Clubplanet Nightlife Community

show us your shoes!!!!!!

The Miss America Parade in Atlantic City was fabulous!!!!

51 beautiful women, several thousand barely-talented high school students, some businesses and civic organizations made the promenade down the Atlantic City boardwalk tonight. Amongst Mohegan Sun floats and the Willamstown Band and Drill Team representatives from 51 parts of the country raised their legs to shouts of "Show Us Your Shoes!!!!!"

Miss Florida sported orange heels with sequined oranges atop, and Miss Arizona had a player piano on her piggies. Some of them had really great footwear, ones you'd actually wear, like Miss Alaska's beaded moccasin boots, and others, like Miss Indiana had a trellis-like contraption, looking more like a cast than a shoe.

I was told that the "Show Us Your Shoes!!!" tradition started somehow due to the gay fans on New York Ave. having a great affinity for the shoes the women wore. I also heard that it replaced "Show us Your Tits" after some guys got arrested for harassment. I don't know how it came to be. so if anyone can clarify that, please do, but the request is now a major part of the parade.

I would have to say that Most Beautiful that I saw, from about 25 ft away (yeah, its a REAL BIG boardwalk LOL), would have to be Miss Alaska, Miss Hawaii, and Miss DC. They really all are pretty, well, there was this one whose smile was...unnatural...but I digress... If I were to pick just from the parade, DC or Hawaii would have it.

All in all, it was a great time.

SHOW US YOUR SHOES!!!!

Originally posted by wannabeclubchk

The Miss America Parade in Atlantic City was fabulous!!!!

51 beautiful women, several thousand barely-talented high school students, some businesses and civic organizations made the promenade down the Atlantic City boardwalk tonight. Amongst Mohegan Sun floats and the Willamstown Band and Drill Team representatives from 51 parts of the country raised their legs to shouts of "Show Us Your Shoes!!!!!"

Miss Florida sported orange heels with sequined oranges atop, and Miss Arizona had a player piano on her piggies. Some of them had really great footwear, ones you'd actually wear, like Miss Alaska's beaded moccasin boots, and others, like Miss Indiana had a trellis-like contraption, looking more like a cast than a shoe.

I was told that the "Show Us Your Shoes!!!" tradition started somehow due to the gay fans on New York Ave. having a great affinity for the shoes the women wore. I also heard that it replaced "Show us Your Tits" after some guys got arrested for harassment. I don't know how it came to be. so if anyone can clarify that, please do, but the request is now a major part of the parade.

I would have to say that Most Beautiful that I saw, from about 25 ft away (yeah, its a REAL BIG boardwalk LOL), would have to be Miss Alaska, Miss Hawaii, and Miss DC. They really all are pretty, well, there was this one whose smile was...unnatural...but I digress... If I were to pick just from the parade, DC or Hawaii would have it.

All in all, it was a great time.

SHOW US YOUR SHOES!!!!

U HOMO