Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cd with 80 TrACKS?

so this kid popped a cd into his dvd player, it played and played and played, and i realized that the cd was on track 80! i was shocked and amazed.

but when i asked him how he did it he said one of his friends did it for him. (counldnt find the friend)

so i was wondering is this possible? and what software must i have to do this and where can i get it?:tongue:

90% of DVD players Play MP3's

He probably has them in MP3 format. I did the same thing with my whole collection of music. Mine vary from about 60 Tracks to about 158 tracks... It is great when you have company and you are just hangin around and you dont want to always change what is in the player...

Originally posted by xpander

The quality doesn't really matter. Audio CD capacity is measured only by the legth of the data recorded on, not the audio quality.

80 minutes of quality music vs. 80 minutes of crap music...still 80 minutes... :D

5 Minutes of music recorded at a poor quality may take up say 3MB and 5 Minutes at a higher quality may take up 6MB therefore in 80 minutes if the cd holds 700MB you may run out of MB before you run out of time...

Originally posted by elementx

5 Minutes of music recorded at a poor quality may take up say 3MB and 5 Minutes at a higher quality may take up 6MB therefore in 80 minutes if the cd holds 700MB you may run out of MB before you run out of time...

That's only MP3s, the size of which is determined by its bitrate. The audio CDs that you buy are pressed with audio data, which is determined by length rather than audio quality.

Try burning a 76:00 128bit MP3 (CD quality) onto a CD and a 76:00 32bit (poor radio-quality) MP3 onto a cd. Neither will fit.

Originally posted by elementx

The quality doesnt matter when you're recording a music cd.......5 minutes at 96 kb/s is the same as 5 minutes at 192 kb/s....The only time when it matters is when you record a data cd...In that case, the 5 minutes at 192 kb/s will take up more space than that at 96 kb/s......

Originally posted by apotheosis

AUDIO CD Finals:

max # of tracks is 99.

Minimum track length: 4 seconds

Data/Mp3:

max (I believe) 999 files

Dude, see the link I posted, there's 101 tracks on that CD.

Also, on Korn's "Follow the Leader", the first 12 tracks are blank tracks timed at 2 seconds.