Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I can't F'in stand it anymore....

prplhz

I can't f'in stand work anymore!!! I need to find me a new job, I just hate accounting!! And the thought of tax season makes me want to run for the hills....

What I want to do, find a really good bartending job, (yes I do have a license) and go back to graduate school. Call it running away from resposiblities or whatever you want, but I can't stand it anymore. I am sitting here right now looking at my work saying to myself, could I really not care this much:(

Sorry just want to vent

sorry dude.....you can vent all you want...were here for you prplhz...yeah sometimes i feel the same way about my crappy job...hell i could be somewhere else making 5-10k more and actually be working most of the time alas, but here i am.....i would really just like to win the lotto :( :( :( :( :( :(

Originally posted by vicman

sorry dude.....you can vent all you want...were here for you prplhz...yeah sometimes i feel the same way about my crappy job...hell i could be somewhere else making 5-10k more and actually be working most of the time alas, but here i am.....i would really just like to win the lotto :( :( :( :( :( :(

Me too! It would be so cool to be able to be a career traveler, with lots of money and nothing too do. I just feel like this is such a dead end job for me, I really feel as though my heart is not in accounting anymore. Atleast public accounting it isn't:( , it depresses me thought because I have put so much into my career the past few years, yet I feel as though I haven't gotten anywhere. I hate the work, the people here at my work are great, and the money is good, it's just the work sucks. And tax season isn't any better, I have to work like 60 hours a week and 6 days at that, I mean I know people work much harder then me and I shouldn't be complaining it's just that the work is not fun. It's the same damn thing day in and day out. I really need to find a new career, something I actually enjoy doing....

Thanks for listening to me bitch, I feel bad complaining but I really don't have too many people that will listen, or shall I say want to listen.... I have just been feeling so down about what I am doing lately, but the job market is terrible right now, and I am in for the next tax season here because if I leave I will be burning a bridge. Just so damn busy and this place doesn't have enough staff. Never mind the fact that it's such a boys club!

So how are things in DC since Buzz got cancelled? Is there going to be another night to pick up for them, or this the end of nightlife as you know it in DC? I feel really badly for you guys considering if Avalon closed we would be in the same boat as you guys.... It's almost as if the dance club scene should go back under ground to avoid all of this beaurocracy(sp), that way they wouldn't be able to shut us down, let the people have fun....:flame::direct:

I know what you're saying even though I'm kinda in a different boat. I changed my major late and have been catching up since, still don't really have an idea what I want to do with what I'm studying now. I haven't done any amount of work and don't see that changing in the near future, so obviously I'm not that into what I'm supposed to working towards. To make it worse next week I basically have to choose what I'll be doing in the Army for the next 5+ years once I'm done here and I am :confused: as fuck. Plus I wanna go to Germany but don't want to end up in Iraq or some other hot ass place :worry: Sorry to change the subject, just wanted to vent a bit also. I can't think of a better job than being a pro traveller btw (except a DJ cuz they do that anyway, even though its rushed) I know you're supposed to do what makes you happy but usic is about the only thing that really does that, which doesn't leave many options open. Hopefully I/we will figure something out soon.

Originally posted by prplhz

I can't f'in stand work anymore!!! I need to find me a new job, I just hate accounting!! And the thought of tax season makes me want to run for the hills....

What I want to do, find a really good bartending job, (yes I do have a license) and go back to graduate school. Call it running away from resposiblities or whatever you want, but I can't stand it anymore. I am sitting here right now looking at my work saying to myself, could I really not care this much:(

Sorry just want to vent

I don't think it is running from responsibilities at all. Go back to school, do what you want to, make yourself happy. You have your whole life, it is not like you are 50. You can make good money bartending and get a degree. Then pay off your loans after you get the degree and a fatter paycheck. I say go for it if it makes you happy. What's the point of being misserable?

i agree w/ kaydup. sometimes things seem to be a dead end but they really arent, just takes us a few steps for us to change them. if you wanna go back to school then you can use the time ti get applications out and all of that stuff, then once ur in, you could quit the accounting job and go into bartending while going school or something like that.

alot of us dont really end up working in the area that we invisioned one day, we kinda just end there, and then of course dealing with other people can sometimes be very annoying.

i'm not all that happy with my current job, proof of it are my 9,000+ posts. I couldve stayed in NY working there but I would be working 60+ hrs, doing alot more that what i do here, but making less. then sometimes i think that i'm just going to waste here, not doing enough and would like my old job back. then there are other things that for the time being make it a bit difficult to change jobs at the moment for me. anyway...ahhhh, thats the way things go.

wel regarding buzz, still no word. they keep on talking that they will find another venue and take buzz there, try to keep it in DC. its just a question of waiting and seeing what comes up, but yeah, there is a void, not only music wise, but social-wise. i mean where else could i go on a weekly basis and know with almost 100% certainty that almost all of my friends would be there. there are other things going on in the city, but sometimes people (myself included) just dont feel up for it, so you never know who will show up or what not...well lets see what happens.

Originally posted by snatch69

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO NOT BE DOING WHAT YOU LOVE go out and do what makes YOU happy.

A sincere sentiment, but frankly it's a falsehood. I hate to sound pessimistic, but at the end of the day, probably 99% of America do not LOVE what they do, because there is invariably some shortfall. Some people have great jobs that don’t pay enough. Others have terrible jobs that pay a great deal. And no, while money is of course not the most important thing, it nonetheless A thing…a thing we simply cannot be without. And so most of us struggle, one way or the other, whether it’s with an ungratifying career, annoying coworkers, or an unreasonable wage, we struggle, and sometimes the only thing that keeps us going is the thought that someday, somehow, things will get better. The problem is, though, we wanna shoot from A to Z, without regard of what’s involved from B to Y. We’re too result oriented, flagrantly ignoring the road along the way to the result. Such an attitude only breads disappointment.

Has anyone ever read the Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus? To make a long story short, Sisyphus is a guy who is condemned to push a bolder up a hill for eternity. Every time he nears the top of the hill, and thus completion of his task, the bolder inexplicably gets away from him, and rolls back to the bottom. He believes it can be eventually done. Little does he know, though, it simply cannot, ever. Such is his hell. But the funny thing is, despite such a dreadful existence, Sisyphus isn’t exactly miserable because, although he seemingly cannot achieve his goal, the challenge to achieve it thrills him.

So, I guess the moral of the story is while you may never find a job that satisfies you completely, while you may never know a life of sheer perfection, don’t stop trying, ‘cause it’s fun as fuck just to try. :)

Originally posted by groovefire

A sincere sentiment, but frankly it's a falsehood. I hate to sound pessimistic, but at the end of the day, probably 99% of America do not LOVE what they do, because there is invariably some shortfall. Some people have great jobs that don’t pay enough. Others have terrible jobs that pay a great deal. And no, while money is of course not the most important thing, it nonetheless A thing…a thing we simply cannot be without. And so most of us struggle, one way or the other, whether it’s with an ungratifying career, annoying coworkers, or an unreasonable wage, we struggle, and sometimes the only thing that keeps us going is the thought that someday, somehow, things will get better. The problem is, though, we wanna shoot from A to Z, without regard of what’s involved from B to Y. We’re too result oriented, flagrantly ignoring the road along the way to the result. Such an attitude only breads disappointment.

Has anyone ever read the Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus? To make a long story short, Sisyphus is a guy who is condemned to push a bolder up a hill for eternity. Every time he nears the top of the hill, and thus completion of his task, the bolder inexplicably gets away from him, and rolls back to the bottom. He believes it can be eventually done. Little does he know, though, it simply cannot, ever. Such is his hell. But the funny thing is, despite such a dreadful existence, Sisyphus isn’t exactly miserable because, although he seemingly cannot achieve his goal, the challenge to achieve it thrills him.

So, I guess the moral of the story is while you may never find a job that satisfies you completely, while you may never know a life of sheer perfection, don’t stop trying, ‘cause it’s fun as fuck just to try. :)

Yup, the grass is.... well, you know... and wasn't that story somehow tied in with the Odessey (Homer)?

Groovefire, awesome post. You're right on the money with that one (as usual).

People always say "Do what you love" when giving others advice on taking a job. And, there's no doubt about it, in a perfect world we'd all do what we love 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Only problem is, most every job that lets you "Do what you love" doesn't pay well... why would they give a lot of money to someone to do something that's fun? They know people will want to do it anyway. So, to me, doing what I love is going out to clubs, listening to good music and maybe having a few drinks in the process. In order to do this, I need to get PAID! So, I do what I love in my free time, and that's enough to make me happy.

Now, that being said, I actually like my job. I'm fortunate enough to be someone who enjoys doing something that other people hate doing, or just can't do... working with computer languages and software. It's something I picked up as a kid and totally loved (I learned how to make little basic video game programs in the 4th grade and thought it was the coolest [dork]. I always thought it'd be awesome to do that for a job). So, that's what I do today... ok, I don't make video games, but I wouldn't want to even if I could. Now, my job can suck just as much as anyone's... it's stressful, the hours can be long sometimes, my boss can be a douche bag, but everyday I'm thankful that I'm doing something I enjoy and that it pays pretty well in the process and allows me to do the things I *really* love. Yeah, I'd love to have a job where I got to travel around for a living, or got to grease-up swimsuit models... but I'll definitely take what I've got... no regrets. Personally, I'd look for a job like that.

Originally posted by whadupg

If it were fun all the time, it wouldn't be called work - we'd all be going to play everyday. Personally, I think I'm going to end up a part-time student forever and aspiring to become a lottery winner when I grow-up. :D

When you will the lottery, will you buy us all a partyhouse to live in together, so none of us have to work anymore. And just so it's not weird, we can each have a separate bedroom with a computer, and only communicate via message boards.

When you will the lottery, will you buy us all a partyhouse to live in together, so none of us have to work anymore. And just so it's not weird, we can each have a separate bedroom with a computer, and only communicate via message boards.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I luv you groovefire!!!

:laugh: Now that was a witty comment if I've ever heard one :laugh:

Points well stated by groovefire :idea:

i'm sorry, but groovefire and nyis4 are wrong. jess, i LOVE my job, it allows me to do what i love to do spending wise, AND i get a FREE BU education to boot! you just gotta keep your options open, have a positive attitude, and go for what YOU want. don't listen to those that are miserable b/c they make shitloads of money and HATE their jobs. i'm sorry guys, but newsflash..it DOESN'T have to be that way!!! granted, most HATE their jobs and valid points were made here, but whatever, that's not everyone's case. i'm SHIT HAPPY right now, so ignore the other comments and go for you LOVE/WANT. it can't hurt right?

I'm in too!! As long as teamj5 isn't allowed to come over.