Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OH my satoshi.....

spinsaikel

wow, what a great night eh?! there were some nasty nasty breaks in the front room. loved every min of it. the patio was a bit questionable, and BK sucked. and satoshi wasnt too fond of him either:

me: so what do you think of BK satoshi?

satoshi: ummm......he's too hard and I dont know how I can work that into my opening set.

me: I think it's time for you to man the decks satoshi. this guy is a bit too hard and fast for an opening dj.

Satoshi: yeah he is a bit too fast but........I can play harder then this!

anyway, BK may have sucked but I had a great time hanging out with the usual cp peeps in the vip room and on the dancefloor. and thanks vic for fixing my hair while I was dancing. You see guys, I was dancing the night away, and when all of a sudden I felt a hand rub my the top of my head. when i turned around it was hair police vic and with his drive by fix and go. goes to show you that there are benefits to being with CP. it was great to finally meet you raverprincess. that is your sn right? FunkfreshDC, you bastard. I've seen you so many times and I had no Idea it was you. but you did. hah! great to finally know your name after seeing your mug around for so long.

after a painful bk experience (that guy really blew), satoshi was a welcome sight...and he fukin' rocked it!

i think he is one of the best dj's i've heard in a while. \

i know some people werent too crazy about the music on the patio - but i gotta give them props. the filler guys throw a party at blue room every sunday and are really good at what they do. they thought it was pretty funny that they got booked to play at buzz...probably the most bizarre thing i have ever seen was a circle of break dancers breakin to some minimal techno.

glad we all got to take over the back room for a little while....chillin'... ripping posters off the walls...etc.

Originally posted by djbuster

glad we all got to take over the back room for a little while....chillin'... ripping posters off the walls...etc.

hah, I can contest to the ripping posters off the walls comment:laugh: . when I did, i saw scott in the corner of my eye and i didnt think he was amused at all. but hey, satoshi was asking me if i wanted an autograph so i had to get something for the man to sign.

Originally posted by crank47

The "CP vip room takeover" with Satoshi was really funny. Just one of those instances of right place and time. :aright:

:aright: Thanks for the hook up Crank! I had a great time. I didn't really see you guys all that much after I left VIP. I spent most of my time in the front room. I did catch a little of BK's set - it was okay but he did drop this one track around 12:40 am that has been driving me nuts! I think DT dropped it at Arc back in June and I've been trying to figure out what the track is. I can't tell what the vocalist is saying though :( I asked a few people what the name of the track was when he dropped it but no body knew and I couldn't find Walker.

I popped into the main room every once in a while but was not feeling Satoshi set. Chris Carter was amazing! First time I was more impressed with the sets in the front room than in the main room.

i have a lot of respect for both BK and satoshi but putting them back to back wasn't a good idea. satoshi made a great transition though when he came on by dropping from bk's last record into a long beatless vocal...although when the beat came in it sounded like somebody had hit the 33rpm button with a 45rpm record cuz it was a good 20bpm slower than what BK had been playing.

i couldn't make it past about 4:45am though i wish i'd stayed for those breaks... :(

ran into those crazy ravers spinsaikel, velvetgoldmire and crank47! PLUR and stuff... :)

cya guys at deep dish probably.

/me slips back into the darkness...

Buster - you are a bad influence! I know who the REAL DJ whore is now! ;)

Had a great night on Friday. I enjoyed Satoshi's set, but didn't stay for the whole thing - I was beat!

But, considering I got to drool on Satoshi and Saeed - it was def. a good night! :D

Ahhhh, the life of a DJ whore....

I didn't go but all my friends didn't like it. Mainly because one of them got busted and arrested. Oh well, some people deserve it for be to damn cocky. Anyways, thats a personel matter. I heard that 53 people got busted. Is my lovely club coming to an end? :(

Originally posted by malanee

But, considering I got to drool on Satoshi and Saeed - it was def. a good night! :D

Ahhhh, the life of a DJ whore....

LOL! You came up to me and said "I KNOW YOU HAVE GUM!" and as I was trying to get it out of my pocket you spotted Saeed... ran over to him and what a huge mistake it was trying to give you the piece of gum while you were talking to him! I didn't see who you were talking to at first. I think I poked you in the arm like 10 times and then noticed... then slowly walked away *lol*

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

LOL! You came up to me and said "I KNOW YOU HAVE GUM!" and as I was trying to get it out of my pocket you spotted Saeed... ran over to him and what a huge mistake it was trying to give you the piece of gum while you were talking to him! I didn't see who you were talking to at first. I think I poked you in the arm like 10 times and then noticed... then slowly walked away *lol*

:laugh: Hey - I was trying to get another free t-shirt! Plus, I had to tell him I was moving to SF, 'cause I know he'll miss me. Turns out he plays at Release all the time! The stalking continues...

Originally posted by malanee

:laugh: Hey - I was trying to get another free t-shirt! Plus, I had to tell him I was moving to SF, 'cause I know he'll miss me. Turns out he plays at Release all the time! The stalking continues...

Saeed & Palash are at Arc this Saturday w/ Bill Patrick & James Zabiela. I think its this week. You should get one more stalking gig in on the east coast before you leave ;)

Sorry about bothering you while you were dj whoring - I hate when that happens ;)

Originally posted by pluryou

I didn't go but all my friends didn't like it. Mainly because one of them got busted and arrested. Oh well, some people deserve it for be to damn cocky. Anyways, thats a personel matter. I heard that 53 people got busted. Is my lovely club coming to an end? :(

Lizard and I saw someone get arrested near the stage in the main room. The undercover cops were pretty slick about it. I don't think anyone but us realized it was happening. They were all over the place though. I think the heat is really on Buzz right now.

We had a great night except for this cracked out guy annoying us for about 20-30 minutes. He was mumbling all kinds of bizarre things and kept grabbing me by the waist if I tried to walk away. I think the most amusing thing he said was, "Are you a part of the movement?" Who knows what that meant????

I finally told him we were leaving for the night and we relocated. We did not want to make him angry because who knows what he was on. I think he was just lonely!

Anyway, I really liked Satoshi, but we too were too beat to make it through the whole set. I think we left around 4:45-5:00. Great to see evryone! Sorry we missed the CP VIP invasion.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

oops my mistake - I thought I saw somewhere this morning that he was going to be a special guest for that night and of course... now I can't find where I read that!

hmm it does say "special guest" i dont know. he was first there andthen he got removed and then he has his own date on the 26th.

Originally posted by vicman

hmm it does say "special guest" i dont know. he was first there andthen he got removed and then he has his own date on the 26th.

On Ezdreamer he is still listed as being at Arc but that is not where I saw it this morning, damn it! I can't find it! But anyway, I was just at the made events website and you can buy your tickets to see PvD at Roxy. $40 (no surprise...) but I got a kick out of this little blurb on the ticket site:

"If you are in the need of a mental and emotional vacation, come see Paul VanDyk and experience trance as it should be."

:laugh: