Clubplanet Nightlife Community

thoughts on Harmony Korine

bobross

When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

The only impact Harmony Korine will have will be on the lives of the girls he slipped drugs to, got stoned and raped while they were passed out. An autobiographical scenario he chose to include in his average screenplay ‘Kids.' I’ll fuck your ass Cary Woods.

by Vincent

You could be describing so many people here in NYC. People come here to reinvent themselves and unfortunately they often reinvent themselves as world-class assholes. I've noticed that the rudest people you'll run into here are with very few exceptions tranplants. The real New Yorkers (you know, people who have been here for 5 years or longer, hehehe) are chill as fuck (usually), but the newly arrived thinks being an asshole will make them a "real" New Yorker.

Was that relevant?

Harmony falls into the category of "artist" who has very limited technique or actual talent who gets by on doing the type of shameless shit artists of substance flirt with and abandon by the time they're 12. Still, I'd love to see that movie he was making where he was getting his ass kicked by random people on the street. In general, I just hate cooler-than-thou types. I get this instinctual urge to kick their knee-cap and elbow their noses in.

But it's not entirely Harmony's fault that he's a donkey-fucking moron. Our culture has made it possible for him to become rich so we must take some of the blame for creating this monster by supporting his work. Collectively we created the system in which this asshole thrives... Actually, I don't care about this guy one way or the other. This is the most I'll ever say about him. :)

Originally posted by os9

Still, I'd love to see that movie he was making where he was getting his ass kicked by random people on the street.

LoL, thats gotta be good... i think i heard him mention that in an interview once.

but, i dont really dislike harmony Korine. the last post was written by vincent, who apparently hates him. I liked 'Kids'..... though i wouldnt say so much about his other movies