Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need your help:clubs in rome

hey guys a while ago u talked about good clubs in Rome...I'm from Rome and I'm going back there after living here for one year...

i never really explored the club scene there...

so, as odd as it sounds, does any of u know or remember names and maybe areas of good clubs?

thanx

it's sad to leave ny though

cinetta cwm45.gif

Absolutely!

If you check the boards later on (and your PMs) I can give you some leads with actual addresses. It also depends what kind of music you are into. There is everything from Tech-house to deep house, Trance (though fading in Italy) and Jungle, Garage and two step..

What's your pleasure?

Give me more details and I'll fill you in. The over all area for a great "strip" of clubs is in Testachio. And no matter WHAT kind of music you are into make a point to check out Kentum bar on a Saturday night for great Sushi and cocktails as a pre-curser to your night!

It's like the "Buddah Bar" of Italy and it's owned by the same guy that owns Goa right next door (Not an Catual "Goa" club but a great place for hard Prog House)

But like I said..give me more details about what you are into and I'll try to do my best!

I leave in two days. Pitty we couldn't have hooked up earlier!

Ciao.

M

U

G

Z

------------------

MugZonique.jpg

www.rael.org

Try this club called "Alien" for techno. There's another one you'll probably hear about once you're in Rome, which is like a NYC Spa Club kind of place- only well-dressed and connected people get in.

------------------

"Tragedy absorbs the highest musical ecstasies,

and thus brings music to a state of true perfection"

F. Nietzsche

------------------

G L O W G O A T S!

Well since I still haven't heard from you (but then again I know it's like 8:00 am NY time) I'll do my best on the places I've been to that I enjoyed on this trip;

Check out a place called "Radio Londra" on Thursday nights in Testachio (Via de Monte Testachio). It's a small space but the music is banging inside with a great sound system and deep prog-House that crosses into Trance.

In the same area there are several spots to venture but if you like Breakz and D&B (with a bit of the more underground club head vibe) check out a party called "Bluecheese" on Saturdays at a place called ex bocciodromo. (down the street from Radio Londra)It's an open air dance floor with great viuals in a "centro socially" (yout owned and organized area)

I went last Sat and had a blast!

You can find more out at: www.bluecheese.it

or www.romastyle.net

Also there are other fun joints like:

Kentum bar at via Galvani 24 (testachio)

Where they spin more down tempo world beats on Saturdays (think Thievery corporation meets Talvin Singh with house sprinkled in for good measure)in a beautifully decorated sushi-lounge (complete with huge fish tanks and four rooms to chill in) Alla Budah Bar style.

* Get there early if you want to EAT or get there late after the kitchen closes on Sats(12:00) if you just want to chill and DRINK before hitting the club next door called:

GOA (owned by the same guy) which houses some great techno parties and deep house)

or head on over to the beach of Ostia on a Thursday night for an outdoor beach party called "hot4tanddori" at a place called Open bar- Nuova Pineta (located at:Lungomare Lutazio Catulo, 6B Ostia Lido) Where you will hear great electronica and House under the stars..

hmmm...let's see, there's also a few other spots in Rome and of course Rimini (an entire town dedicated to clubbing, like a small crappy version of Ibiza)but perhaps you can find out all you need to by checking out TIME OUT, Roma (found in any newspaper stand) or by going to:

www.timeout.com

(and selecting the ROMA link)

Good luck and hope you have fun. Italy is great if you know where to go. Divertiti! E buon viago!

M

U

G

Z

------------------

MugZonique.jpg

www.rael.org

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 07-10-2001).]

cwm12.gif

hey thank you so much,

I'm going back for good so if u'll ever come back we can definitely go togehter sometime.

have u heard of a place called mukka pazza?

is it good?

thanks again

Cinetta

that's my picture guys

Goa is the place I had the most fun when I was there, but it's a)selective, go well dressed and with girls if you're a guy and B) I think it might be under renovations right now. The other place I went was so bad I've blocked the name from my memory or I'd warn you..sorry.

------------------

b0107.jpg

In wonder, I wonder "What Happens Next?"- Selma

Archived