Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I just applied for the FDNY Test!!!

kostaP

Best Of Luck... that's a noble profession to say the least.

Originally posted by kostaP

I used to volunteer on Fort Lee Volunteer Fire Dept, and have already been through fire school in NJ.

So I figured why not, and applied for the FDNY today.

I take the test in October. I'll keep everyone posted. Wish me luck.

Originally posted by mrbean610

Hey Kosta,

I thought you said you just got a new job.

The job I have I've been at part time for about 1-1/2 yrs and full time for the past 5 months.

FDNY you work about 8 days a month.

I think you are thinking about the sandman who starts his new job on monday.

This would be a side thing. Everyone knows you dont become a fireman to get rich. You become a fireman to be a fireman, It is a pretty poor paying job especially considering what you do and the risk involved.

If any one else is interested the application deadline is the 30th of the month.

http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/fdny/

When you click on 'Jobs' the online application isnt working download the app. in pdf format and mail it in.

I used to volunteer on Fort Lee Volunteer Fire Dept, and have already been through fire school in NJ.

I ALWAYS NEW YOU WHERE A FLAMER

FUCKING FAG

Good luck bro. I wish you the best.:clap:

Kosta,

Lock and I took the test in '99. He should be in the academy in November and I should get in for the February class.

One word of Advice.....start working out now for the Physical exam. it is no joke. By far the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life.

Buck

Originally posted by unclebuc

Kosta,

Lock and I took the test in '99. He should be in the academy in November and I should get in for the February class.

One word of Advice.....start working out now for the Physical exam. it is no joke. By far the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life.

Buck

Its the same physical exam jersey uses. That shit was a breeze. (yeah right) but i did well on it. Then again I was in better shape a few years ago. FUCK. Either way I take the test Oct. Get the results by Dec. Jan. If I hop in the first class I can prob make the Feb one. I already passed the jersey Firefighter 1,2 &3. courses.but that doesnt count in NY.

Its the same physical exam jersey uses. That shit was a breeze. (yeah right) but i did well on it. Then again I was in better shape a few years ago. FUCK. Either way I take the test Oct. Get the results by Dec. Jan. If I hop in the first class I can prob make the Feb one. I already passed the jersey Firefighter 1,2 &3. courses.but that doesnt count in NY.

Kosta,

I'm on a different list(exam #) than you are. Just so you know, you won't get the results back from the written exam probably until January. then they give the Physicals, usually takes about 6 months to get through everyone. Then they establish the list. they take your written score and your physical score and combine them. If you don't get a 100 on the Physical, you are fucked. You basically need 100's across the board cause anyone from NYC gets a 5 point resident credit added to their score and you are live in jersey, correct????

After they establish the list then you get called for your medical exam, written Psych test, and your psych interview. After all these test then you have to wait to get called for the academy.

Its a long ass process. I took the written in '99. I got a 95 on the test. 100 on my physical. i took my medical and my written physch test already and I have my interview on the 27th.

So more or less it is atleast a year and a half to 3 year process depending on how you do and when they decide to throw out the list that I am on. But i heard they are using my list through 2003, which means they won't start calling people off of the new list until 2004 at the earliest.

Both of my brothers are FDNY. My older brother (98 &100 on test) waited 7 years to get called and my younger brother (100 & 100) waited 2 years to get called.

Good luck!!!!!