Attn Car Buffs: Y2K BMW Owners...

dgmodel

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cintron

Hey Englishguy... NICE CAR :D

i've got a 91 MR2 turbo... just fitted a blitz Nur Spec R. Boy, she moves :) Next up on the plate is a set of wheels and some springs to bring the stance down. Right now she looks like she's meant for offroading.

Thanks mate :D You didn't get the turbo version of the impreza over there until the new WRX came out. The exhaust is straight through from the turbo back. The mid and back box is a HKS Super Dragger. The flat four burbble is fantastic :D

It's just short of 260 bhp at the momment and will do 0-60 mph in 5 seconds........ not too bad

I like the MR2's and the turbo's must be evil cars. I bet they are a handful in the wet being mid engined and RWD.

Originally posted by englishguy

Thanks mate :D You didn't get the turbo version of the impreza over there until the new WRX came out. The exhaust is straight through from the turbo back. The mid and back box is a HKS Super Dragger. The flat four burbble is fantastic :D

It's just short of 260 bhp at the momment and will do 0-60 mph in 5 seconds........ not too bad

I like the MR2's and the turbo's must be evil cars. I bet they are a handful in the wet being mid engined and RWD.

nice mods :) Yes my girl is a handful when it's wet out. Can't get too foolish because she will have a temper tanrum and put you into a curb or a wall.

As of now i'm running 223rwhp and 236ft*lbs, when i run 15psi.

The growl i get from my exhaust is menacing... engine has a square bore/stroke, so it sounds like a motorcycle engine on steroids :)

I'd love to drive a WRX and see how it feels. Gobs of power and grip!

DG, that is REALLY gay of that audi dealership. Sounds like they're just trying to fuck with you and run up a bill. I'd take the car to another dealer... get the alignment done at a performance shop (they'll probably do a better job anyway) and get some A4 enthusiast help on diagnosing that noise. I wouldn't get rid of the car over this, especially if you paid cash... becuase you'd be losing a TON of money. Seriously, you CAN fix the problem, man.

What's the noise like? Where's it coming from? When does it occur?

dude... i know you want another car... but you'll spend $$ out the wazoo to get it, plus who knows if the same story will repeat itself over again.

I modified my MR2, i've got a big fat exhaust can hanging off the back... and the toyota dealership i'm with is really cool about it.

Just find a dealer who isn't intimidated by aftermarket parts.

You COULD argue your case with the dealer... they're obviously being assholes and treating you like a know-nothing kid.

The Toyota dealership down in long island did that to me, and ended up BREAKING more than they fixed. Gave the car back to me with a brand new alternator... but with the ABS and AIRBAG lights on.

Just take it somewhere else, dude. Get some enthusiast opinions. Anytime you start modding a car... there will always be a dealer out there who will try to bend you over when it comes time to take it to the shop.

i know exactly what the problem is, and most audi 1.8t's from 96-99 had/have this problem... i even gave them the part #'s of the defected pieces... and they still wouldnt do sh!t... i even bitched to AOA and they did nothing for me either... grrr... i just dont even want to deal with audis anymore or anyone associated with them... i went to bmw today and priced out a 3... and i think im in love.. however im scared of the RWD... im going to Mercedes tomorrow to price out CLK's and see which the more affordable of the two thieves... well anyhoo...

Originally posted by dgmodel

why do AWD lack so much power???

Simple. On your typical car, you have between a 15-20% drivetrain loss on average.

On an AWD car, double that figure. You're dealing with 2 more wheels and all the hardware to turn them.

This is why most AWD cars can launch fast, but suffer at higher speeds.

DG... man i'm sorry. AOA really sounds like they don't give a crap about the enthusiast. Have other people been able to fix this problem? It sounds like grounds for a class action suit.

oh and don't be afraid of RWD :) Just learn how to drive it without killing yourself.

Get a beemer... take it to some Autocrosses...

My fave would be an M3 of the generation you showed... except with less-lame wheels..

Simple. On your typical car, you have between a 15-20% drivetrain loss on average.

On an AWD car, double that figure. You're dealing with 2 more wheels and all the hardware to turn them.

This is why most AWD cars can launch fast, but suffer at higher speeds.

its not just that. so many AWD cars just lack high powered engines in general. And what happened to AWD coupes? i dont think there are any on sale now that the 3000gt and svx are gone :( (i can only think of the Porsche 911 Carrera 4)

lol... thanks chief...

so i went in person to check it out, this bad boy was niiiiiice... no body damage... no paint work, dinan intake, dinan software, clears all around, eurospec tails... uucmotorworks exhaust... overall a great car... im getting a quote from insurance tomorrow... and theyll be the final judgment... insurance gives me the go ahead im in there... vrooooom...