Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Friday

whadupg

Ok so there I am at 11:45 standing in the longest line of my life - and this is just the line for the guestlists. I waited 15 min and the line had barely moved so we bounced :( I'm just not a very patient person I guess. Ended up going to a party in Brighton that was pretty cool, but I'm still sad...... so tell me - what did I miss????

Originally posted by whadupg

Ok so there I am at 11:45 standing in the longest line of my life - and this is just the line for the guestlists. I waited 15 min and the line had barely moved so we bounced :( I'm just not a very patient person I guess. Ended up going to a party in Brighton that was pretty cool, but I'm still sad...... so tell me - what did I miss????

you missed me

:(

Originally posted by kaydup

Yeah you missed me too. However, I did have a TeamJ5 sighting. But when I went down there, he dissapeared.

That line was mad long, glad I didn't wait in it. And everyone in Avalon was a glowstick champ on friday, damn kmx.

I'm coming alot earlier this week - I can't handle standing in lines. Too bad I missed the glowsticks though :rolleyes:

Ok so does anyone know wtf was up with every major street in Boston being shut down yesterday! It took me at least a half hour to get out of the city. :mad:

Yeah you missed me too. However, I did have a TeamJ5 sighting. But when I went down there, he dissapeared.

That line was mad long, glad I didn't wait in it. And everyone in Avalon was a glowstick champ on friday, damn kmx.

it was really great to meet you friday, drew. thanks for having us up in the booth. i've seen better nights there of course, but i still had a BLAST.

whatupg - they're right, you really didn't miss anything, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to say the same about this coming friday! :)

It was really great to meet you friday, drew.

thanks for having us up in the booth. I've seen better nights there of course, but i still had a BLAST.

wahtupg - they're right, you really didn't miss anything, but i'm not so sure I'll be able to say the same about this coming Friday! :)

stay away from me you stalker :mad:

Originally posted by whadupg

I didn't have any time to post here at work yesterday, so I'm gonna post on this now.

g-funk, we got there at about the same time you did, but only waited in line for like 5 minutes or so. Here's the key: get on the Axis guestlist and go in through there. Once inside, if you want to go to Avalon, just cut right over.... keep it quiet though, it's Avalon's 2nd best kept secret. ;)

So anyway, the night was fun, but nothing uber-super-blow you away impressive (like this Friday will be). Got there at 11:30 - 11:45ish to see that the Axis guest list line actually had a line to it. It was kind of disconcerting because there usually isn't a line there at all, plus it was being treated like you'd expect a line at Avalon to be treated, but with less order. Having a girl to help get you in right away was very helpful (thanks Keri :))

Anyway, we were in and listening to the very start of Seb's set. I went to Avalon to hear 3 DJs: Felix, Junior and Ali. I ended up hearing Sneak, AVH and Seb... I got the shaft on that one. Seb's set started good... the first three songs were really banging, which was cool... but you had to realize right off the bat: where was he going to go from there? Welllll, he didn't really go anywhere, and the night was kind of flat for me in Axis. Still not bad, just not great or anything. The end of the night kind of picked up, but kind of exposed Seb's cheesey side. We got into the booth (thanks d:Rew), which was fun... but just in time for him to bang out his little ending montage. Love Story: predictable as hell, Free Love: Song of the night (which sorry to say, isn't saying too much... it's kind of getting old to me), and finally, Star69: What the hell was he thinking? I thought that song died out a year and a half ago.... guess I was off.

Anyway, still had a blast. Ventured over to Avalon a couple of times... predictably packed w/some uninspired music. (Sneak & AVH). Oh well, who cares, we got fucking Howells this week!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh, and one thing: KMX has to go. BAD.

(Can anyone tell me why I just wrote a review of Friday? I never do that on here...)

i cant believe i just read all that :(

what i just learned about nyis4meatheads....he is a fairweather fan, not showing up for ali's set, but just seb's set. he's a dj whore fiddling his way into the booth. and i can kick his ass when he is in the dj booth and i am on the dance floor.

Hey, I just wanted to say that i finally hooked on with a group and landed a promoting gig at avalon, for the fist 2 weeks of it it has gone pretty well, good turn out, and i have met some pretty chill people. (along with alot of big headed pricks, but we wont talk about that). I would love to meet up with some of you guys this friday, danny is gunna rip the place up for sure. well, thats about it...take it easy.

sean

Originally posted by teamj5

what i just learned about nyis4meatheads....he is a fairweather fan, not showing up for ali's set, but just seb's set. he's a dj whore fiddling his way into the booth. and i can kick his ass when he is in the dj booth and i am on the dance floor.

Awww leave him alone:laugh:

He does have a point on the KMX though

Originally posted by teamj5

Not like I planned on being late and missing Ali's set :rolleyes:

I'm a d:Rew whore, not a DJ whore... wait, I'm actually neither.

I'll kick your ass from the DJ booth if I have to.