Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lounges lounges and more lounges

gltringprize38

hi! I have been going to buzz for like 1.5 years, and I want to move on to discover new places.

I read previous posts and people mentioned the following:

dragonfly, 18th street lounge, andalo, murali, modern among other places etc...

BUT no one stated which are the best nights for them. Is it thursday, friday or sat? I looked at lemurgene.com and saw just the addresses of venue, no other info given.

I also want to know which lounges (and nights) are for chessy T & A, rich kids, ravers, chillout. ie I don't want to go to a club on a wrong night and have wasted all that time in traffic.

thank you ever so much!!

gp

well i'm kinda biased since i hate to get totally decked out when i go out, although sometimes i will do it. for that reason, 18th street lounge is out, so is dragon fly.

murali dunno what is going on there, havnet been there in a long time

andalu didnt like it that much

modern, thursdays and sundays, buster is there

someplaces in adams morgan like blue room (sundays there suk)

Murali this Friday is dnb, jungle and 2-step (currently a once-monthly, looking to go weekly)

Red on Jefferson St. is one of my favorites... the music there is really good on Thurdays and Sundays and never a cheese crowd, but I haven't been on Friday or Saturday so I can't tell you how that is either way. However, it's usually not a packed house there either.

I like Modern too.. same thing crowd-wise, but once again Thursdays and Sundays always good music, not sure about the merits of Friday or Saturday.

Originally posted by vicman

murali dunno what is going on there, havnet been there in a long time

andalu didnt like it that much

modern, thursdays and sundays, buster is there

someplaces in adams morgan like blue room (sundays there suk)

actually...i stopped doing sundays there because school just started two weeks ago, (9 am class after spinning until 2 am doesnt work.)

BUT-thursdays are still going strong, so feel free to join us there.

ALSO - Gua-Rapo in Arlington, VA is a cool lounge. we just started booking good DJ's thursday through saturday.

hope this helps...:)

Originally posted by gltringprize38

hi! I have been going to buzz for like 1.5 years, and I want to move on to discover new places.

I read previous posts and people mentioned the following:

dragonfly, 18th street lounge, andalo, murali, modern among other places etc...

avoid modern at all costs.:D

Originally posted by crank47

What type of place are YOU looking for?

It depends. I usually go out on Fridays and Saturdays. Sometimes I'm in the mood to dress up, sometimes I have a rough day and want something cheesy, etc.

I get the idea that the regular posters have been to a few lounges to get an idea of the crowd they cater to, and there were multiple posts where people asked which clubs/ lounges are the best, but no one mentioned which clubs cater to which crowd on which nights eg I don't want to go to a "dress up club" when I want to chill out.

I'm sorry if I'm asking too much. I'm hoping others can look back on this thread as a reference. I also don't have much money to spend experimenting on club nights (eg going to the wrong night), I'm depending on your kind suggestions / experience.

gp :)