Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Madden Busted

zaguero

Shoe Designer Steve Madden Begins Prison Term

Fri Sep 20,11:34 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shoe designer Steven Madden has started serving his 41-month prison term, according to his attorney.

Madden, who pleaded guilty in May 2001 to conspiracy to commit money laundering and securities fraud, surrendered at the federal prison camp at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida on Wednesday, attorney Joel Winograd said.

"He's doing just fine," said Winograd. "He just wants to get this chapter behind him and become a useful citizen again."

Madden, founder of trendy shoe retailer Steven Madden Ltd., was originally scheduled to begin serving his sentence in August, but the beginning of the term was delayed.

Winograd said he expects Madden to serve about a year and a half, after consideration for good behavior and participation in an alcohol rehabilitation program

Originally posted by vicman

i got a pair and theyre comfy...then again i dont wear womens shoes, so i wouldnt know about them

idk - all the shoes i ever got from steve madden either had wooden soles or fell apart the second time i wore them.

i started wearing sketchers and they feel like i am walking on clouds.

Originally posted by hotcheme

idk - all the shoes i ever got from steve madden either had wooden soles or fell apart the second time i wore them.

i started wearing sketchers and they feel like i am walking on clouds.

i've been meaning to get me a pair of sketchers for everyday use but i have totally forgotten.

i guess steve madden shoes are different for gals and guys

Originally posted by vicman

i've been meaning to get me a pair of sketchers for everyday use but i have totally forgotten.

i guess steve madden shoes are different for gals and guys

Yeah, Steve Madden pretty much makes only the athletic/casual style shoe for guys and makes all kinds of different shoes for women. The guy's shoes are very comfy. Some of the women's shoes look like torture devices.

I just bought two pairs of Sketchers for clubbing wear a few weeks back. You can get decent styles at DSW or at an outlet for $30-$40. They look money and require no break-in and I prefer them over any non-athletic shoe for dancing.