Clubplanet Nightlife Community

friendship: what does it take?

wideskies

what does it take for you to maintain a 'working' friendship with someone else?

...is it easy for you to make friends and stay close with them? are you the sort of person that stays close with someone even if you don't see him or her all the time? (as in, once friends always friends)

or

...do your friendships take a lot of effort/time spent together with your friend to be worth your while? does it take work to maintain even a once-close relationship and does it fade away without the effort?

or

... does this all vary according to how long you've known someone?

i can form very intense friendships very quickly, and even with some time away with my friends i can feel very close to them. the thing is that some of these people don't operate the same way i do, and it's confusing sometimes... i can feel as close as EVER with someone at the same time that s/he feels utterly disconnected from me.

It depends on the person and depends on the situation. I usually form strong bonds of friendship, and with some people, I can pick up right where I left off. Other times, when I spend too much time away from someone, we tend to go our different ways and grow without each other, and if enough time has passed, it can be like hanging with a total stranger who you like to catch up with. Some contact is needed along the way, to make sure that you can still be on the same page with the person. Sometimes, you never lose that connection, and can spend months away from each other, and still pick up right where you left off, just by hanging out once.

....once i befriend someone....i am always their friend....unless they prove to be an asshole in some way....

....however.....i tend to bounce around ......not hang with someone for weeks/months....then go out with them all the time...then drift again.........but it's always the same.....u see...i get bored very easily.......but it's like an understanding with me and all of my friends....nothing changes...we all have our lives...separate and together.......and when together....it's always the same