Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to Clubs

hisaokin

Hello.

I'm new to this forum and clubs in general, and I have a few questions about it before I might go and see what it's like. Like the one on sept 12th, Satoshi Tomiie's--wherever that is, in NYC.

I love trance music--mostly ambient and melodic ones, sometimes hard trance--but I've never been to a public place like clubs to enjoy the music. I've never really danced to music either. This is all new to me, and I'm turning 21 on the 11th this month. :)

So maybe I thought I'd give it a go and see what it's like.

Few questions though.

When they say you need proper attire to enter clubs... how proper do they have to be? Even if I buy a ticket for a night at a club, I am not guaranteed to be allowed in?

What's with this, for example:

" Being on the guestlist does not guarantee admission. The venue door staff always has final say. So check the dress code, bring some females and don’t come crying to us if you get turned away for showing up wearing sweat pants and those old Keds. "

Uhh... I have to bring females? That kind of makes me feel not want to go. I'm not going their for females. Just for the good music, good people and for the sake of enjoyment.

You could say I'm kind of scared to venture into a new place. :rolleyes:

-Yuki

Yuki, you should def come out Thurs night for Satoshi....he's the fuckin man. He's spining at Centro Fly which is on 21st St. bet 5th and 6th Ave. If you like dance music at all, then you'll love Satoshi.

As for dress, just look nice. I don't think a wife beater and nasty jeans cut it. A decent shirt, dark jeans and sneaks will work.

There are no ticket sales beforehand. Just show up and you will pay to get in. I think it's $10 before 12am...so get there early if you're worried about it.

Email Steve(Steve@urbanpromos.com) or Andy(andyz@urbanpromos.com) for guestlist info. They are great guys and will surely hook you up with the guestlist. If you don't get in touch with them just say 'Urban List' at the door.

I don't think females are necessary to get in. It's not that kind of place or party.

Hit me with any more questions....I'm glad to help. Hopefully I'll run into you Thurs. I'll be all over the place... :smoke::beer:

Hi Yuki, welcome to the board.

I would highly recommend going to see satoshi. Centro is not the type of place where you need to dress up or bring girls to get in. That's mainly at clubs for people who feel the need to dress in versace to make people like them....

Centro's dresscode is simply no athletic wear... if you can wear something and look neat in it, that's fine. A nice pair of jeans (i'd recommend against ratty old jeans that you just painted your house in) or whatever is perfectly acceptable.

Centro-Fly is located at 45 W 21st St. in Chelsea, between 5th and 6th avenues. Guestlist is open from 10 pm to 3 am, and Satoshi will be spinning from 1 to 5. If you have any more questions, please feel free to email me at ReachProductions@aol.com and I'd be happy to help.

~*Aly*~ :)

Thanks nyc and vixen,

I'm really tempted to go.

I'll first have to see if I can really go there. Being a college student and all. No Friday classes though, fortunately :)

Thanks for being appreciative; I might want to contact you if I decide on going. :)

-Yuki