Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11 Road Closings

cookiegirl

I thought this might be useful information for those of you (if any) who drive to work in D.C. from Virginia:

SEPTEMBER 11TH ROAD CLOSURES IN THE VICINITY OF THE PENTAGON

On Wednesday, September 11, a number of area roads will be closed from approximately 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for commemoration events in the vicinity of the Pentagon.

Please allow yourself extra time to get to work, as the alternate routes may experience overcrowding. You may also want to consider riding the Metro instead of driving.

Road Closures:

- Route 27 (Washington Boulevard) directly in front of the Pentagon will be closed to traffic from approximately 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

- The ramp from southbound Route 110 to the Pentagon will be closed.

- The ramp from northbound I-95 HOV lanes toward the Memorial Bridge will be closed.

- Exit 8B from northbound I-395 to northbound Route 27 will be closed.

- The ramp to northbound Route 27 from Columbia Pike will be blocked and all traffic must continue east toward Pentagon South Parking.

- The ramp to northbound Route 27 will be blocked at the I-395 underpass and traffic will have the option to continue southbound on I-395 or continue north to Army Navy Drive or to northbound I-395.

Alternative Routes:

- Detour to the Memorial Bridge from northbound I-95 HOV lanes will be via the Pentagon exit, then right on Eads Street, left onto 15th Street South, left onto northbound Route 1 to northbound Route 110 to the Memorial Bridge.

- Detour to the Memorial Bridge from northbound I-395 will be via exit 8C, then continue straight on South Hayes Street, left onto 15th Street South, left onto northbound Route 1 to northbound Route 110 to the Memorial Bridge.

For more updates on road closures in Virginia, check the Virginia

Department of Transportation Web site at www.virginiadot.org