Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinybutterfli

New party @ Edge?

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I'm confused. How is this not a "rave" event? Anyhow, $1 rail drinks before 11 pm. That's incentive enough to go early :D

Crank told me something intersting about that at Modern last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dcsglow

yay this is going to be fun, and sopha you don't want to let the cat out of the bag do you!!! i thought you wanted to keep your camel toe a secret????:eek:

that's actually anna's pic she gave me. i treasure it. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dcsglow

yay this is going to be fun, and sopha you don't want to let the cat out of the bag do you!!! i thought you wanted to keep your camel toe a secret????:eek:

dude, i dont think well ever see you at the edge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mizsupersonic

Ok, since I am the *official* PR person for Basik now, lemme clear up some rumors.

-This is an Edge (not Stellar) promoted party. No promoters are involved.

-BASIK is every Saturday night, with DJs SLANT, TOM B, KEITH GARDNER & TY

www.demrain.com/basik

If you have any other questions, let me know.

is there any plans to bring outside dj's, like the type we saw at buzz in the main room even if its once in a while?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Eventually, the club will be showcasing ONE single dj/performer each week.

-As the event builds in popularity, the club will eventually host additional talent. local, regional, national and international djs will be selected in the future.

-The point of BASIK is to really focus on the music, not the djs.

Once the ability to bring in additional talent is available, the dj performing will be playing to a first class crowd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"FROM THE EDGE: The edge is not looking to book any random DJ. The djs being booked will be the ones that can handle a 4+ hour dj set.

Those that have the ability to control an entire night of music.

The edge's goal is to bring back the days of when single DJs would champion their own club night.

Before the "rave" scene began, clubs would host only ONE main DJ, and that's the idea behind BASIK.

Moving away from the rave-like-feel is to ensure the longevity of the club and to also help create a new standard for the Edge.

We're not looking to re-invent the wheel, we're just recycling it!

If you have any questions, concerns or even advice, please contact us at [email protected]. we welcome your feedback!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by shadygroovedc

That's fucking cool. I hope this party lasts longer than other Stellar ventures recently. Maybe without the shadow of Buzz, Ty and Stellar will finally get their due.

werd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by dcsglow

yo P, did u get that cd or record? holla

nah I will, I've been slacking, I mentioned it to him and it's not a problem, it's just me getting it, maybe this sat. if I go to the edge or next. Either way I'll hook you up sometime, my bad.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by pgiddy

nah I will, I've been slacking, I mentioned it to him and it's not a problem, it's just me getting it, maybe this sat. if I go to the edge or next. Either way I'll hook you up sometime, my bad.....

aight thats cool, i think im planing on going to the edge ne way this sat i dunno...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mizsupersonic

"FROM THE EDGE: The edge is not looking to book any random DJ. The djs being booked will be the ones that can handle a 4+ hour dj set.

Those that have the ability to control an entire night of music.

The edge's goal is to bring back the days of when single DJs would champion their own club night.

----

Sounds good to me!!! I love me some Tom B and Ty T.....Slant isn't bad either....and haven't checked out Keith Gardner yet....but good to see that the Edge will still have something going on Sat. nites - I just love the venue and vibe there too much.

:)

-YG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×