Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hooked on club drugs?

tinybutterfli

Have you guys seen commercials for this "special" on VH1? It airs this Friday at 10 pm I believe. I caught part of the commercials and all I saw was (of course) some person being carried out on a stretcher.

I'm interested to see this even though I have a sneaky suspicion of what view it will take.

I've seen two PSAs recently dealing with ecstasy. There's one where this girl is dancing at a "rave" and passes out while people continue to dance around her and then the words "Ecstasy, where's the love?" or something like that flash on the screen.

then the one where a coroner is talking about a girl who has died and then he says "the only drug present in her system was ecstasy"

have you guys seen these? :rolleyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pluryou

I'm just wondering where that one girls water bottle is? She must have one. Did someone smart take it?

:tongue:

Also, there is a thing called 5HTP. Very helpful for replenishing serotonin.

Sorry, water is banned in clubs as drug paraphernalia.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I'd like to see some news channel do a special on the clubbers who go sober - but I guess that doesn't make for good entertainment :rolleyes:

yeah cause in all reality, the ppl who go out more than twice a week for extended periods of time are not doing large quantities of drugs. and it isn't cool to have to constantly defend myself from the assumption that i am always cracked out just because i go to clubs.

Originally posted by crank47

:laugh: :laugh:

reminds me that one of the miami cp'ers promotes a party at hotel on the weekends. on sunday afternoons they used to have pool parties on their rooftop. apparently they stopped having those pool parties because the police raided the place and arrested people because they said that an "illegal rave" was going on......they saw a person with 1 glow sick go in and cited that as proof.

did any of you see that one on HBO where the dad was rolling with his kids? it was ridiculous, the dad was more of a candy raver than the 12 year old. People like that fuck it up for everyone. ANd I dont see how that vh1 thing is going to be anything different from any other club drug specials youve seen recently, dont watch it and give in to lame tv shows. and if you go out, dont set your tivo!

Originally posted by crank47

:laugh:

did anyone ever see the episode of "dawson's creek" where andie went to a rave? so far all of the "news/specials/presentations" i've seen have been about as realistic as andie's little adventure in chemical brother/smart drink land :rolleyes: .

Originally posted by weyes

:laugh:

did anyone ever see the episode of "dawson's creek" where andie went to a rave? so far all of the "news/specials/presentations" i've seen have been about as realistic as andie's little adventure in chemical brother/smart drink land :rolleyes: .

heheh - er.. yeah I saw that episode... *lol* Andie was rushed to the hospital after taking one pill. They did mention that she was also on other medications at the time but they didn't play it up too much.

Is that show still on? I stopped watching it because Dawson is creepy :shake:

Every teen drama always has a "rave" episode. 90210 did one too and so did Saved by the Bell - damn I miss Zack Morris :rolleyes:

last night while i was watching the game i saw an add about a kid who bought a joint and they went through this progression tracing it to a dealer --> smuggler --> cartel --> and then they showed a pic of a family that the cartel killed. i know drugs are BAD :rolleyes: but how does a joint get associated with that kind of violence?

Originally posted by hotcheme

last night while i was watching the game i saw an add about a kid who bought a joint and they went through this progression tracing it to a dealer --> smuggler --> cartel --> and then they showed a pic of a family that the cartel killed. i know drugs are BAD :rolleyes: but how does a joint get associated with that kind of violence?

I remember during the Superbowl they aired an ad saying how buying drugs helped fund terrorists acts. I only saw it once. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

I remember during the Superbowl they aired an ad saying how buying drugs helped fund terrorists acts. I only saw it once. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

OMG - that one really pissed me off! If we want to stop funding terrorists - we should stop buying oil, not drugs dammit!

yeah and the problem is half this country is stupid enough to believe that shit. :mad:

I look at those commercials the other way. I actually agree there is some validity in the statements they make. If you buy pot (not dirt, but the good stuff), or any other drug, then where does it come from? Well, the dealer bought it from his supplier, who bought it from his, and at the top, it's probably some big organized crime ring supplying all the little guys (a cartel, the Sopranos, who knows). But I also am not ignorant and realize that everything from the office furniture movers who use union muscle to get deals to the pack of cigarettes I get from the street vendors could possibly be tied to some sort of organized crime.

Really, it's just information, though. One-sided info, maybe. But info nonetheless. And for kids that make a conscious decision to take drugs, I think info is important. They should know what the potential physical consequences are, as well as where their shit is coming from, and where their money may go. And if they're comfortable with all the info they've gathered, then they can't say later on in life "Well, I didn't know..."

I only get pissed off when people tell lies to support their own agenda. These commercials may be one-sided, but I wouldn't call them complete lies, so I really can't get pissed about them.

Originally posted by hotcheme

yeah and the problem is half this country is stupid enough to believe that shit. :mad:

They found that terrorists funded their bank accounts with money from activities such as smuggling drugs and diamonds. It's not untrue. But Malanee's right. Some oil money, you can bet, goes to the terrorists as well.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I look at those commercials the other way. I actually agree there is some validity in the statements they make. If you buy pot (not dirt, but the good stuff), or any other drug, then where does it come from? Well, the dealer bought it from his supplier, who bought it from his, and at the top, it's probably some big organized crime ring supplying all the little guys (a cartel, the Sopranos, who knows). But I also am not ignorant and realize that everything from the office furniture movers who use union muscle to get deals to the pack of cigarettes I get from the street vendors could possibly be tied to some sort of organized crime.

Really, it's just information, though. One-sided info, maybe. But info nonetheless. And for kids that make a conscious decision to take drugs, I think info is important. They should know what the potential physical consequences are, as well as where their shit is coming from, and where their money may go. And if they're comfortable with all the info they've gathered, then they can't say later on in life "Well, I didn't know..."

I only get pissed off when people tell lies to support their own agenda. These commercials may be one-sided, but I wouldn't call them complete lies, so I really can't get pissed about them.

i totally agree with you Shady my man. i think that someone has to be pretty ignorant to think that drugs come from mom and pop stores around the world. im not saying that everything is bad. just do what you feel comfortable doing. we'll all get by in the end, right?

My main concern with all of this government propaganda against E is that they're not really focusing on the things that are really true. They're definitley inflating the drug to be a lot more harmful than it is. Yes, it is bad for you, but a lot more people have an alergic reaction and die to strawberries than to MDMA. The primary ways to die off E are to not keep yourself hydrated and to mix it with a lot of other drugs, right?

I wish they would educate the public on what the drug really does and then let pepole decide for themselves how much of a threat it is, rather than to have these over-dramatic, ambiguous scare tactic spots.