Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SOTU Underground Update - Phreaq

djobby

One of my favorite tracks,

Phreaq's debut single 'Falling' was released on IDJ in November 2000 but still holds a place in most intelligent dance floors. It is an atmospheric track with a haunting melody, that captures the imagination with it's chords and vocal line, echoing back to both the song's title and the late Eighties, with a modern twist for a new generation. Fans of A Man Called Adam, early Dot Allison in One Dove, and Orchestra of One will immediately be drawn into Falling blissful depths. The pulsing percussion of the original gets a good going over on the deeper club mix, heavier on the bass and added effects on the vocals, providing an almost latin vibe to the mix as the keyboards come in to build up the atmosphere. The bongos and percussion drive the tune, and the haunting melody of the vocal is here again until the beat kicks in.

Adam Dived, aka Dino Lenny, completes the remix package, giving the tune a progressive house re-working, taking the driving beats and twisting them on their head in true tribal style. The beautiful melodic vocals fit perfectly over the atmospheric effects and punching keyboards, combining with the now darker signature rhythms of this now twisted house track. Expect to find Phreaq's 'Falling' at home on any dance floor, or in any mindset, exciting the crowds and whipping them into a frenzy, blowing apart any attempts to pigeonhole this band...

Although released in 2000, I still find this one in the front of my favorite crate.

Obby

attachment.php?s=&postid=983899