Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Telemarketers

pluryou

Today I just got this call from some comapny who was gonna give me a calling card. As they transfered me over to the verification line I hung up. They called back twice. I picked it up and told her I dont have good reception in my office and that I was at work. Now instead of saying goodbye she was like it will only take a minute. So, I hung up again. I'm to nice. I just can't say no to these people. :( I let them talk and talk. What do you do when you get these calls?

Tell them that you are really busy at the moment, but that you are really interested. Ask for their home number and tell them that you'll call them back around dinner time.

Or... you'll always know it's a telemarketing call, because you'll say "Hello" *pause* "Hello!" "Oh hello, I'm blah blah blah" There's always that pause, giving you a chance to hang up before they throw they pitch.

Or you can set up a device to emit a high pitch screech, making the other person's ears bleed.

I immediately say "Not interested, please put me on your do not call list" and hang up.

One time AT&T or someone like that kept calling, even after I asked to be placed on their do not call list. I told the guy that I had made the request and that they kept calling me and that I was going to file a complaint with the FTC and would enjoy spending the money they would have to pay me from the fine. He apologized and I never heard from them again.

Originally posted by velvetgoldmire

Tell them that you are really busy at the moment, but that you are really interested. Ask for their home number and tell them that you'll call them back around dinner time.

Ahh, the "Seinfeld" response. I've tried this one but have never been able to get their home number. :D

I've also just answered no to everything they ask and then say something weird, they get really confused, then you hang up. Is this so and so? No. Are you the head of the household? No. Could I speak to the home owner? No, etc... Then you say something like I'm just visiting from Mars to get some gas for my space ship and then hang up.

Some cell phone company called me one Saturday morning and the guy was like "Ms. Insert My Last Name here, something something something" It was something about cell phones. Anyhow, I said "Um, I WAS SLEEPING! Do you know what time it is?" Of course it was like 11 am or noon but it was the morning after Sasha so I was all jacked. You know, by that time the plur had worn off *lol* I think I almost made the guy cry.

muahahahahaha!