Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Evolution of CP

marcid21

Originally posted by ReginaP

That's why it's good to separate friendships from "clubplanet" and from "the scene"...that way if one or both of them go, the friendship still remains. And that's more important than a msg board or the scene or the music...the people that you meet that outlast all those things.

i think you've hit the nail on the head, but to offer the flipside point-of-view: i think a lot of what marci's talking about in starting this thread is actually caused by a heavy reliance on friends in "the scene" that aren't Actually friends -- friends hang out every now and then in, oh say, their living rooms just watchin' movies or whatever else... walks in the park, window shopping in soho, record shopping in the east village, dining out that isn't immediately followed by heavy drinking in some dank bar, followed by heavy clubbing in some dank club...

i've said my piece.

i've already whined too much that none of us seem to hang out together nearly enough.

Originally posted by thehacker

i think you've hit the nail on the head, but to offer the flipside point-of-view: i think a lot of what marci's talking about in starting this thread is actually caused by a heavy reliance on friends in "the scene" that aren't Actually friends -- friends hang out every now and then in, oh say, their living rooms just watchin' movies or whatever else... walks in the park, window shopping in soho, record shopping in the east village, dining out that isn't immediately followed by heavy drinking in some dank bar, followed by heavy clubbing in some dank club...

I understand what you're saying...and I'm not naieve in thinking that all *friendships* formed were meant to be everlasting bonds...What I'm saying is, even the weakest of bonds have been tainted by so many petty issues. Didn't we all find this common ground in the first place, due to mutual interests? It seems as though the smallest of issues have gotten in the way of many of us going out and having a good time.