Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
sassa

Sick Bitch

Recommended Posts

Videotaped Mom Surrenders to Police

Sat Sep 21, 6:06 PM ET

By TOM COYNE, Associated Press Writer

MISHAWAKA, Ind. (AP) - A mother turned herself in to police Saturday to face a child battery charge after a nationally televised videotape depicted her shaking, slapping and punching her 4-year-old daughter in a store parking lot.

Madelyne Gorman Toogood, 26, and her lawyer met police at an undisclosed location eight days after the attack and arrived at the police station late Saturday afternoon, Lt. Jeff Giannuzzi said. The daughter arrived with the same group of vehicles, but it was not known who she was riding with; her custody status was unclear.

An arrest warrant issued Friday charged Toogood with battery to a child, which carries a maximum penalty of three years in prison. Earlier a judge set her bond at $5,000, although prosecutors had requested a $50,000 bond because of her transient history, Prosecutor Christopher Toth said.

Police had been searching for Toogood and her daughter since the Sept. 13 incident, caught on video by a surveillance camera outside a Kohl's department store in northern Indiana.

Authorities said the mother had left the store angry because she was refused a cash refund for goods. The woman is then seen putting her daughter in the back seat of a sport utility vehicle, then pummeling, slapping and shaking her for nearly a half-minute.

Toogood's attorney, Houston lawyer Steven Rosen, said Friday that his client regrets the incident.

"It was a bad choice, and it was captured on Candid Camera," Rosen said Friday. "She's very remorseful. She regrets it."

Authorities feared the girl, Martha Toogood, might have been seriously injured. Rosen said Toogood's family members and friends told him the child was fine and had been examined by a doctor. He said the girl was with her mother Friday night, along with her two sons, ages 5 and 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a parent, they viseo was disturbing. There is no punishment suitable for her actions. Many of times I have been to the breaking point with my son and have never once raised my hand at him. There simply is no excuse for beating on your kids like that. God only knows how many times that kid was hit like that. I'm just thankful that the camera caught her in the act and probably prevented any further torture that child had to endure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you people are crazy. from what i saw it was nothing more than open handed spanking, then again it was a weird angle cuz she was in the car. if it was just an open handed spanking than i have to say that she really shouldnt be prosecuted. one of the reasons why there are so many disrespectful people and people who dont obey the law is because they grow up without any discipline. the whole "time out" thing is a bit of a joke. kids today call their parents by their first names, curse at them, ive even seed kids hit their parents. ive hit other peoples kids but only if they were waaaaaay out of line with me and needed to be taught a lesson. i dont think this lady should go to jail, at most counseling on how to parent. my question is, was it just spanking or did she really fuck up the kid? no bruises were found and it looked like a spanking, what did you guys see in the tape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by t0nythelover

you people are crazy. from what i saw it was nothing more than open handed spanking, then again it was a weird angle cuz she was in the car. if it was just an open handed spanking than i have to say that she really shouldnt be prosecuted. one of the reasons why there are so many disrespectful people and people who dont obey the law is because they grow up without any discipline. the whole "time out" thing is a bit of a joke. kids today call their parents by their first names, curse at them, ive even seed kids hit their parents. ive hit other peoples kids but only if they were waaaaaay out of line with me and needed to be taught a lesson. i dont think this lady should go to jail, at most counseling on how to parent. my question is, was it just spanking or did she really fuck up the kid? no bruises were found and it looked like a spanking, what did you guys see in the tape?

That was way more than spanking. She fucking chocked her kid, she threw her to the floor of the car. There are other ways to discipline your kids besides hitting them. My son is a typical 4 year old. When bed time or bath time rolls around he throws a fit. He wants a toy and we don't buy it for him he throws a fit. And trust there have been times when I have wanted to just crack him upside the head, but he is 4 and I am 28 it's not really a fair playing field there. By hitting a kid you are aren't discouraging him from doing it again. And that line about kids being fuck ups today because Time outs don't work is bullshit. Those kids are fuck up because their parents don't take the time to teach them. I have friends who let their daughter do what ever she wants. I hate to say it but their kid is a fucking brat. They pawn her off with the grandparents all the time. She is already a disciplinary problem at school and she is 4. That is why kids are became problematic not because of methods of punishment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by t0nythelover

you people are crazy. from what i saw it was nothing more than open handed spanking, then again it was a weird angle cuz she was in the car. if it was just an open handed spanking than i have to say that she really shouldnt be prosecuted. one of the reasons why there are so many disrespectful people and people who dont obey the law is because they grow up without any discipline. the whole "time out" thing is a bit of a joke. kids today call their parents by their first names, curse at them, ive even seed kids hit their parents. ive hit other peoples kids but only if they were waaaaaay out of line with me and needed to be taught a lesson. i dont think this lady should go to jail, at most counseling on how to parent. my question is, was it just spanking or did she really fuck up the kid? no bruises were found and it looked like a spanking, what did you guys see in the tape?

Well you should see it again, b/c to me it looked pretty bad. Out of nowhere she just threw her kid a beating. She started slapping her and shaking her.

And then shes on tv crying about how sorry she is. Yea I'm sure she was upset-b/c she got caught.

I could never raise my hands to a little kid like that. No matter what they did. I have to disagree w/ ppl when they say u should spank your kid. What good is that doing? It is only going to make your child resent you more and more.

But i agree w/ u that kids are diffrent these days. THe world is a different place from the time even i grew up. and im only 23. I was a difficult child, and i know i put my parents through ALOT. But they would never hit me. Although they did yell alot....

I dont go around hitting my friends b/c i had a bad day. Or b/c they do things i dont like. And to do it to a defenseless child is worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video says alot, If you spank your kid once. that would be acceptable, but you dont go off on them like if they were punching bags. I get stressed out and I dont go around beating my nephews. there is defently other ways of handling the situation. On the video the poor kid doesnt seem like shes doing anything to deserve that beating. furthermore the mother looked around to see if anyone was watching. that itselfs shows malice and that she knew she was doing something wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by t0nythelover

you people are crazy. from what i saw it was nothing more than open handed spanking, then again it was a weird angle cuz she was in the car. if it was just an open handed spanking than i have to say that she really shouldnt be prosecuted. one of the reasons why there are so many disrespectful people and people who dont obey the law is because they grow up without any discipline. the whole "time out" thing is a bit of a joke. kids today call their parents by their first names, curse at them, ive even seed kids hit their parents. ive hit other peoples kids but only if they were waaaaaay out of line with me and needed to be taught a lesson. i dont think this lady should go to jail, at most counseling on how to parent. my question is, was it just spanking or did she really fuck up the kid? no bruises were found and it looked like a spanking, what did you guys see in the tape?

tonythelover.....

Just when I think that the depth of our stupidy can't get any lower...you once again show their is no bottom to how far you can really sink....

No matter what the topic is- you continually display utter stupidity, and zero grasp on reality....

You really are a dickhead........I would love to "open hand spank" your fucking imbecile ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tonythelover.....

Just when I think that the depth of our stupidy can't get any lower...you once again show their is no bottom to how far you can really sink....

No matter what the topic is- you continually display utter stupidity, and zero grasp on reality....

You really are a dickhead........I would love to "open hand spank" your fucking imbecile ass

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my mistake, just read a nytimes article and it says she pulled her hair and shit, i didnt see that on the tape, thats not cool. all i said was that it didnt seem that bad from the tape. i have a younger brother and i tutored young children for about 3 years at the local ymha, some of those kids really do need to get hit.

i dont think "spanking" or using physical hitting is abuse as long as its not overly zealous. i think a smack hard enough to make a kid cry is enough, but maybe im old fashioned. and i have not seen one time when time out works, never.

igloo, ive had enough of your personal attacks on me. i live on 72nd street and first ave. your more than welcome to try to open hand smack me or whatever whenever you like. in fact i encourage you to come down and try to threaten me. you keep jocking my post and bitching at me, whats ur problem? if you have something to say say it face to face. otherwise if you keep fucking with me ill report your ass.

as to the whole discipline issue, id just like to know if im the only one who sees some sort of correlation, not neccessarily directly, but a correlation nonetheless between the lack of discipline and good family values and the rise of "bad" behavior, or rather should i say, the fall of society. the people of today are more unruly disrespectful and ignorant than ever before. this bothers me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

igloo, ive had enough of your personal attacks on me. i live on 72nd street and first ave. your more than welcome to try to open hand smack me or whatever whenever you like. in fact i encourage you to come down and try to threaten me. you keep jocking my post and bitching at me, whats ur problem? if you have something to say say it face to face. otherwise if you keep fucking with me ill report your ass.

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by t0nythelover

my mistake, just read a nytimes article and it says she pulled her hair and shit, i didnt see that on the tape, thats not cool. all i said was that it didnt seem that bad from the tape. i have a younger brother and i tutored young children for about 3 years at the local ymha, some of those kids really do need to get hit.

i dont think "spanking" or using physical hitting is abuse as long as its not overly zealous. i think a smack hard enough to make a kid cry is enough, but maybe im old fashioned. and i have not seen one time when time out works, never.

igloo, ive had enough of your personal attacks on me. i live on 72nd street and first ave. your more than welcome to try to open hand smack me or whatever whenever you like. in fact i encourage you to come down and try to threaten me. you keep jocking my post and bitching at me, whats ur problem? if you have something to say say it face to face. otherwise if you keep fucking with me ill report your ass.

as to the whole discipline issue, id just like to know if im the only one who sees some sort of correlation, not neccessarily directly, but a correlation nonetheless between the lack of discipline and good family values and the rise of "bad" behavior, or rather should i say, the fall of society. the people of today are more unruly disrespectful and ignorant than ever before. this bothers me.

Tony disrespectful or troublesome children are not the product of a lack spanking kids. One has not effect on the other. It's the parents, plain and simple.

Like i stated above about my friends kid. They come home from work and plant themselves in front of the Tv and spend absolutely ZERO time with their kid. On the weekends samething. My wife and I will invite them to come with us and our son to the park or museum and they say no. They either go to the mall or sit at home watching tv. When night time rolls around it's off to Grandma's house so they can go out. Now my wife and I do that once in awhile so we can have a night alone, but every fucking weekend. That is the reason why kids are fucked up. parents do not pay attention to them. They don't teach them how to act and guide them down the right path. I'm not saying that parents who spank their kids are bad parents, but that has no greater effect of a child's socialogical development than other forms of discipline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nabuc1

Tony disrespectful or troublesome children are not the product of a lack spanking kids. One has not effect on the other. It's the parents, plain and simple.

Like i stated above about my friends kid. They come home from work and plant themselves in front of the Tv and spend absolutely ZERO time with their kid. On the weekends samething. My wife and I will invite them to come with us and our son to the park or museum and they say no. They either go to the mall or sit at home watching tv. When night time rolls around it's off to Grandma's house so they can go out. Now my wife and I do that once in awhile so we can have a night alone, but every fucking weekend. That is the reason why kids are fucked up. parents do not pay attention to them. They don't teach them how to act and guide them down the right path. I'm not saying that parents who spank their kids are bad parents, but that has no greater effect of a child's socialogical development than other forms of discipline.

i do think that most parents use tv as a babysitter, that sucks. well maybe i shouldnt have said "spanking", rather i think lack of discipline is what makes kids bad(whatever discipline means to you), and yes that directly leads to lack of parenting. keep being a father, thats a great thing. i wish my father was around when i was younger...but thats another story.

i love the he-man sig, classic. i dunno if you remember, but i had this battle damage heman where his chest plate flipped over and had a dent or slash on it. i loved that toy...ah memories.

btw-jerry springer and i both attended the same high school- GO FOREST HILLS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nabuc1

I remember the battle damage he-man. i loved that cartoon and those toys. Man At Arms was the shit and I think I had my first crush on teala.

hehe, i met dolph lundren at a heman show at radio city when i was like 5 and i was scared of him and started crying haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×