Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ecstasy may cause Parkinsons Disease

lizard23

Check out the article below. I'm not sure why it was wrtitten and published, the results of the test don't seem very conclusive. It also seems like once again, they gave the animals a ridiculously large amount of the drug, which would definately cause serious problems, just because it's so much, not because it's that bad.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/09/26/ecstasy.damage.ap/index.html

ya that study seems like it was definitely biased toward anti-ecstasy ppl....i figured out the dose he gave them and it's ridiculous...it translates to about 500mg MDMA for a person so that's like about 10 rolls....but then....he injected it into the blood which is 100% absorption.....when a person swallows an E...its like 30-40% absorption.....so u wanna do all the math...it's like me swallowing 25 rolls at once to have this dose of MDMA in my blood.....ALSO.....a toronto scientist said he examinend the brain of a habitual ecstasy user and there was no such damage in the brain.....i'm not saying E is good for ur brain, cuz it's not......but i believe the human brain quickly adapts to shit like this....that's why E isnt the same when u keep rollin and rollin....its like ur brain is adapting 2 the chemical....then if u stop for say a year and roll it will be awesome again.....they should actually do decent studies instead of blowing they're money on shit like this tryin 2 scare ppl..

They are all government studies and they don't get funding to find out that drug-Z does nothing to people. They get funding to find out something is wrong.

What they need to do is fund a third-party private corporation to do an extensive long term study on the effects of MDMA on humans.

They need to gain the knowledge that will inform people not persuade them.

Someone mentioned an interpretation of the study that when read implies that they scaled the dosage injected into the primates to their body weight.

I have seen some pretty small women rolling balls though and you wonder how much they take.

people that sit and worry about this kind of shit are the ones that will surely come down with it...fuck life causes cancer...for some of that shit there is nothing u can do about it...u could get one of hundreds of illnesses and i u EVER touched a drug..smoke or alch u could say "well back when i was young and smoke that crack rock..thats why i have (insert sickness here) and thats that.."

whatever...drugs are bad for you..so is bad air..polluted water..sugar..salt...sex...driving a car...etc etc

throw me a fricken bone people..were all on limited time anyhow..live life to its fullest..the chance that we will all make it to a ripe old age is slim anyhow...

I don't think so. Also, not everbody is taking pure MDMA when they buy a pill, so who knows exactly what your body is being given and what the lasting effects may be. Most test results that I've seen are inconclusive because of the way in which it is tested - monkies being given 10 pills is not an accurate way to test the effect of the drug on humans. Not saying the shit isn't bad for you though, just need more accurate studies conducted on it.

One scary report is the case of the "frozen addicts"... these folks ingested what was presumed to be homemade ecstasy, but was actually a close synthetic derivative of mdma... they took 1 dose apiece, and now all 5 of these people are essentially 'frozen' - they can not move of their own volition, and drool all over themselves... the kicker is that they are fully aware of their state, but cant do anything about it! One dose of this chemical wiped out their basal ganglia, but left the rest of their brain intact.

This is now the drug that researchers give to rabbits to simulate parkinsons disease. sad story though...

drugs are risky business, to say the least!

Originally posted by gambitrah

people that sit and worry about this kind of shit are the ones that will surely come down with it...fuck life causes cancer...for some of that shit there is nothing u can do about it...u could get one of hundreds of illnesses and i u EVER touched a drug..smoke or alch u could say "well back when i was young and smoke that crack rock..thats why i have (insert sickness here) and thats that.."

whatever...drugs are bad for you..so is bad air..polluted water..sugar..salt...sex...driving a car...etc etc

throw me a fricken bone people..were all on limited time anyhow..live life to its fullest..the chance that we will all make it to a ripe old age is slim anyhow...

wow that was perfectly said:D

ur 100% right

Originally posted by romy20

wow that was perfectly said:D

ur 100% right

thanks sweetie :) i guess my main point is this...i did E and lsd HEAVILY for almost 9 years..im talkin 10-15 ills a night and the same if not more liq as well..that takes a long time to build up a tolerence for and when one deals in the trade...the amount one does is of little signifigance..i am scared to death that i will get parkinsons or some other problem cuz of this...if i could go back and do it again would i? i would..just not to the same extreme...i love drugs..i fucking LOVE lsd..if i could trip now with out the side effects i would..but i cant..and its whatever now. I stopped partyin and clubbin and it all cold turkey one weekend and it kills me to sit at home on the weekends or not club\party\rave...but i know if i get back into it ill lose my phat job..my house..and do more damage then ive already done...im in school full time at nights and i have the worst time concentrating and remembering shit..at work to..so i have to adjust...do i blame the drugs? no..i blame the fact that i did so much of it...no one should do 15 fucking pills and puddle liquid cid fri AND sat nights for 8 or 9 years..thats just stupid..thats like someone not smoking then smoking a few cartons on the weekend and bitchin they have lung cancer years later...

i have offered myself to clinics and doctors to test myself..MRI the brain and shit but i was told i didnt abuse drugs enuf..my reply "anyone that did more E or lsd then i did if probably a vegetable drooling on themselves now"..they werent impressed cuz i wasnt the typical crack\heroin addict..anyhow...

you could die tomorrow walking down the street or u could roll out of bed and break your neck..who knows..u could also live to a ripe old age and if u abuse shit now and are the lucky ones to live that long..youll probably regret all the shit u are doing now and will live a misearble old existance...

/soap box off

:)