Clubplanet Nightlife Community

De La Guarda w/DJ Connection last performnce til nextyr

loch

last performance with special 2.5 hours (normally 70 mins.) "DJ Connection" collaboration (featuring special guest The Scumfrog) this thursday 9/26.

De La Guarda (http://www.delaguarda.com/ ...click on "El Show" for Flash media abstract of show)

• "They jump from the ceiling into the audience. They spray the audience with water. They perform acrobatic tricks. Another new vaudeville show." Now with a DJ! and for 2.5 hours!

the DJ Connection (http://www.matter-form.com/actions/delaguarda/)
  • the "DJ Connection" shows are unique to only the summertime (de la guardia still has their regular shows during the year; just not as fun, wet, wild, or crazy)...

• "HIGH FLYING ADORED: Off-Broadway's De La Guarda at the Daryl Roth Theatre is introducing a new element into its already fast-paced production. From now until the end of August, all Thursday-night performances are rechristened De La Guarda Presents DJ Connection. It's the same thrilling show, but with a twist: A live DJ is intertwined into the musical mix. For these shows, the normally 70-minute show expands to 2 & 1/2 hours. For those who have witnessed De La Guarda in the past, expect DJ Connection Thursdays to be harder, better, faster, and stronger—as well as louder and wetter."

the Scumfrog (http://www.thescumfrog.com/)
  • "The Scumfrog, an Amsterdam native and New York City transplant, has evolved his sound by combining the best from both sides of the Atlantic with a sophisticated blend of New York dark and funky beats and sexy European sounds...Within a few months, he made a "splash" into the club scene with his production of "The Watersong", which was featured on Danny Tenaglia's Global Underground CD 010, Athens. "

delaguarda.jpg

djconnection.jpg

delaguarda_flying.jpg

scumfrog.jpg

Title: De La Guarda: DJ Connection

September 26

w/ THE SCUMFROG

101 East 15th Street

@ 20 Union Square East

Time: Doors open at 8pm

9-11:30pm Show

Tickets: Regularly $45

NOW, FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY... $35 tickets

Mention Code: DGDJC35

Call Telecharge at 212-947-8844 and mention code DGDJC35 or bring this flyer to the Daryl Roth Theatre box office, Union Square East at 15th Street. ***subject to availability and prior sale. Limit 6 tickets er order. Offer may be revoked at any time.

De La Guarda Gets Higher, Louder, Wetter

Every Thursday This Summer!

DJ CONNECTION takes place every Thursday, doors open @ 8:00pm

Performance starts @ 9:00 PM

Performance length: approximately 2 hours, 30 minutes.

De La Guarda plays at the Daryl Roth Theatre, 20 Union Square East (at 15th Street) as follows: Tuesday & Wednesday at 8:00 PM, Friday at 8:00 & 10:30 PM, Saturday at 7:00 & 10:00 PM and Sunday at 7:00 PM, with DJ CONNECTION every Thursday at 9:00 PM! Ticket price ranges from $20-$50. Tickets may be purchased through Telecharge at (212) 239-6200.

Check out De La Guarda @ www.delaguarda.com

Originally posted by djqwest

Looks like a fuckin Promotion Post To Me!

Okay boys and girls, where do promotions post go? If I have to do it... so do you FOCKER!

you have GOT to be kidding me. hey genius, it's an off-broadway show that was noteworthy because it's the last show.

this, my friend, has nothing to do with promotion and everything to do w/ expanding your horizons besides johnny fucking vicious and sound fucking factory.

I'm kidding you? Lets call a spade a spade brother. Johnny Who? Factory What?

Originally posted by loch

you have GOT to be kidding me. hey genius, it's an off-broadway show that was noteworthy because it's the last show.

this, my friend, has nothing to do with promotion and everything to do w/ expanding your horizons besides johnny fucking vicious and sound fucking factory.

i've got an idea for you: why don't you pm dave and ms. menace to move this post...better yet, DELETE this post.

if you have ANY idea what the show's about, or common sense, you wouldn't resort to petty pee wee herman antics.

i heard fabulous reviews by word of mouth and figured i'd do cp a favor by telling them about it. so i guess i can't post about great movie reviews or when Cirque du Soleil's coming to town either, eh?

Yeah.... many people could make the same argument about they're promotional posts also.

i heard fabulous reviews by word of mouth and figured i'd do cp a favor by telling them about it. so i guess i can't post about great movie reviews or when Cirque du Soleil's coming to town either, eh?

i believe the policy with a 'promotion', or with 'promotional' posts, if i recall, is when someone plugs information about a party/club/venue (especially one with guestlists other than CP) that runs counter to or poses a conflict of interests with CP. in that regard, it is a valid argument and a sound business practice.

that said, this post has none of those elements and fits none of the criteria. it is an off-broadway acrobatic performance that happens to have a special guest dj. it is not a clubbing/party event. i am neither a promoter nor do i wish to be one. i do not stand to reap any economic benefits of such a performance, other than the experience itself and to let others know of such a performance that is worth seeing outside of your usual clubbing.

the mere fact that i have to explain this to someone who is so petty, trivial and dense to understand this; someone to call it out in such an unsubstantiated manner, not to mention doing so as if a once-spurned and reprimanded offender who seeks to exact vengeance on other well-meaning posters...has tainted the spirit and intention of this post.

have a good day, and may you be enriched with what the city has to offer.

I've been to it once, had a blast. Derrick May was behind the decks too... holy shit...

I have to try to go, but only if I can get my hands on the last minute cheap tix...

And as for promotions...Considering every promo effort made my De La has been PR and PAID message board promotions, and considering how I actually know Loc, I wouldn't jump on the fingerpointing act too soon.

Well said... I couldn't agree more with you however, your post does meet some of the criteria... mainly the fact that someone is making a profit and it's not CP. You may want to read your own post.

I'll point fingers! You are in fact promoting this event by based soley on the nature of the information. The fact you are not a promoter isn't the issue. The issue is the post.

how bout just providing your review on the event and letting people know your experiences?

That is all.

Originally posted by loch

i believe the policy with a 'promotion', or with 'promotional' posts, if i recall, is when someone plugs information about a party/club/venue (especially one with guestlists other than CP) that runs counter to or poses a conflict of interests with CP. in that regard, it is a valid argument and a sound business practice.

that said, this post has none of those elements and fits none of the criteria. it is an off-broadway acrobatic performance that happens to have a special guest dj. it is not a clubbing/party event. i am neither a promoter nor do i wish to be one. i do not stand to reap any economic benefits of such a performance, other than the experience itself and to let others know of such a performance that is worth seeing outside of your usual clubbing.

the mere fact that i have to explain this to someone who is so petty, trivial and dense to understand this; someone to call it out in such an unsubstantiated manner, not to mention doing so as if a once-spurned and reprimanded offender who seeks to exact vengeance on other well-meaning posters...has tainted the spirit and intention of this post.

have a good day, and may you be enriched with what the city has to offer.