Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how bout d'em GATORS!

nycchic24

Originally posted by jaquan

chic24, you somewhat follow the recruiting during the season and offseason?

Stoops did a hell of job at OU, yet his offense after Heupel has not been impressive. Unless something happens before Oct 12th, I dont see them winning against Texas.

yeah somewhat.. i keep an eye on stuff.. ;)

Stoops is a defensive genius, just as Spurrier is an offenseive genius. they complimented each other very well at UF. Spurrier let stoops have free reign over the defense (mainly cuz he has nothing to say... lol ) also why the first move as head coach of the Skins was hire to hire Marvin Lewis (one of the best D coaches in the nfl) and pay him $$$.

Texas should be interesting game.. always is. just the history and rivalry itself. I have to say that over the past couple years the BIg 12 in general has stepped it up. (i still despise Nebraska) Mack brown is another example of a fine recruitng coach. (look at UNC before and now texas).

but anyways.. you know the saying... "offense wins games, DEFENSE wins championships " :shades:

Originally posted by brickhouse

Hell, even I'm rooting for the Gators for now.....

....so that when FSU whoops their asses they get more points in the BCS strength of schedule standings :D

:blown::laugh:

i cant even tell you how much i hate FSU! they can rot in hell

Originally posted by dnice35

FSU has had a better program than UF the past few decades, I can see why you would hate them.

you dont know what a rivalry is until you go down south..

uf v fsu

uf v uga

fsu v UM

alabama v auburn

texas v OU . etc

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nycchic24

you dont know what a rivalry is until you go down south..

uf v fsu

uf v uga

fsu v UM

alabama v auburn

texas v OU . etc

:rolleyes:

I live in Miami, trust me I know about rivalries......

you also forgot to mention

Norte Dame-Miami

Originally posted by dnice35

I live in Miami, trust me I know about rivalries......

you also forgot to mention

Norte Dame-Miami

my b... i went to UF..

when i talk about football up here (liek they do down there) ppl thinki am crazed

lol .. the "borough" threw me off. i thought you were a yankee

Originally posted by nycchic24

my b... i went to UF..

when i talk about football up here (liek they do down there) ppl thinki am crazed

lol .. the "borough" threw me off. i thought you were a yankee

lol........ honest mistake. The only thing I hate about UF is that they can never win the "BIG" games.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

It'll be interesting to see if this turns into another Notre Dame saga

i dotn think so. Notre dame is a legacy ...Holtz didnt make Notre Dame.. and davie just happened to be the wrong choice

While UF was good before, it was Spurrier who brought UF to the "next level" The coach made the program!

if you mean a big program with a "overhishead" coach, maybe.. but i dotn think you can compare the two schools/ programs.

its hard to talk about UF right now. my season is practically over :cry:

The Florida season is kinda over. Only saving grace of the season is beating Georgia and Florida State. Are they still in the hunt for the SEC east title?

DJS, what do you mean by the Notre Dame saga?

i think so. cuz ole miss is sec west.

and i think he was referring to holtz then Davie.. but the program was in declinve before HOltz bolted. UF was still a top program when spurrier left

I thought ND was on a decline due to the administration making the admissions tougher due to Holtz's success, kind of a way to keep the football program in place. When the admissions got tougher, top recruits who wanted to to go ND but couldnt get in went elsewhere and thus the decline began.

BTW, isnt it too early for recruiting? i mean, october only started.

The Gators are finished....

Hope Ron Zook does some heavy-duty recruiting...

And it looks like Grossman should come back for another year..... he didn't score any brownie points for the NFL with that performance over the weekend:blown:

GO NOTRE DAME! Besides MIAMI, I gotta cheer for the Irish:D

Its nice to see Willinghams team do so well...

GO CANES:eek:

Lola:tongue:

I thought ND was on a decline due to the administration making the admissions tougher due to Holtz's success, kind of a way to keep the football program in place. When the admissions got tougher, top recruits who wanted to to go ND but couldnt get in went elsewhere and thus the decline began.

BTW, isnt it too early for recruiting? i mean, october only started.

well, imo i think that was just an excuse by Holtz... bc look at what Willingham had done with standford and now look at the irisih now?! (5-0?!)

plus.. Davie pulled in some of the best recruiting classes and couldnt do SHEEEAT with them. *shrugs* go figure

but i say bring on recruting season, bc it looks like UF is out of theh hunt.... :rolleyes:

and yeah Grossman is getting killed out there. his line was depleted by graduation and his boys aren't blockin for him. (plus the fact that his mentor left) :(

Belle, did you go or see the game? Was it again the lack of running game or did Ole Miss play great D? I know Grossman had the 4 INTs, 1 which was the game winner.

Re: UF recruiting, they need to find a stud RB first and some how get the running game to be important part of the offense. During Spurriers years it seemed no existent in games, esp sometimes in big ones.

The fact that you 2 ladies follow recruitin is a shock; i figured many dont, esp female fans.

all I can say is that I'm very dissapointed about how my gators played against Ole Miss this Sat... it was an absolute embarrassment. WTF was up with Grossman?? Well, I hafta give Ole Miss credit for their D, it was pretty good, while the gators O and D wer both weak. I miss Spurrier :(

Belle, did you go or see the game? Was it again the lack of running game or did Ole Miss play great D? I know Grossman had the 4 INTs, 1 which was the game winner.

Re: UF recruiting, they need to find a stud RB first and some how get the running game to be important part of the offense. During Spurriers years it seemed no existent in games, esp sometimes in big ones.

The fact that you 2 ladies follow recruitin is a shock; i figured many dont, esp female fans.

idk about the entire game, cause for the first in a while, i turned it OFF :( but i know that OLEMiss was playing good D and we were letting them run all over us, and grossman could not hit a target to save his life on several of those passes, so it was just a bad combo for the parts i saw :(

as for recruiting we need to win some token games before anyone will even THINK about putting it on the line to join us :(