Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Just Got A Baby Rotti!! I Need Puppy Pointers~~

Guest gabo
Originally posted by jimk29

Maybe you should have learned about it before you got the puppy? Just a thought...

I have to agree... a dog isnt something you just buy spur of the moment. they are a lot of work. you have to change your whole schedule because of them. you have to train them, be home to take them out and feed them... etc.

Originally posted by gabo

I have to agree... a dog isnt something you just buy spur of the moment. they are a lot of work. you have to change your whole schedule because of them. you have to train them, be home to take them out and feed them... etc.

exactly, I mean I love my dog to death but it is a pain in the ass at times. You want to go out after work, nope can't have to feed/walk the dog. Lets go away for the weekend, can't no one to watch the dog. A dog is not an impulse purchase.

while i agree a dog isn't an impulse buy... shes probably got a family to help her take care of it... relax... lol...

as for pointers... i never had a dog... but from seeing others, all i can say is make sure you train it well in the beginning... its SO much more of a pain in the ass if you don't...

crobra is like the master of his dog... and his dog is a 150lb akita... so whatever he did, is what you should do... lol... talk to him about it...

Originally posted by joeg

while i agree a dog isn't an impulse buy... shes probably got a family to help her take care of it... relax... lol...

as for pointers... i never had a dog... but from seeing others, all i can say is make sure you train it well in the beginning... its SO much more of a pain in the ass if you don't...

crobra is like the master of his dog... and his dog is a 150lb akita... so whatever he did, is what you should do... lol... talk to him about it...

akita's are tough freakin dog... and a 150lb must have been a hand ful... my Nika is about 65-70 lbs and shes a handful...

as for pointers... if they piss or shit in the house grab them by the back of the neck and smear there face in it... im not kidding the best way to teach them is to show them... if u wanna train a rotty and i think u def should... find a good obedience school they'll break him/her for u... if its a guy prepair to get him neutered unless u wanna wake up with a 6 ft tall horny rotwieler under ur blanket... <shivers>

Originally posted by trancerxn112

akita's are tough freakin dog... and a 150lb must have been a hand ful... my Nika is about 65-70 lbs and shes a handful...

yeah, he doesn't let anyone touch the dog... because if it attacks, it won't be pretty...

whats funny, is he can do anything to the dog, and it won't even bark at him... like it 'knows better'... lol...

Originally posted by magilicuti

she's asks for help and is ridiculed, with cp you never know around here...

i'm sure everyone here is very responsible and never does anything without thinking 10 steps ahead and all that shit:rolleyes:

I know wtf, asks a simple question, and people gotta jump on her shit. Dee, fuck all these people. Show your new pet lots of love and affection and it will love you back. I never had a dog, so I dunno any tips to give, but try some books or online resources.:)

Make sure you go and get the puppy registered with the vet of your choice, and immunized. That's really important.

As for training, you can try an obedience school, or you can do it yourself.

Housebreaking:

Walk him regularly, but if I goes in the house, bring him to the accident spot before you clean it so he can see/smell it and say "bad dog!" forcefully. Then take him outside. When he goes outside, say "good dog!!" and pet him or give him a treat, whatever. The reinforcements will eventually get through.

Other tricks:

Use treats. Teach him to sit by saying sit, then pushing his butt down. Give him a treat. Teach him to come by sitting there then say "come" and reel him in on the leash - give treat. he'll get all that eventually.

Congrats on your new addition. He will certainly provide you with hours of entertainment and love. My apartment is a zoo hence my frequent 'kitty or puppy needs a home' threads. Def get him his shots and deworming meds (find a vet, there are some good ones in the city and some crooked ones too! You'll have to ask around at the dog runs) Rotties are actually pretty tough to train and I would seriously suggest putting him in a training school as soon as he's old enough. My friend had a female and they waited until she was about 10 months old to put her in 'bad girl' school because she wasn't being very good. It worked anyway but they should be younger than that. Good luck and keep us posted! If you're ever in Queens I'd love to see him!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Ma

Other tricks:

Use treats. Teach him to sit by saying sit, then pushing his butt down. Give him a treat. Teach him to come by sitting there then say "come" and reel him in on the leash - give treat. he'll get all that eventually.

....just don't go OVERBOARD on the treats!!!......DO NOT use them to shut him up or as a 'bribe'........my friend had a puppy and whenever her aunt would watch it...she always just gave it a treat to passify him....or if he was bugging her..should would throw a treat and leave the room.....so now...whenever she goes there he follows her and whines and yelps etc.....because he expects treats.....u DO NOT want to live with a puppy like that!

I havent started him on treats yet

Misk ur right I dont want him begging for food or treats all the time. As for his first night at the house, hes doing pretty well. My cat keeps hissing at him but she will soon get used to him. He's passed out on my bed right now, hes so cute he cant even walk straight and hes already following me everywhere. ::sigh:: im falling in love:D