Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
heatherlynn

When Do You Stop Trying To Be Friends....

I HAVE THIS X BOYFRIEND, I'VE TRIED TO REMAIN FRIENDS WITH. EVEN THOUGH I'VE MOVED ON WITH SOMEONE ELSE. ANYWAY, I WORRY ABOUT HIS WELL BEING BECAUSE WE WERE TOGETHER FOR 4 YEARS.AND HE HAS A DRUG PROBLEM, NOW. WHICH MAKES IT HARDER. I HATE TO SEE HIM LIKE THIS BUT, HE KEEPS DOING IT. HE CALLS ME ALL THE TIME. 20 TO 30 CALLS A DAY.I TRIED BEING HIS FRIEND BUT, HE'S NOT HELPING HIMSELF SO DO I KEEP STRUGGLING TO BE HIS FRIEND? OR JUST LET IT GO?:(:confused: :confused:

hmmm.... thats a really tough one... only you really know him and the extend of his drug problem and stuf...

what i will say... is it'll most likely be easier for everyone if he gets help or stops his drug abuse...

try solving that problem first... and it might make it a lot easier to solve the other problem...

(btw... try not to type in all caps... its hard to read...) :)

his drug problem is off the chain.and i've tried to talk to his family and they don't do anything. he'll call me when he's getting high, i'll call his family but he feeds them some bs story and they don't want to deal with it. out of sight out of mind!!! he's to the point where he's always lying... it's so stressing. :confused:

Originally posted by heatherlynn

his drug problem is off the chain.and i've tried to talk to his family and they don't do anything. he'll call me when he's getting high, i'll call his family but he feeds them some bs story and they don't want to deal with it. out of sight out of mind!!! he's to the point where he's always lying... it's so stressing. :confused:

maybe you need to do an intervention or something.... but it depends on what kind of person he is... sometimes the person will feel ganged up on or something, and will close themself off... so that may not work at all...

maybe you can sit down with him and get him to agree to get help... if he calls you that much, he must still think a lot of you, and respect your opinion...

good luck with whatever you decide to do... its definately not an easy situation...

I pretty much agree with what joeg is saying here. The guy needs help.

If you're willing to go out of your way and help him find the right place, that would be real kool. Tell him that he has an addiction, and that it's ruining your friendship if he doesn't get help. I know it's not easy, but he put himself in a corner.

Once again, i don't know how close or important your friendship with him is, but depending on that, be wise and careful. When drugs become that much of someone's life, it will haze anything.

we're extremely close. that's the problem. i started finding myself answering the phone everytime he called. my current boyfriend and the x, totally want to kill each other. there's no knid of sympathy from my current boyfriend.... he says to "dead" it. in the past when i had called his family to help, my x managed to bs his way out of any trouble..... then, he'll shut the world off. he'll go get high and turn everyone out, start lying. this is the reason why we split!! i even moved out of state because the drugs were making him desperate.... i still ove him, that's the hard part. he still asks me to come home. he wants to party on the weekends and be a "whenever it's conveinent for him" type of boyfrined. he starting to justify with me, why he gets high????:confused:

Originally posted by heatherlynn

I HAVE THIS X BOYFRIEND, I'VE TRIED TO REMAIN FRIENDS WITH. EVEN THOUGH I'VE MOVED ON WITH SOMEONE ELSE. ANYWAY, I WORRY ABOUT HIS WELL BEING BECAUSE WE WERE TOGETHER FOR 4 YEARS.AND HE HAS A DRUG PROBLEM, NOW. WHICH MAKES IT HARDER. I HATE TO SEE HIM LIKE THIS BUT, HE KEEPS DOING IT. HE CALLS ME ALL THE TIME. 20 TO 30 CALLS A DAY.I TRIED BEING HIS FRIEND BUT, HE'S NOT HELPING HIMSELF SO DO I KEEP STRUGGLING TO BE HIS FRIEND? OR JUST LET IT GO?:(:confused: :confused:

I honestly would have drawn the line a long time ago, and never let myself get into this situation. sometimes people mistake kindness over weakness. :(