Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn Car Buffs: Y2K BMW Owners...

dgmodel

328_int1.jpg

2000 3series Vs. 1999 A4...

COUPE:

Which would you prefer??? have you had tremendous amount of problems with the RWD??? I snowboard often, and live in NYC so we get our fair share of poor weather, is this an ideal car considering my location and my hobbies??? Iwill be taking this car up to the mtns almost every weekend come winter, and not sure if its a wise deciscion if the doesnt handle well... secondly what are the pros and cons??? stick or auto??? what trim package do you have, and what should i ask for??? last but not least what are y2k coupe 3's going for currently???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dgmodel

328_int1.jpg

2000 3series Vs. 1999 A4...

COUPE:

Which would you prefer??? have you had tremendous amount of problems with the RWD??? I snowboard often, and live in NYC so we get our fair share of poor weather, is this an ideal car considering my location and my hobbies??? Iwill be taking this car up to the mtns almost every weekend come winter, and not sure if its a wise deciscion if the doesnt handle well... secondly what are the pros and cons??? stick or auto??? what trim package do you have, and what should i ask for??? last but not least what are y2k coupe 3's going for currently???

i own a 328is. i fucking love my car, but guess what....it handles like ass in the snow cuz of the rwd....no match for a quattro.

if it's between a 2000 328ci and a 1999 2.8 A4 i'd def. take the beemer, but the A4 is a lot cheaper. if it's between a 323ci and a 1.8 A4 of the same year, i'd probably lean towards the A4....heck why get a '99....a '00 A4 with less miles will cost a hell of a lot less than a 323. i know last year, 1 yr old A4's were going for $24k....this year even less.

plus, if you're into modding, you can pretty much forget bmw unless you got a lot of dough to spend on ACS and the like....the amount of shit out there for audi's is so much more.

and for either car, don't even think about auto..... :D

y2k coupe 3's are going for the upper 20's.....like 28k for a 323, 31k for a 328.

also y2k e46's don't handle nearly as well as e36. if i were you i'd get a '99 M3 :)

i don't know it's really down to personal choice. when i got mine....i test drove a whole bunch of audi's and bmw's, and the beemer just felt better to me......but i'd def. consider an A4 again in the future....

Personally i like the Bmw better. My dad has a 2000 540i. Thats a beast with rear wheel drive, but the traction control does help alot.

I have an Impreza so i know how the AWD is. Nothing beats it, but you really have to think about what you want. I think all around BMW is a better car then audi. Id get the BMW. Plus the fact that we havent gotten much snow here lately.

My car is going back next year and im going for the 2002 325ci. It'll be a rough transition from the AWD to the RWD but im def. willing to cope :D

My friend had a 2k beemer, and had a lot of problems with it.

Also face it, Rear Wheel in snow, wether its a mustang or BMW, still aint goin up no hill, or around a turn faster then 25. Get The Audi, you`ll be much happier i`d think. Either Way ita a nice car.

I've got a 2000 323 CI and love it. a friend has an Audi S4 and it is a really nice ride. faster than the 3 series but also a lot more $$$ too. an A4 sounds like it'll better suit your needs tho. the traction on my car (that i'm selling btw) isnt all that good.

hrrrm... see now its a matter of fashion over function... grrr... i didnt think the RWD would pose such a problem, especially on a car of this caliber, i thought maybe the weight distribution was a lil better and that in essense it would be satisfactory for the snow/rain... hrrm... i guess i have to test drive one, and really see for sure, looks a lone Im sold on selling my A, and purchasing a 3, but as far as being able to utilise the car, and which one better fits my needs i think its the A... Out of curiousity EROKK16, how much are you selling yours for? What color etc???

i have a 01 330ci.

it's okay in the snow. all dependent on tires.

the traction control is absolutely money.

In comparison to my previous, 96 328is, it's incredible how much more control it affords in the snow.

If you get a set of all-season tires on it (and not p-zeros like i have) it'll do fine in the snow.

2000 BMW 323 ci bought : april 2000

steel gray, lite gray leather interior, tint, racing seats, sport pkg. with 17" wheels & low profiles, harmon kardon stereo, triptronic, 40k

$27,000

the car is smokin, but im moving and want to lower my payments with something a little less $$$

Originally posted by cintron

the CL is nice but he's not old enough to have grey hair or an erectile disfunction. Run with the turbos while you can :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Friends don't let friends buy FWD... or auto for that matter. Enough said..

I hope you are considering the 328 or the A4 2.8. Go for the V6, more power. Yeah you can work on the a4 1.8T, but it is way detuned. Get an S4!!!

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

C70 anyone?

Volvo-C70-Coupe.jpg

ok it is FWD, but you can get it with a 6 speed manual and 18" BBS wheels (as part of sport package)

btw: if youre loooking for all season tires, Pirelli P7000's are great in the snow

:)

:eek: :eek: .....my babbbbbbbbby!!..not u eric..the car...dont get all happy n shit

I'd say wait until the Evo comes over. It'll be another year or so.

it WILL be worth the wait ;)

seriously... wtf people. are you all 50 years old or something?

Volvo C70 (impotency) Acura CL/TL (balding/Rogaine candidate), BMW anything (overweight/high bloodpressure/avid golfer)

christ. drive something EXCITING. Beemers are smooth but they're NOT all they're cracked up to be. Volvo... don't make me laugh. If i wanted 18"bbs wheels i'd buy my own and fit them to a Porsche GT3.

and a BMW 8 series? Can you say "Shop Queen?"

I say for what you'll spend... call up Motorex and have em ship over a Skyline... or buy a Supra... or get a Vette...

or snag an Evo or wait for the WRX... hell even get another A4 or an S4... but i wouldn't waste the money on anything that the generic buying crowd averages 50 years old or higher...

excepta 996 ;)

Originally posted by cintron

christ. drive something EXCITING. Beemers are smooth but they're NOT all they're cracked up to be. Volvo... don't make me laugh. If i wanted 18"bbs wheels i'd buy my own and fit them to a Porsche GT3.

I say for what you'll spend... call up Motorex and have em ship over a Skyline... or buy a Supra... or get a Vette...

or snag an Evo or wait for the WRX... hell even get another A4 or an S4... but i wouldn't waste the money on anything that the generic buying crowd averages 50 years old or higher...

excepta 996 ;)

Once again you are missing the point. He has a budget (seeing his choice of vehicles its probably about $25k or so). Hence...Evo, Skyline, and S4 are out of the question

WRX is nice...but lacks luxury features of the 3-series and A4...

And how the fuck are you comparing Volvo and Porsche? It just seems a little unfair.

:rolleyes: