Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn Car Buffs: Y2K BMW Owners...

dgmodel

if he has a budget, then an Evo will probably NOT be outside of it if they want to compete with a wrx.

i saw people suggesting rather expensive cars... S4 was one of them. just repeating the phrase...

and yes you CAN get a skyline for around 30k.

I've driven most of the cars listed by others and i really found nothing special about em. Plush leather, excessively heavy sedan body... decent power, but the advantage of it was killed by the weight of the car...

the new BMW's are decent but i'm still a favorite of the previous M3 chassis. A4's are nice... but if he has a budget, then for all the cars that are available, i'd say wait and save up more money.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 2001 330ci.. full loaded .. sports, premium , etc... i love the car.. handles like a beast.. wow .. sucks the biggest balls in the snow though.. i am sold on every aspect of the car except for the interior squeaks and noises i may get once and a while... as soon as the lease is up im going to buy an m3 so hopefully they fixed the little bugs... such as the fucking rattling rear speaker grills with the harmon kardon system.

Originally posted by cintron

Go for the A4. Easier to mod, and most of all, it'll handle ALL weather. The one problem with the A4 is that sometimes they're a little quirky with electrics. Some stuff breaks.

beemer's are nice but they're heavy. I'd say get a WRX and mod the hell out of it :D

My car in the UK

20024215465218807.jpg

20024215465663487.jpg

:D

You CAN NOT get a Skyline under 30K go to moterex and check it out.

If you want something in the Snow get the type-S, CL/TL.

You will smoke 330,a4,c70 in a strait line and is nice in the snow.

'I have A CL type-s and take it out everytime when it snows, when it snowed alot here in NJ like 2 years back I was the only car on Rt 17 in like a foot of snow and had no problems.

Originally posted by stonedcl

You CAN NOT get a Skyline under 30K go to moterex and check it out.

If you want something in the Snow get the type-S, CL/TL.

You will smoke 330,a4,c70 in a strait line and is nice in the snow.

'I have A CL type-s and take it out everytime when it snows, when it snowed alot here in NJ like 2 years back I was the only car on Rt 17 in like a foot of snow and had no problems.

you CAN get a skyline under 30k.

it might be a base R32 non-turbo model, but it's still a skyline ;)

Hey Englishguy... NICE CAR :D

i've got a 91 MR2 turbo... just fitted a blitz Nur Spec R. Boy, she moves :) Next up on the plate is a set of wheels and some springs to bring the stance down. Right now she looks like she's meant for offroading.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

dont get a TT marko..i repeat dont get a TT...ive heard so many bad things from the owners...i say just run with the 3 series

REALLY??? i read on audi forums nothing but good things... i guess their biassed opinions... damn man this sucks... i hate this crap... why cant they just repair my car~!!!

what happened to your car that they can't fix??

]

theres a noise that they cant get rid of.. and its LOUD and annoying... and yet they cant seem to hear it!!! lol... i have video of the car in motion inside and out, and there is a loud noise on acceleration and they claim its normal for these cars... then they said its because i changed the exhaust... I complained about this noise the second day i owned the car before any mods or anything... then... i go in for a service because my brakes went out... YES THATS RIGHT!!! i had NO brakes driving on the highway... and they said its not covered under warranty... and are making me pay out of pocket... then they wouldnt give me a wheel alignment because i have 18"s on my car... he said the rims are too big... wont fit on the machine... i asked him what machine do they have he said the HUNTER.. hunter machines can fit up 20" rims... secondly i said you sell A8's here right and S8's right??? they come stock with 18" rims you tell these customers to go to an aftermarket wheel alignment??? riiiiight... anyhoo i told them if they dont fix it theyre going to lose a customer and gain a car on the lot... im not moving it.. im not paying none of this shit.. i didnt buy a $30k car (cash i might add no lease no finance none of this bs) so i can be treated like i just bought a fuckin 85 nova... fuck this fuck them... they can go to hell... even if they fix it i dont want the car... im going to look for a different one.. i dont even think i want the a6 or the tt anymore because audi has me furious over here over bs... this is such bs...

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~!

DG, that is REALLY gay of that audi dealership. Sounds like they're just trying to fuck with you and run up a bill. I'd take the car to another dealer... get the alignment done at a performance shop (they'll probably do a better job anyway) and get some A4 enthusiast help on diagnosing that noise. I wouldn't get rid of the car over this, especially if you paid cash... becuase you'd be losing a TON of money. Seriously, you CAN fix the problem, man.

What's the noise like? Where's it coming from? When does it occur?

dude... i know you want another car... but you'll spend $$ out the wazoo to get it, plus who knows if the same story will repeat itself over again.

I modified my MR2, i've got a big fat exhaust can hanging off the back... and the toyota dealership i'm with is really cool about it.

Just find a dealer who isn't intimidated by aftermarket parts.

You COULD argue your case with the dealer... they're obviously being assholes and treating you like a know-nothing kid.

The Toyota dealership down in long island did that to me, and ended up BREAKING more than they fixed. Gave the car back to me with a brand new alternator... but with the ABS and AIRBAG lights on.

Just take it somewhere else, dude. Get some enthusiast opinions. Anytime you start modding a car... there will always be a dealer out there who will try to bend you over when it comes time to take it to the shop.

looks like a Porsche 914 meets the S2000 and a Lotus Elise.

I will cry if that thing is front wheel drive...

and 3 bolt hubs?... doesn't seem like they're making serious power if that's the case....

what're the specs? :shaky:

i actually dont know if its FWD...its made by mercedes so it probably isnt

it weighs about 1700 pounds

it doesnt have that much power either....698 cc turbocharged 3 cyl...80-85hp....0-60 in about 12 seconds (its meant to be a city car, thus emphasis on fuel economy....gets 50 mpg)

6 speed manual standard....F1-style paddle shifters likely option

dont worry....Brabus is co-developing mods with mercedes for it...there should be plenty by the time it hits dealers (the Brabus modified Smart coupe had a 45hp gain) :)