Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Old people who drive.....what do you think?

romy20

Ok, I'm not being mean or anything, but........

who here thinks that after a certain age, if you still drive, that you take a driver's test over again?

I don't understand why there isn't a law that says after say 70 years old, you take your driver's test again.

Cause when you get older, you are less alert, drive slower, may not hear too well/have poor eyesight, etc, etc.

I mean if there was a car coming at an 80 year old driver, their reflexes are much much slower, they would never be able to swerve out of the way in time.

So what does everyone else think about this?

oh and btw, don't think I was stuck behind an old person going 15mph on a 40mph street today, and thats what made me post this lol

Ive actually meant to post this other times but forgot about it lol

=D

oh and i forgot to say this. its not really bout old people. but when theres traffic....okay theres an accident on the other side of the parkway and theres traffic on my side. why the hell do people have to slow down and look?? didnt you ever see a fire truck on the pkwy or an accident b4? its a lil' annoying. sowwy. i just had to vent bout that.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

that'd cause some confusion if u had new-mexicans come to ny..their speed limit is like fuckin 80(there isnt shit to hit down there) ...and up here its 55...ud have a lot of lawsuits .....

im a fuckin idiot..i was just reading business law..sorry..still under the influence

so let it differ from state to state...

Originally posted by clubindiva

oh and i forgot to say this. its not really bout old people. but when theres traffic....okay theres an accident on the other side of the parkway and theres traffic on my side. why the hell do people have to slow down and look?? didnt you ever see a fire truck on the pkwy or an accident b4? its a lil' annoying. sowwy. i just had to vent bout that.

omggggg thats another thing!!!

But besides that, the MOST annoying kinda traffic to be stuck in, is the kind where you don't even know why there was traffic to begin with. I mean usually you'll see the broken down car, ambulance, police cars, fire, etc. But sometimes u'll be stuck in traffic for a while, then all of a sudden, it'll start moving fast, OUTTA NOWHERE!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???? WHERE'D THAT TRAFFIC COME FROM?

UGHHH does this ever happen to anyone or is it just me?

This is a completely unbiased statement.......

I believe at 55, 65, 70, 75, etc. they should take another test not only to prove that they are still alert and not a danger on the road, but because the laws change and techniques are modified all the time.

When I took my written pre-test home to my father when I was 16, I showed him it and he didn't even know half the stuff on there..........thats scary