Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NY's top radio show!

sloppy

I hope everybody out there knows about 89.1 FM NYU's radio station friday night show The Friday Night express. Ive been listening to it for about 7 years and it is bar none the best. DJ extradonare Ron Anthony regularly has the areas top DJ's and he himself blazes the hottest tunes in the city often weeks before anybody out there in clubland does.Keep it real, keep it underground, I've never listened to KTU and hate seeing it water down dance the way 97 watered down house. I see all these posts with "old school legend". If you want it to stay good, keep it underground. DONT BE WHACK!

the deep house/techno show is on friday nights 10:30 PM to 1AM (I used to run a 90 min tape from 11:30 -1) Monday nights at the same time is "the candy store" a house show which actually got me listening to the station back in 95 or so but while it used to be my fav, i'm unsure of the state of good old fashioned house these days. tuesday is kind of a mix of all sorts of dance music but honestly i havent listened in a while so i dont really know about tuesday definatively. theres a rap show and something else the other two nights during the week, all at the same time slot. all are definately worth checking out. 89.1 FM (hopefully back on the web soon at www.fridayniteexpress.com) PEACE