Clubplanet Nightlife Community

do you "settle for less"?

wideskies

gabo's post about old people and how they might see themselves VS how we see them sparked this inquiry...

if you have some idea in your mind about the sort of Ideal Person you'd like to date/fall in love with/marry/whatever and certain attributes you find extremely important... but for some reason you can't seem to meet that person (even if it's just "a girl with triple-Ds" or "a guy with a forked tongue" rather than some involved description) do you find yourself persisting in the search and waiting till you find the person?

or do you "settle for less" and give others a shot when originally you wouldn't have because they don't fulfill certain requirements, knowing that your search might be hindered by the fact you're involved with someone?

and.. do you find that you end up *as happy* with those less perfect individuals that you would have imagined with the Ideal Mate?

or do you find yourself constantly thinking about how they don't truly live up to your requirements for an Ideal Mate?

i like cheesecake.

..when it comes to mates, i tend to believe the road filled with expectation leads to disappointment....i think there is a huge difference between expectations and standards...and you should most definitely have the latter...not being egotistical or ideal but i have experienced so many different "types" of women and in their own right/way were beautiful...for various reasons...i realize now that it was due to me being open to whatever comes my way...to not search out a type or ideal...even if you do, and i probably did at some point, odds are you will meet someone outside of those values that will, for lack of a better term, Rock Your World...the way i have experienced it, beauty tends to grow the more you get to know somebody...if there is beauty there ofcourse...

Originally posted by tastyt

But do they even use eggs in cheesecake?

..but ofcourse...

Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake

1 9 oz package chocolate wafer cookies

3 T butter melted

12 oz Semisweet choc chips

1 C heavy cream

3/4 C Raspberry jam

2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened

3/4 C sugar

4 Eggs

2 t vanilla

Grind cookies to a fine powder, mix with the butter and press into the bottom and up the sides about an inch of a 9" springform pan (or 2 7" pans).

Refrigerate while making the filling.

Combine the chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat at high for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth. Stir every minute. Mix in the jam, stirring until disolved, let cool 10 minutes

Mix the creamcheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add the vanilla and the chocolateraspberry mixture. Mix well.

Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours at 325 or until cake is set around the edges but still jiggles slightly in the centr. Cool and put in the fridge for at least 6 hours.

We typically make it in the 7" pans and get 16 sinfully rich slices per cake

Originally posted by tastyt

Cherry or blueberry, on the other hand... :drool:

...ask and ye shall receive...

Cherry Cheesecake

Ingredients:

2 (8 oz) package cream cheese

3/4 cup sugar

2 tbs flour

1/2 tsp salt

3 eggs slightly beaten

1 cup sour cream

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 tsp vanilla

1 can cherry pie filling

Directions:

In a 8 or 9 square pan, mash the cream cheese with a fork until soft. Add sugar, flour, and salt; then blend well. Add the remaining ingredients except for the pie filling. Mix thorougly with a fork until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the pan.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Spread cherry pie filling on cake. Chill.

wideskies: if you have some idea in your mind about the sort of Ideal Person you'd like to date/fall in love with/marry/whatever and certain attributes you find extremely important... but for some reason you can't seem to meet that person (even if it's just "a girl with triple-Ds" or "a guy with a forked tongue" rather than some involved description) do you find yourself persisting in the search and waiting till you find the person?

or do you "settle for less" and give others a shot when originally you wouldn't have because they don't fulfill certain requirements, knowing that your search might be hindered by the fact you're involved with someone?

Scared: is hard i mean i think im dose kind of persons who never find what she want in a man but always settle for less,i give others a shot scince i cant find what i want ...

Wideskies: and.. do you find that you end up *as happy* with those less perfect individuals that you would have imagined with the Ideal Mate?

or do you find yourself constantly thinking about how they don't truly live up to your requirements for an Ideal Mate?

Scared: Im happy but i never stop thinking in my ideal mate infact i dream all the time with it and must of my wet dreams he is there i guess i will never find it :(

is not like i requier a lot but i need someone more secure and more firm in his way to act toward me.....

like dolcemimi said in the other topic :

WE WANT THE BAD BOYS TO BE NICE TO US ! Not the good boys !

We want players to be faithful and pimps to be generous.

THATS WHAT IM LOOKING FORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Going through the wrong one's (or the ones who don't have potential being that ideal mate) just help us find the right one, I don't feel that's settling..more like a learning experience..& you never know, someone who may seem to be totally wrong for you could end up being your perfect match.

As far as WAITING for the ideal mate...time will take it's course & eventually that person will be right in front of you

One of my good friends once told me "Everyone wants 100%, but who is 100?"

She was right. If you wait for the one that fits all your standards and expectations you will probably never find em.

I wouldn't settle either, it's nice to find someone that is very close. :)

See now im an Example of a person that doesnt settle for less. Im not going to sit here and list what i am looking for, but all i can say is that sometimes i wish i could change.

Ive spent the past 5 years of my life without dating. I can never seem to find that person im looking for. Of course you get a few that are close, i think that makes it harder cause they are SO CLOSE to what you want that the littlest difference ticks you off more than if someone was the opposite of what you want.

I HAVE come to realize there is the chance I will never find that ONE person. I am fine with this reality. I secure with loneliness. I enjoy being home alone, going out alone sometimes, "me time" as i like to call it. Of course everyone has those days where it just hurts to be alone, but thats what freinds are for.

One day...with all wishes and dreams put aside, that one person will come to me. I am a strong believer. And if not, well, im having my fun living.

No Regrets...

I settled for less once and GOOD GOD that was a big mistake !!

I went out w/ some guy who I wasn't even attracted for about a year and he was an insecure asshole !! He knew I was too good for him and others would say stuff like " You're too pretty for him - I can't believe you're his gf !!"

ANYWAYS - if you think that you're not geting a good product in the beginning then something will def go wrong during the relationship - IT ALWAYS SHOWS UP ! IF you're not happy w/ person in the beginning - you won't be happy with him/her in the long run !

Would you buy a dress or a car you think is so so but you think maybe it'll grow on me ? NO WAY !

A person should atleast make you feel confident about what you're getting your self into

Originally posted by legend38

One of my good friends once told me "Everyone wants 100%, but who is 100?"

She was right. If you wait for the one that fits all your standards and expectations you will probably never find em.

I wouldn't settle either, it's nice to find someone that is very close. :)

since when do you have standards? :tongue:

Originally posted by scaredgirl

wideskies: if you have some idea in your mind about the sort of Ideal Person you'd like to date/fall in love with/marry/whatever and certain attributes you find extremely important... but for some reason you can't seem to meet that person (even if it's just "a girl with triple-Ds" or "a guy with a forked tongue" rather than some involved description) do you find yourself persisting in the search and waiting till you find the person?

Scared: is hard i mean i think im dose kind of persons who never find what she want in a man but always settle for less,i give others a shot scince i cant find what i want ...

Wideskies: and.. do you find that you end up *as happy* with those less perfect individuals that you would have imagined with the Ideal Mate?

Scared: Im happy but i never stop thinking in my ideal mate infact i dream all the time with it and must of my wet dreams he is there i guess i will never find it :(

is not like i requier a lot but i need someone more secure and more firm in his way to act toward me.....

like dolcemimi said in the other topic :

WE WANT THE BAD BOYS TO BE NICE TO US ! Not the good boys !

We want players to be faithful and pimps to be generous.

THATS WHAT IM LOOKING FORRRRRRRRRRRRR

AMEN, sister ;)

I do have an idea about the "ideal" girl I'd fall for and end up with... the problem is, it's a romantic concept but not very practical. Some people will meet their "ideal" match, and end up very happy. Some people will meet someone else that they never thought they'd be interested in, but who opens them up to a completely different and equally fulfilling relationship.

It's just different sides of the same prism. You can change how you approach everything, who you date and what they look like - that part is under your control... but you can't change the love that you'd feel, the happiness they bring and the joy you feel to be around them. That is something that cannot be controlled, only created by someone else in your life.

So, i say if the love, the joy and the happiness is there, and you're happy being a part of it, then all else doesn't really matter, does it? like they say, love takes many forms... and not necessarily the form you thought of.

I like Cheese. I like Cake.

In the past I have definitly settled for less because I never believed I could get better or even deserved it for that matter.. I also realized that whe you look you will never find.. It will happen by fate.. but now I have finally met someone who made me realize I shouldn't have to settle for anything less than what I want/deserve.. But now I dont have to worry about "settling for less" b/c I have found my "ideal mate"... :)

btw...phatman.. you have the recipe for just chocolate silk cheesecake? OMG it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!!