Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nick Warren @ Icon Review

jasonmarc

Although Orlando clubs cannot even hold a light next to Miami clubs, Warren at Icon was truly a breath of fresh air. The night started off well with me and my party arriving around 11:00 ish. (you know how Orlando has last call, so i had to get there early and get my drink on promptly). After a few rum and cokes I was ready to go. Chilling downstairs I noticed the mains start to get louder and people started to flock to the floor. Warren jumped on with a couple of real mellowed out progessive breaks tracks and then jumped into a darker set. The night progessed as I tossed down more and more drinks only to notice i left my fucking ATM card in the car in order to discipline myself into not spending any money (son of a bitch). Around 12 or so I start to bump into familiar faces. Dave, Im really sorry about the chunky chick, I had no fucking clue as to what was happening, I hope noone saw me kiss her. Damn Im regreting it! As for track listing, I couldnt get close enough to the booth to ask. I would have had to rummage through the mob of DJ Jocks hanging in the area. I didnt know off hand any of the records he was spinning but I know the set was sweet! I did manage to notice one trainwreck, but the mix regained concisousness and the night went on. I vacated icon around 2:30 trying to beat out the 3am traffic (the hell with this city) but was denied in the garage with the mother of all traffic jams. Sitting there in my car sobering up quickly I made a few phone calls to see where an after party was. Luckily, a couple of friends that came out to Icon for 5 minutes and left were having good old fashion college party by UCF. Overall, Warrens set was good, could of been better. There was a good vibe throughout the air and Icon was wall to wall (all 25' of it) dancing. 1-10 I give it an 8.

Hey Dave? Did you get the free passes to Creamer and Stephane K? If so, guess what we're doing October 19th. :bounce::biggrin: :biggrin:

Free passes? hook it up bro! How did I miss that one. Will have to decide between them and Tiesto, or Talla.... but we'll see might have to start moving some of my equipment home that weekend. Anyway Icon was full to the brim, I never even attempted to hit the dancefloor since you had to make like a human pinball to get though it. In my opinion Warren's set was pretty good, but nothing like I had been expecting. Either way guess it was a long time coming since he failed to show up for me twice this year.(@ Bed during WMC and last month at Icon) As far as track listings, the only one I can truly remeber at this point was a remix of "It's a fine Day" ya know Miss Jane and all. And at the end there was what seemed like an intentional train wreck to end the night.... it was just so obvious that it had to be done just to make noise. I just think there are better ways to end a set.

And Jason, Fat chicks are o.k. to hang out in the clubs with, just as long as you don't wake up next to them.

Yeah, on the way out there was this chick giving comps to people who asked...And i totally forgot Warren dropped "It's a fine day" I questioned it when it hit, asking myself why is he playing this? But the rest of Icon seemed to enjoy it.. And as far as that trainwreck goes, pretty much after that hit, I was out of it. I can't wait for Burridge to come...on the 26th. Eventhough, Icon will do no justice, it should be a good night. Call me up. Later!