Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you care?

gothzane

Regarding faimily, friends, and loved ones....why do you care about their well being? Because their family and thats what your supposed to do? Because of your history with them? Because they give you what you need? Or because you just get that creepy "somebodys watching me" feeling and are unable to entertain yourself for five minutes.

I think im getting a tad too philisophical for my own good here.

fuck it...

:flame:

Put it this way...if you woke up to a vanilla sky (movie refrence) and you were the only person left on the entire planet...no people...no animals...no bugs..no birds..just you and the world...would you say "fuck it" and go have yourself some fun? or would you fall on your knees and claw your eyes out?

You could run down 42nd butt naked, loot and pillage toys r' us, set las vagas on fire just for kicks, do loop da loops on a boing747, sit in waldenbooks and read every last page of every last book in peace and quiet, basicly do anything you sporaticly wanted to.

Originally posted by jimk29

What kind of fun could one have with nothing else in the world?

Originally posted by gothzane

You could run down 42nd butt naked, loot and pillage toys r' us, set las vagas on fire just for kicks, do loop da loops on a boing747, sit in waldenbooks and read every last page of every last book in peace and quiet, basicly do anything you sporaticly wanted to.

But wouldn't you eventually get lonely? You can have great fun by yourself for a certain amount of time, but then what?

where does family come into play with a world with no living creatures in it?

1) family

i cant say that i give it much thought...it's mainly intuitive for me...i would do anything for my family (and best friends for that matter)...i dont think twice about this as i know without a doubt they would do the same for me...it simply just Is...

2) alone

if i were alone on this planet with no other living creature, i think i would at least try to have fun...i am strongly against suicide but there are scenarios that constitute it...and this could turn into one of those scenarios...esp. since mtv sorority house would be off the air...(j/k)

I suppose all this nonesense is just an analytical disection of lonleyness...a question of why we need the presence of others in our lives to get by.

Originally posted by jimk29

But wouldn't you eventually get lonely? You can have great fun by yourself for a certain amount of time, but then what?

Originally posted by gothzane

a question of why we need the presence of others in our lives to get by.

...i think humans naturally interact for multiple reasons but one main one is to help validate existance...a shared experience seems to make it more real...but you have to get passed that...cause it's bullshit...sharing experience should be for what it brings to you in forms of emotion (joy, love, hate, etc) and benefit (learning, growth, etc.)...not validation (that is just an illusion)...for me, it's a choice...i can do well off alone but rather prefer to share a smile or a sunset or a slice of cherry cheesecake with somebody...it moves me in different ways and i like it...

Family..friends..Significant others..these are all people who accept us for us....when the world throws us bullshit these are the people who stick by us & listen to the bitching & complaining & accept us for the total package...good & bad..after we grow older we begin to realize this & I feel that's why we stay so devoted to these people...because they stay so devoted to us (in most cases)

As far as being here alone ? That would suck...We need to be around other people in order to live What would be the purpose of life if there was no one else here to go through it with ? It wouldn't necessarily be life IMO every person we encounter throughout our years leave some kind of mark on us, wether it good or bad we walk away learning something...If we didn't have that there would really be no purpose for us...BUT if we were here all alone w/ no one..we really wouldn't know what we were missing out on b/c there would be no people here in the 1st place :confused: Ok..I'm starting to confuse myself now LoL

Okay, here's a slightly more in-depth answer.

Human being are by nature social animals. We need others of our kind for various reasons- another way to put it, in Darwinian terms, is that we're more fit as part of a group than we are as an individual. We're safer, are able to pool the resources of the group together for greater benefits, ummm, etc.

As for family... why we care about them... there are a lot of possibilities which are probably all more or less true... we feel an obligation to those who helped introduce us into the world; you have a lot of shared experiences that have brought you together; because we need to perpetuate our genes and instinctively want to be near and protect those who share these genes (ie, somehow helping family memebers procreate is in a way helping us to procreate as well).

As for friends, it's pretty much the same thing, with the exception of the shared genes.

And when you strip it down to the bare bones... and look at it on a different level... as Phattie said, experiences are always better and somehow more real when there's someone else there to share them with. :love: