think you are such bad-asses because you go and rip shit off the net....FYI: every dork with a computer is doing the same thing....so what?!?.....doesn't make them better djs does it?

still just a bunch of wanna-bes hating on the guys that are really out there doing it.....

I'll take a room full of Miami people who are out to have a good time and dance to good music over a bunch of frustrated NY transplant DJ wanna-bes bitching and moaning about how much better NY is and taking notes on every song and going home and ripping them so they can be bad-asses on a message board.....any day!!!!!

You know what they say....if you love NY....then 95 NORTH IT!!!!

BTW: your precious downloads are destroying the underground dance music scene.....congratulations!

why do I fall into this crap...

:confused:

O.G.

lol oscar got a hard on for me ehh?

are u another gay dj? j/k

i write a message to u to settle drama n u dont post but u post here with some drama

funny

anyway u want a few mixes of YOUR own track thet YOU dont have

well PM me and ill send them ur way:D :D

just for ur info oscar u wanna know why its on the net yes ur lookin at em

ude be surprized who knows who even if im not a big supastar dj i still do get alota tracks before u do and i still get alota tracks before they are released and no not over the net

mikeydickhead

i would keep the raft comments to myself if I were you!

You're an ignorant bastard and you turn a forum about nightclubs into your personal attack on people! If you have nothing intelligent to say, then shut the fuck up!

Caus there's a lot of rafters in miami

Originally posted by lolahotass

Why does this not surprise me;)

As for RR... If I wasn't grounded from clubbing, I would most likely come out and hear him at SPIN.

But, since I can't come out ; I will have to catch him at Crobar sometime....

Lola:D

grounded from clubbing.. :confused::(

Originally posted by mikeydny

If you cant speak english, dont got papers, and referred to as a alien, take your raft, and sail south, Ciao....

Hey Mikey...

we can argue all day about music and clubs because in the end it's all just entertainment and not really that important...

but this is some seriously offensive and racist bullshit you are spewing now....I never would have made you out to be a biggot....being Cuban myself, I take great offense to your slanderous comments and hope that this doesn't reflect genuine sentiments but is just a temporary lapse in judgement in the heat of an argument.....

I don't know what your cultural background is, or how you feel about it, but I am extremely proud of mine...One thing I'm sure of is that ,unless you are a native American, your own ancestry arrived here in a boat...

I can tell you a story or two about people who arrived here, couldn't speak english, didn't have papers, were reffered to as aliens and went on to do OK!

Roberto Goizueta= CEO & Senior share holder of Coca-Cola

Illeana Ros Lehtinen= U.S. CONGRESS

Lincoln Diaz-Balart= U.S. CONGRESS

Bob Menendez= U.S. CONGRESS

Orlando "el duque" Hernandez= he didn't need to speak english to win a couple of world series' with your Yankees...

Bacardi Family= what you get trashed on every weekend

Louis Puig= Club Space:)

let's not go there!

O.G.

Originally posted by andrewthomas

lol oscar got a hard on for me ehh?

are u another gay dj? j/k

i write a message to u to settle drama n u dont post but u post here with some drama

funny

anyway u want a few mixes of YOUR own track thet YOU dont have

well PM me and ill send them ur way:D :D

just for ur info oscar u wanna know why its on the net yes ur lookin at em

ude be surprized who knows who even if im not a big supastar dj i still do get alota tracks before u do and i still get alota tracks before they are released and no not over the net

Andrew,

There is no other mixes of the track.

You are proud of the fact that you leaked my track?

You are proud of the fact that you are letting the hard work put forth by myself and countless others go to waste?

You are proud of the fact that you are stealing from myself and my family and my livelyhood?

you are a class act!!!

who cares what songs you get before me or who you know???

Does it really make a difference if you have the newest tracks when you are playing at your cousin's bah-mitzvah???

good luck bud,

and don't worry....I will never reply to one of your posts again...

dissapointed,

O.G.

Andrew,

There is no other mixes of the track.

You are proud of the fact that you leaked my track?

You are proud of the fact that you are letting the hard work put forth by myself and countless others go to waste?

You are proud of the fact that you are stealing from myself and my family and my livelyhood?

you are a class act!!!

who cares what songs you get before me or who you know???

Does it really make a difference if you have the newest tracks when you are playing at your cousin's bah-mitzvah???

good luck bud,

and don't worry....I will never reply to one of your posts again...

dissapointed,

O.G.

well to be honest oscar there are a few mixes of the track but they just are not yours

ask danny he has one

am i proud i leaked ur track well honestly i dont lose sleep over it

and did i actually leak ur track? no i did not.

ask anyone who knows me even my best friends i am stingy with music i do not share i never ever mass shared my music on any file platforms like napster AG or win mx

and i never said dont reply to my posts cause ur opinion is to be heard just like anyone elses

oscar i suggest u read ur emails

Hey Mikey...

we can argue all day about music and clubs because in the end it's all just entertainment and not really that important...

but this is some seriously offensive and racist bullshit you are spewing now....I never would have made you out to be a biggot....being Cuban myself, I take great offense to your slanderous comments and hope that this doesn't reflect genuine sentiments but is just a temporary lapse in judgement in the heat of an argument.....

I don't know what your cultural background is, or how you feel about it, but I am extremely proud of mine...One thing I'm sure of is that ,unless you are a native American, your own ancestry arrived here in a boat...

I can tell you a story or two about people who arrived here, couldn't speak english, didn't have papers, were reffered to as aliens and went on to do OK!

Roberto Goizueta= CEO & Senior share holder of Coca-Cola

Illeana Ros Lehtinen= U.S. CONGRESS

Lincoln Diaz-Balart= U.S. CONGRESS

Bob Menendez= U.S. CONGRESS

Orlando "el duque" Hernandez= he didn't need to speak english to win a couple of world series' with your Yankees...

Bacardi Family= what you get trashed on every weekend

Louis Puig= Club Space:)

let's not go there!

O.G.

Well if im told to Head North, ill tell the population of Miami to Head South, simple eye for a eye. Far from racist, got black friends, spanish friends, italians, irish, name it, I got it.

As far as me bringing up your track, it had nothing to do with you as a DJ. Ask anyone who one of my top 3 favorite Djs are, and they'll tell you, Oscar.G. It was to bring up the simple fact of saying NY is behind with Rivera tracks, and every other track. In all honesty, your track is more popular in NY with the clubbers there, then in your own Club in Miami. I think it says something about the people in NY who live for this music. They actually care whats being played, they wanna hear the slammin tracks all night long and this is one of them, 75% of people in clubs in NYC will tell u track for track what a dj is playing, fuck even the girls know everything. Whatever im rambling, this all started over ME saying Rivera tracks sound the same, me not going to Rivera, and people saying Rivera blew up in NY this summer.......I dont care no more.....:blown:

Originally posted by sobeton

grounded from clubbing.. :confused::(

Errrr, ummmmm, well my Rockstar Lifestyle type antics over Labor Day weekend caused me to get in the doghouse; so no SoBe until October:( :laugh: :laugh:

This thread offically turned into DRAMA... I mean, it started as a thread in regard to Robbie Rivera and turned into a lot of trash talking about who downloads what music first, who's got what DUB mix or some other shit, what boat people came on, and other meaningless bullshit....

C'mon guys, this is getting silly.... I don't think bashing the music scene in Miami or NY has anything to do with Robbie Rivera at Spin. If you don't wanna go, then don't. End of story.

Sheeze, can't we all just get along:confused:

I SAY THEY MOVE THIS TO THE DRAMA THREAD BEFORE THE MUDSLINGING COVERS MY SCREEN:blown:

Lola:blank:

Originally posted by aj22

mikeydickhead

i would keep the raft comments to myself if I were you!

You're an ignorant bastard and you turn a forum about nightclubs into your personal attack on people! If you have nothing intelligent to say, then shut the fuck up!

Caus there's a lot of rafters in miami

so what are you telling me there aj, you want to borrow a air-pump?

ahh man I love being the bad guy its great when everyone is one-sided, this is the shit I enjoy.....

I could honestly care less if the crowd knows all the tracks. Guess what. I don't know most tracks from my ass from a hole in the ground! And I'm out there 3 or 4 nights a week, and am friends with a lot of local and national DJs! I know a track by the way it sounds, or by a sample in it, but not by name and producer. I'd like to, grant it, but I don't have time to sit down and get tracklistings these days. The most I can do is ask people like Oscar, Digital 7, or peer over Stryke's shoulder while he cues up another kickass one off of the Final Scratch :) Damn, with that little toy I can talk shit with the rest of yas! If I like a specific track I'll find out what it is, but that's about it. Though lately I've been going to Grooveman just to listen to what's out there...

So, as for the crowd not knowing each track, it doesn't bother me a lot. I get pissed if they don't know the DJ, but as for tracks, I'd be a hypocrite if I expected everyone to know the set hands-down.